Precision Blade achi, LW S3 E6

Any tips for doing it as chronomancer ? All I can find is cheesing advices like "avoid them while running in stealth while Anise is killing them" but that's not very satisfying now is it. I get the 3rd wave without much of a problem, but the 4th one's damage is pretty insane for me and gets me down in half a second once all my CDs are up. Tried running for my life but that doesn't make much of a difference as 3-4 guys will be coming after me and getting me down, in an entire second this time.

You may be confusing precision blade (kill 50 enemies) with hold the line (survive 5 minutes).For precision blade it's best to bring as much aoe dps as you can, food and utilities can help, and kill the enemies as fast as possible. As long as shadow is around stay close to her as she does quite a lot of damage too and can tank some of the enemies.I am not familiar enough with chrono skills to give any advise on those but i'm sure someone else can help you with that.

For hold the line, I just cheesed it indeed, stood in the back for 5 minutes, no problem at all. But this precision blade is... wow. All my spells are not nearly enough to survive the wave, all the allies fall in no time, and I'm quick to follow. I'm able to survive it for maybe 10 seconds, my record is 33 kills... 17 away from the big 50. Tried changing my spells, but nothing seems to do it. My clones are either completly ignored or killed in a quarter of a second too.

I'm giving up... I just don't see how I can do it and I don't want to ask people to come help. I just don't see how I can do this achi, even when I get to the 4th wave in 2 minutes, I get nowhere near 50 kills and they absolutely and utterly destroy everyone in the room in a few seconds. Seems like a no-fun cheesefest achievement, not gonna bother any longer.TY for the inputs though, I tried !

It is, as far as i can tell, it is aimed at groups since the damage goes through the roof after the second wave. Ive tried cheesing it in all sorts of ways, but even on tanky or full dps, they come for me and thump me in seconds no matter the class

@Randulf.7614 said:It is, as far as i can tell, it is aimed at groups since the damage goes through the roof after the second wave. Ive tried cheesing it in all sorts of ways, but even on tanky or full dps, they come for me and thump me in seconds no matter the class

Except at least initially only the instance owner got credit. A group would have to do it 5 times for everyone to get credit.

Can't remember how I did it.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It is, as far as i can tell, it is aimed at groups since the damage goes through the roof after the second wave. Ive tried cheesing it in all sorts of ways, but even on tanky or full dps, they come for me and thump me in seconds no matter the class

Except at least initially only the instance owner got credit. A group would have to do it 5 times for everyone to get credit.

Can't remember how I did it.

Ah that sucks.

I did try it again since I got back to the mission for other achievements I missed. I made it to 40 this time with Feedback (reflects projectiles) and lots of AoE, but eventually died and didn't try again as I decided I just wouldn't care about this achievement anymore :p Same goes for the Fearful achievement of the same instance, I'm a support mesmer and I need to do condi damage on this Self-doubt ghost to get it. Right... BRB getting a condi gear for that. Great job on the achievements in this instance, my god... >.>Thanks for the inputs guys ! I just gave up on this. It's a shame because it really bothers a long time gamer to do this, but I stopped trying.

@Randulf.7614 said:It is, as far as i can tell, it is aimed at groups since the damage goes through the roof after the second wave.

It's based on a timer. As a zerker elementalist, I remember getting the 50 kills just as they began to scale up, then the other achievement is as simple as avoiding the next wave by staying on the opposite side.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It is, as far as i can tell, it is aimed at groups since the damage goes through the roof after the second wave.

It's based on a timer. As a zerker elementalist, I remember getting the 50 kills just as they began to scale up, then the other achievement is as simple as avoiding the next wave by staying on the opposite side.

I'll give it a second bash on my higher dps toons. Always found I couldn't kill enough before the scaling up happened, but if it can be done with pure dps, maybe I stand a chance

I remember this one. Yeah I let Anise kill the last 10 of them.My goal was to get to 40 kills before the timer hit 0.
I then ran and hid far away from Anise while she killed them.Anise was on the east side of the map, I was on the west and I just waited.

The class I used was a reaper, for major AOE DPS.

Archived