How is WvW these days?

Croff.8051

If you had fun before, you'll probably still have fun. Everything feels basically the same to me. Burst is bursty, condis are condi, zergs move in similar ways. There will just be a lot of new classes to "figure out".

Without knowing anything about Bless Online besides a couple trailer videos, I'm assuming PvP is going to be dictated more by consumables/gear/level than skill, no matter how interesting the combat system ends up being. At least that's been the trend with beautiful MMOs from Asia for the past... decade or so?

WvW state is awfull... aoe spam everywhere... noob frendly & casual gameplay at its best.

@Cogbyrn.7283imo im waiting for Ashes of creation ._. massive WvW in PVE?? what else is needed?Pitty that the development of the game feels a bit pale and they havent done much work on characters and skills.

i think WvW is still fun for the most part. Depends if you are EU or NA but NA is definitely more casual rn. There really arent any true "hardcore" guilds left on NA. Guilds run bigger and blob more. EU seems to be more competitive, (someone on EU correct me if im wrong) guilds run smaller and are more willing to GvG. (if you are into that).

IDK for me i basically play for the friends. Raid twice a week and just have fun. maybe when alliances hit things will be more competitive (for NA).there are some nights/ matchups where the fights are just nonexistent.

@"MadBomber.3719" said:i think WvW is still fun for the most part. Depends if you are EU or NA but NA is definitely more casual rn. There really arent any true "hardcore" guilds left on NA. Guilds run bigger and blob more. EU seems to be more competitive, (someone on EU correct me if im wrong) guilds run smaller and are more willing to GvG. (if you are into that).

Yeah NA is mostly blob vs. blob, i dont play much on NA coz of that, braindead gameplay... boring.EU have competetive guilds... most of gameplay running around them... and its more fun... also you can see some skill in gameplay.

EU has massive blobs. Way more blobby than NA. Have you guys ever played in EU?

WVW is a snooze atm. I don't even think the meta is that bad but there's no real meaning or purpose to the gamemode. The gamemode is shown the least amount of love by the devs and it's the gamemode with the most potential.

I still love it but I am less involved with trying to win as much as I used to, in comparison with just trying to improve personal skill overall. I don't mind trying other games too and see what it's like but I always play them in tandem with each other. They all seem interesting and able to fill in certain gaps that all the others might not have, so I appreciate them as a whole instead of individually. Gonna be hard to break the love I have for the feeling of movement/combat mechanics that this game has [similarly Warframe also rates highly from me in the same respect for that kind of game in regards to the movement and combat mechanics].As for the state of WvW overall, it's a mixed bag. I'm not sure what things can make it fun for everyone, due to the way people play. I try not to complain as much about things and just try to improve as a player, I'll take what I can. Just the lag though, that is my first complaint. I am generally fine with everything else thrown at me but not the lag. Yesterday it took me 3-6s to pass through a gate portal, and I would get "glued" constantly on the ground trying to get up from kneeling on deadeye leading to many deaths. Same thing happens on other classes with certain skills. I still did have fun though in general. I'm not sure if Alliances can fix the current problems it wants to be a solution for but at least we can try them as alternatives. WvW in my opinion is still active and there is lots of fun to be had.

@hunkamania.7561 said:EU has massive blobs. Way more blobby than NA. Have you guys ever played in EU?

WVW is a snooze atm. I don't even think the meta is that bad but there's no real meaning or purpose to the gamemode. The gamemode is shown the least amount of love by the devs and it's the gamemode with the most potential.

EU has blobs in maintime... on EB :D other times and borders are driven by havoc groups, roamers, guilds ... and only sometimes main eb comm hop to border to do something...

On EU WvW is a pale shadow of its former self, you have t1/t2 matchups often comprised of 5-7 servers that have way less activity (less fights, less guilds, less commanders, less roaming, "primetime" that is often dead by 10 pm) than even silver tier matchups with just 3 servers back when the mode was healthy.

Then add that combat has just got worse and worse (the Scourge AIDS makes me look back with fondness at the "priateshipping" pre-HoT), the player quality is lower than ever (even by GW2/WvW low standards), not surprising given how the combat has deteriorated and you have international servers you'd swear were French.

Hence like a lot of other WvW players, I now spend most of my gaming time elsewhere, periodically checking into GW2 to see if things have got any better, which they haven't, maybe the alliances thing will improve things...

Archived