Help with Redeeming IG-6417

I have been trying to do this achievement for weeks but the maps you need to record the events on are dead. I can't find successful metas and I am spending all my in game time in lfg, waiting on dead maps, more lfg, more waiting, not getting anything done. It's boring and super annoying. I have quit the achieve a couple of times and come back to it. I am in a NA server Pacific Time zone, do any guilds or groups do the metas here any more? When would be a good day to look for an active map, I wasted my time last weekend looking for a Vabbi meta group. Any hints would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, I have found that with the Recording Device achievement, if you are not there at the START of the event you many not get the recording you are looking for. I have had this happen on a few of the events that are rather hard to find and hard to do, it is very annoying having to redo them. I am currently having to redo Grave Defiler Recording and Grave Defense Recording as I did not receive the recording after doing the events the first time. I think that with this achievement being so difficult anyways, the recording should be rewarded whether you initiate the event or not. Also, attended two more failed Serpent's Ire Meta events in the past few days. SUPER annoying.

Well the only needed meta that is difficult to find good squads for is Serpents Ire. All other can be soloed or done with 1-2 other people that is easy to find on the spot. For the Vabbi meta just keep an eye on LFG during weekends or join a TTS event as posted above. As for the rest the best way is traditional map camping. Just go to the wiki and make sure you know how the event spawns and just camp it until it spawns. And if it is an event that cannot be soled just open a mentor tag and call the map or your guild for a couple of people to help. In weekends or prime time you should get help immediately. That is how i finished it. No need to wait on LFG cause none is using it for these events. Most events needed have a cycle of about 10-15 minutes so camping it is not that bad.

As for the recording thing i never had an issue personally. I always got the recording even if was not at the start of the event. Just as long as i had participation in it. But it might just be a bug and i was lucky.

I was able to find a TTS group and got the recording for Serpent's Ire after another couple of fails with random groups. The second stage has a few tricks to it that make all the difference. The Grave defense (north of Kormir) recording still eludes me. I did it again and it failed with two of us attempting it and I realized that the first time I did it the actual event had failed and I finished the clearing event that follows a fail, which is useless for the recording.

I think i did this with 3 ppl and it was generally ok, but can be a bit tricky to do with 2. iirc I also tried to do this with two at its start and just before we were close to failing a 3 person came up and finished it fine.

Archived