Possible solution for Chronomancer Boon Spam : PVP

Bountiful Disillusionment: PVP

I think the original version works for Core Mesmer pretty fairlyBut for Chronomancer it definitely needs adjusting. It's unending boon spam.Maybe for Mirage? due to windows of opportunity to attack being smaller than most classes. I don't play it so I don't know.

In this version of Bountiful D. (lol) The illusions receive boons on the USE of the shatter while the Mesmer only revives corresponding boons AFTER the use of the shatter but ONLY when it successfully HITS an enemy. I think all of the boons need to be counterbalanced with the thought of Aegis and stability access. Mesmer has pretty good (routine) access to these two boons. That being so...ALL other boons should be reduced in duration and occurrence considering Bountiful D.

What good does might on mindwrack use do if the shatter has already hit an enemy? It gives reason to take Mind Wrack as an Ammo skill in the illusions line that's what.

For the record I would be ok with a version that grants boons on shatter hit but each boon only lasting 1.5 second a piece. It would still obey the restriction that Mesmer ONLY receives a boon IF the shatter hits. It's just that you don't get 1 instance like the Signet of Inspiration you'd instead get 1 for each hit so x4 (potentially). They ought to play out more like condition application. More for the record...I think all professions should introduce this caveat. It makes blocks a bit more impactfull and can reduce skill spam in game by punishing the user for doing just that...

Bountiful Disillusionment:

You Gain stability when you use a Shatter skill. You and all allies Illusions you control gain boons based on which Shatter was used. You gain one instance of boons based on which shatter hits an enemy.

Mind Wrack Might (8s): 150 Power, 150 Condition DamageCry of Frustration Vigor (8s): 50% Endurance RegenerationDiversion Fury (10s): 20% Critical ChanceDistortion Regen (10s): 1,300 HealContinuum Split Resistance (2½s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.Radius: 240

Changed to:

Mind Wrack Might (4s): 150 Power, 150 Condition DamageCry of Frustration Vigor (4s): 50% Endurance RegenerationDiversion Fury (5s): 20% Critical ChanceDistortion Regen (5s): 1,300 HealContinuum Split Resistance (5s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.Stability (3s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.Radius: 240

Per shatter hit version:

Mind Wrack Might (1.5s): 150 Power, 150 Condition DamageCry of Frustration Vigor (1.5s): 50% Endurance RegenerationDiversion Fury (1.5s): 20% Critical ChanceDistortion Regen (1.5s): 1,300 HealContinuum Split Resistance (1.5s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.Stability (1.5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.Radius: 240

While i dont want to call this idea bad, I dont think that the boonspam of the current meta-chrono build is the main issue with it.With the phantasm rework for mesmer, phantasms reveived a buff dmg-wise since the basic principal was, that they d only hit once per cast.For whatever reason however, the balance team didnt take certain skill/trait interactions into consideration which resulted in the broken chrono build we now have.

Just for reference: Prior to the SotE nerf, chronos could get 4 consecutive blocks and a wooping 8 defenders just from just 1 skill and 4 phantasm casts/resummons from every other skill. And 4-8 attacks per phantasm, hits like a truck....even when running paladins amulet.

So personally I am fine with a strong defensive bunker build. Thats what they do after all. But when you are able to dish out THAT amount of dmg on top of it.....it becomes simply broken.

@"BikeIsGone.8675" said:While i dont want to call this idea bad, I dont think that the boonspam of the current meta-chrono build is the main issue with it.With the phantasm rework for mesmer, phantasms reveived a buff dmg-wise since the basic principal was, that they d only hit once per cast.For whatever reason however, the balance team didnt take certain skill/trait interactions into consideration which resulted in the broken chrono build we now have.

Just for reference: Prior to the SotE nerf, chronos could get 4 consecutive blocks and a wooping 8 defenders just from just 1 skill and 4 phantasm casts/resummons from every other skill. And 4-8 attacks per phantasm, hits like a truck....even when running paladins amulet.

