am I missing something about deadeye?

coso.9173

It seems clumsy, and weak. I do more single target long range damage with p/p and with DDstaff I do more damage to 5 enemies instead of one.Is there something I'm not getting? I thought the good thing about giving up all mobility and becoming a turret was at least to do good damage, but i burn enemies faster with p/p skill 3 while moving.really not feeling the new spec for now...

I am enjoying it, but I do think it is very initiative starved. They should add initiative regeneration to Mark, or one of the minor traits in Deadeye. Rifle 3 was just nerfed by 16% unfortunately, and also drains way too much initiative. Rifle 1 is pretty low damage. Every shot needs pierce and you shouldn't be able to block or dodge Mark.

@Ashanor.5319 said:They way I am getting around the initiative starvation is using the Shadow Arts line, but it requires a lot of stealth/wait etc. That isn't very helpful in a group fight.

It feels like if they want to go that route of waiting, then Silent Scope needs an increased duration on stealth until you attack. I'm talking about 10s. Make it Camouflage if you wish so evading pulls you out of it, but if they really want us to sit there waiting for initiative and making the shot, then the stealth gained from the trait needs to be much longer.

@coso.9173 said:I know each spec is suposed to have its ups and downs, but so far there's nothing that I see DE with rifle being better than any other spec. mobility is worse, single target damage is worse, aoe damage is worse, so what is it good at?

Looking a lot cooler then Daredevil because you have a rifle instead of a stupid staff?

Yeah, the damage on the rifle is low. I do PVE, and for most encounters I just use D/P or S/D, using the mark mechanic to spam quickness or to supplement damage against big bosses. I've found Shadow Flare to be useful. Currently the Deadeye is for niche use, since the main advantage of the rifle is it's range, not it's damage. Though most of the skills are... meh. Death's Judgement is the most stellar skill, but having to wait 10 seconds to use it is pretty painful.

Unfortunately, I have no data in DPS rates for long range weapons.

@"coso.9173" You have 15%/21%(*) more Damage (not Condition Damage) after you hit someone with a ranged attack. By the way, that 15% Damage only lasts for 5s (15s if you're attacking), and that 21% Damage is impossible to get unless your attacking and only lasts 11s if you're attacking between Interval, meaning you're not allowed to stealth if you want maximum damage. Oh, also, Death's Judgment deals 75%/105% Extra Damage if you're at max stacks! MOAR DAMAGE IS BETTER DAMAGE!!! (Cap Locks is sarcasm).

Honestly, the developers did the worst possible thing: They are balancing for "Best case scenario". They're worried that this THEORETICAL 126% Damage would ruin the game, so they've gutted the class in all other aspects of its design to keep this 126% Damage in check without ruining "their vision" for how this class "should" function. Heck, they nerfed Tripple Shot (which was arguably a kitten skill to begin with) because it was "to good compared to Death's Judgement", so instead of buffing Death's Judgement (or buffing the class in any meaningful way), they nerffed it so more people would spam AA's until Malice was full stacks so they could spam Death's Judgement, but in doing so, they only ruined this spec even more.

Edit: Almost forgot to Mention that Deadeye's Mark can be dodgerolled, blocked, reflected, obscured, out or ranged, and put on full cooldown with absolute ZERO benefit or refund. It's put on a FULL cooldown if you kitten up. So even that 15%/21% "extra damage" isn't Guaranteed.

(Edited 2: Manually added "Kitten" into my posts - I think they broke it with edits).

I do not think Rifle THAT far off but if they want to make it do what it should be doing , I think the build errors a wee bit too much on the side of caution.

The first thing they should do is up the range and specifically when kneeling to 1800. This would go a long ways toward making it a reason to use. There then needs to be subtle Rifle only changes. IE while increasing malice gain has been suggested it not rifle specific so would not help Rifle when compared to other weapons. Here I think more subtle tweaks needed to Rifle directly.

These can include some combination of the following.

A lowering of some of the INI costs. Deaths judgment by one as example given how long the setup time is. Increasing projectile velocity by 20 percent across the board. Lower deaths Retreat by 1. A slight lowering of some of the skills activation time from 3/4's to .5 sec. Up cursed bullet corruption to three boons. Increase poison stack duration on DR to 6 seconds. 1 more stack Vuln on deadlyl aim base against Mark and on briutal aim against mark. Consider a 1/4 second daze on Spotter shot..

DE itself has core, but minor, problems centered around mark that needs work. Rifle, on the other hand, is complete trash. It needs serious attention.

My experience has not changed since demo weekend (go figures). The time I spent on DE was spent using only S/X...because rifle is just THAT BAD that I have literally 0 desire to use it.

As far as the DE spec goes itself , the core build is really quite good. The only thing I would look at is perhaps a cantrip lower cooldown effect. I would also not overwrite or "lose" stolen skills.

I have been testing with my p/d sb condtion build and contrary to claims made prior there is a lot here for Condition builds and I find it more effective using DE in my build then daredevil. The ability to reset steal via mercy and or the kill is a significant advantage as is the application of conditions without a port to. Might stacking for harder ticks is much easier and easy stealth access allows for yet more INI free sneak attack sources.

Across other weapon sets from s/d to p/p the DE specs work very well. While it plays different that hardly means it plays worse then the Daredevil spec.

Finally as a BTW Sigil Of Severance is sweet with a x/p build or in a build using Scorpion wire. I am loving it with my older d/p DrD build. This not a DE thing but if you can use one I suggest you get one :)

Here's some tips to help

1. Stow weapon while kneeling.
  2. Use GM quick trait with rifle. TRB from 1500 range with quickness.....
  3. Change your thought process. Rifle as a +1 range is godly. Rifle 1v1 with room is insane.
  4. PvE it doesn't matter what you run. Have fun

You're all welcome especially once you realize what number one does.

I've been enjoying Deadeye though I see it's problems. I use it almost exclusively in PvE because I learned to run away alot (lol) and go stealth, which always sends the enemy looking for someone else. I'm a thief, right? I even steal other people presence so the enemy finds something else to do. However, I am guess I'm not quite understanding Mark as I thought I did. I fire off Mark, which should be set to the longest rifle skill we have (doesn't seem to be), and then malice is supposed to build until the enemy is dead? If the "steal" skill (which applies to mark/malice) also has other conditions on the enemy, the enemy knows you're there immediately. Is malice still applied until the enemy is dead? Seems like I never get past one tick of the ol' malice-o-meter. Do I really have to wait and do nothing until I get good malice to do significant damage?

There is one thing they must fix, and that is line of sight. If I have a pistol and I am turned away from the enemy, hitting any pistol skill has always auto-turned my character to the enemy to fire off the round. Rifle? Never. Ever. Just stands there until I manually maneuver around. That has to change. Auto-line of the sight whenever a rifle round skill is used.

Archived