Barrier mechanic prevent crits or something?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:To be honest once he feared me threw my block i was shaken to my core and it messsed up my playing then i saw the thf and tried to bail and died what it freezes on doesnt matterThat was not the F4 fear that Curennos is talking about. The fear that pierced your block came from Reaper's Mark. (staff 5) The F4 fear came earlier in the fight and was largely useless as the necro did not capitalize on it.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:To be honest once he feared me threw my block i was shaken to my core and it messsed up my playing then i saw the thf and tried to bail and died what it freezes on doesnt matter

Whenever fighting any Necro, you need to watch for when they swap to staff. The only unblockable Fear in their kit is there (as Corrupt Boon and Well of Corruption aren't taken on the meta builds, thus no unblockable boon corruption). The animation is the Necro jabbing the staff forward and pulling it back quickly.

• 3 years later...
On 5/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Cal Cohen.3527 said:

This isn't a thing. I did see an issue when hitting a target with barrier where the red crit background is offset from the damage number which could cause some confusion, but crits are happening as expected. The combat log shows these crits correctly, and I've also confirmed that there's no hidden damage reduction by using a steady weapon internally.
https://i.imgur.com/0s26yQV.png

Any appearance of a damage reduction is likely just weapon variance being noticed over a small sample. I'll get the damage floater bug written up and assigned to someone for investigation.

Hi Cal, I was trying to recreate this combat log the other night with a friend, and for whatever reason I cannot generate the same crit damage number against barrier vs without barrier. Can you confirm this test from 2018 is still accurate? Because I still feel like crit damage feels weird against players with barrier, to me the numbers aren't adding up.