So personally I am fine with a strong defensive bunker build. Thats what they do after all. But when you are able to dish out THAT amount of dmg on top of it.....it becomes simply broken.

I see it as the problem with it becasue it's stability and ages that makes it work. It allows the Mesmer to cast without hesitation or interruption which I understand is kind of the point however, there needs to be some not entirely a drawback but a caveat. You can cast un-interrupted BUT "__"

Truth be told I would actually like to see Stability for this trait reduced to 2 seconds with the boon application restriction. This gives incentive to take Time Catches Up in the Chronomancer line if you want more reliable Stability. And let's not kid ourselves...Chaos storm delivers pretty well on Aegis too. Mesmer is a very non procedural class and adding restrictions will definitely give it more method to it's madness...versus what we have now.

I don't think I want to see a reduction in raw power but I would like to see Chronomancer be forced to give up some of it's utility FOR that damage.That's why...I recognize that it's not a Mesmer Problem it's a Chronomancer problem. The utility that Chronomancer brought I will say i was not impressed with..in it's original form. We got a new ability but not really any new skills...I mean wells could have been a really creative venue for Mesmer.

I think Continuum shift's entire concepts should be fragmented and based on the Wells:While in the presence of a well The next (single individual) skill you use will have it's recharge rate instantly refreshed.Then introduce some other trait that allows for instant cast on your next skill use or dual casting phantasms of a third type (random).Or maybe even illusions crossing over wells gain distortion, or some set of boons . Regardless....point is...

I am trying to imagine a scene where Chronomancer doesn't get unilateral utility across all of its skills but at specific moments in combat. So all skills are eligible for this treatment but not all at once where Continuum Shift works across the entire board for any/everything in one instance. I understand this is not the point. I'm not making a suggestion but just trying to illustrate why I see it as problematic from a utility/mechanic aspect. It's not Mesmer, It's not entirely Chronomancer but I am 100% sure it's a symptom of Continuum Shift.

I am saying that there needs to be some sort of condition/restriction Chronomancers should be checked by...again...so they don't get this non-consequential casting.Even if C.S. only allowed skills that have been used to be reused when you shift. So when you use CS the skills that were on Cool Down now become available but the skills that were ready to use now are unavailable. Something, I don't really care too much but I definitely do not want to see Mesmer or either of it's Specs pushed back or possibly even further into the condition realm.

Coming back I think the build works because it is gifted lots and lots of Utility obviously extended by Continuum Shift and it's protected by routine aegis, stability and various skills that can be cast multiple times. I don't want them to break Mersmers Specs at the knees however it needs at this point for both Chronomancer and Mirage some sort of checks and balances system.

Remove the phantasm respawn trait or better yet rework it to

A: Phantasms respawn only if their first attack hits.Or better yetB: Phantasms respawn and deal bonus damage if struck target was suffering from x condi. (Varies between phantasm)

There, chrono gets interesting gm trait which requires skill to use AND can be countered through skillful play.

Knowing anet they'll just drop a flat dmg reduction on phantasms which will just mandate usage of the gm because other power builds will become non viable.

@Ryan.9387 said:Remove the phantasm respawn trait or better yet rework it to

A: Phantasms respawn only if their first attack hits.Or better yetB: Phantasms respawn and deal bonus damage if struck target was suffering from x condi. (Varies between phantasm)

There, chrono gets interesting gm trait which requires skill to use AND can be countered through skillful play.

Knowing anet they'll just drop a flat dmg reduction on phantasms which will just mandate usage of the gm because other power builds will become non viable.

It's too F'ing funny to read this and then literally a day later that's what they do.Yeah I don't want Mes and it's 3 flavors to all be running Condi builds again. We've been here before.

i think A combined with some individual skill damage nerf in pvp would do just fine .

B doesn't really make sense since phantasm builds are usually power .

• 2 weeks later...

TFW some mesmer mains have been crying for CP to be changed since HoT dropped because it made balancing phantasms impossible. And here we are 3 years later with everyone else realizing that fact, yet Anet refuses to actually change the trait.

Archived