Trading post: How is this even possible?

Some kind of glitch perhaps? https://imgur.com/a/1jhGKYA

Sliver of Twitching Forgemetal. 1 buy order for 10 copper. Item has a vendor value of 32 copper with a minimum sell price of 38 copper. (before the TP change, it was vendor value plus 1 copper. This is wayyy below even that old system)

This specific crafting material came out with the PoF expansion. So it's not a very old listing that's been there since before the changes to the trading post minimum sell price a long time ago.

Speaking of which, there are still a lot of crafting materials with thousands and thousands of buy orders below the minimum allowed sell price.

Tiny Fang, for example. Buy orders of 248 at 3 copper, and 31,507 at 4 copper. The minimum price it can be sold is 5 copper. https://imgur.com/a/eUl1uVW

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:it's a remnant of the time before, when you could sell items for any price

Only for items that existed before the change to how the trading post functions now.

As I said, Sliver of Twisted Forgemetal crafting material was added with the PoF expansion. Looooong after the changes to the trading post.

I think before the changes to what it is now it use to be vendor value plus 1 copper, or at least vendor value at minimum. For a value of 32 copper it would have had a minimum sell price of at least 32 copper under the old system. But.........there is a buy order for 1 at 10 copper, which is wayyyy below what the old system allowed for this particular crafting material. I suppose it's possible you use to be able to sell items below vendor value in the beginning. I started playing 4 years ago, and back then it was at least vendor value at minimum before the current system was put in place.

I'm guessing what you're trying to say it that it's possible it's a glitch in the system due to remnants of the old system still existing in the game's coding. It probably is some kind of glitch in the game's coding. I don't think it would be possible for a player to intentionally place a buy order below the minimum price it can be sold.

I do wish they could fix this thing once and for all.

Sliver of Twitching Forgemetal and a few other PoF mats launched without a base/vendor value, so could be sold for anything (like Eye of Kormir, which still has no base value), you can see this on old pictures of the mat showing its description. looks like the old orders weren't removed when it got given a base price.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:Some kind of glitch perhaps? https://imgur.com/a/1jhGKYA

Sliver of Twitching Forgemetal. 1 buy order for 10 copper. Item has a vendor value of 32 copper with a minimum sell price of 38 copper. (before the TP change, it was vendor value plus 1 copper. This is wayyy below even that old system)

This specific crafting material came out with the PoF expansion. So it's not a very old listing that's been there since before the changes to the trading post minimum sell price a long time ago.

Speaking of which, there are still a lot of crafting materials with thousands and thousands of buy orders below the minimum allowed sell price.

Tiny Fang, for example. Buy orders of 248 at 3 copper, and 31,507 at 4 copper. The minimum price it can be sold is 5 copper. https://imgur.com/a/eUl1uVW

twisted forgemetal had no vendor value during beta weekends for pof which is when it appeared on the tp.

There is also a bug where sometimes if you sell things very quickly, before the pop-up window has fully loaded it can sell for far less than the lowest sell order/highest buy order. I've not encountered it myself but there might be a similar bug where you can create buy orders before it's fully loaded and get around the minimum price. Not that it would help you if you can, because no one will be able to sell it to you at that price.

Archived