Can we just enable 20 man raids for wing 1-4?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a nice mode for entry level training/exposure runs, especially since a volunteer trainer would have greater efficiency in terms of ratio.

And absolutely no rewards, to weed out most of those who are not serious. And it is good to remember that this is just up-to-20, not exactly 20, so you can practically start as and when.

Dont think 20 man raids would necessarily work, but Ive always believed that anything currently instanced would be fun to play if it were simultaneously available as open world areas (not replacing current content). This includes raids, dungeons, guild puzzles, etc. They have already proven it is possible to have instanced content on top of existing open world areas with guild challenges (Scratch Sentry Defense, Save our Supplies, etc).

In addition to dealing with any possible story or content accessibility problems, it would also open up a way to bring things like the Marionette in Lornar's Pass or the Breachmaker fight in Lion's Arch back into the game without disrupting everything that currently exists.

As always, not sure what the technical challenges for something like this might look like.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Well yeah. Obviously. I'm just trying to have them admit it.

Noone will admit it. People will go to any length, no matter how absurd it sounds, to keep backing up their own opinions, even when presented with solid arguments.

I know. Hilarious, isn't it?

Eh, I got Legendary Armor, I would even do this. No harm no foul for dev time by having 20 people instead of 10. At the very least the story people side would be happy. Slap in some achievements and a world boss similar reward and you have something similar to living world instances.

@Doctor.1384 said:I think this would be a great way for inexperianced people to learn raid mechanics. Even if they just die instantly they can still watch and figure out how it works.

Yeah, not sure how much dev time would be required to switch the squad to 20, alter rewards and possibly throw some achievements for completion.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:That would be the easy mode some people are asking for, but the easy mode people wouldn't accept it coz you said no rewards!

Also, needing 20 people for this would be the exact opposite of what was asked. More people = bigger difficulty getting the group (unless you also nerf the mechanics to the level where you can just accept anyone, but if you already do that, why bother increasing squad size?). So, you'd still have trouble getting a group, possibly more than before, and at the end you'd get no rewards.

Yes, i'm sure that it would be terribly popular [/sarcasm]

Might be interesting one time as an April Fools Day joke, though

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:It is hard enough to keep 9 pugs in line without someone leaving after 30 seconds because the group doesnt instantly fill

I feel you in this. Also If ur group fails once, some1 always leave and after the first leaver 3 others follows.

That'd be less of an issue though. Since the overall challenge level will be lower, the interested players would be more and the wait times - shorter.Since the rewards would be nil, i'm not so sure about interested players. People would visit it maybe once or twice at most.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:That would be the easy mode some people are asking for, but the easy mode people wouldn't accept it coz you said no rewards!

Also, needing 20 people for this would be the exact opposite of what was asked. More people = bigger difficulty getting the group (unless you also nerf the mechanics to the level where you can just accept anyone, but if you already do that, why bother increasing squad size?).

Not quite. HoT metas easily gather 50+ every time, and imagine their full-scale mechanics with a small group. The higher number works to lower the difficulty, and won't incur the overhead of lfg requirements.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Also, needing 20 people for this would be the exact opposite of what was asked. More people = bigger difficulty getting the group (unless you also nerf the mechanics to the level where you can just accept anyone, but if you already do that, why bother increasing squad size?). So, you'd still have trouble getting a group, possibly more than before, and at the end you'd get no rewards.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:It is hard enough to keep 9 pugs in line without someone leaving after 30 seconds because the group doesnt instantly fill

I feel you in this. Also If ur group fails once, some1 always leave and after the first leaver 3 others follows.

That'd be less of an issue though. Since the overall challenge level will be lower, the interested players would be more and the wait times - shorter.Since the rewards would be nil, i'm not so sure about interested players. People would visit it maybe once or twice at most.

Why not give a reasonable reward then?

@Tyson.5160 said:

If they want a reward then they can play it on normal.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

If there isn’t a reward, no one will play it, and it would be a waste of dev resources. If it provided unique rewards that not even normal mode offered then you would see people play it.

@Tyson.5160 said:

If there isn’t a reward, no one will play it, and it would be a waste of dev resources. If it provided unique rewards that not even normal mode offered then you would see people play it.

They’ll do it to experience the story or to train.

Archived