Missing deposited material in the storage

I was farming some ore and wood today and when I had enough material, I casually clicked to deposit all the materials. It dissapeared - but then I switched my characters to sell all the materials in Lion's Arch from the storage, and all I did see was just a few pieces of it (for instance: I mined 50+ copper, but there is only 3 of them in the storage now, same for other ones - just the materials I had in storage before today's farming). I switched back to the character I was farming with, but there are none of the farmed materials in his inventory, not in any bag. To make sure, I also checked the list of sold materials at vendor and at Black Lion trade - nothing. All that is left after my materials is just trash dandelion and the rest of used farming tools.Did this happen to anyone else too? Anybody has an idea what I did wrong, or is it really a bug?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Are you sure that the copper didn't go into an invisible bag? If it did, you couldn't sell it and it wouldn't move to storage via "deposit all."

It was in the starter backpack (but I still checked my invisible bags a few times to be sure of it).

In that case, I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your current inventory, going back out to farm some copper, and then deposit all; see what happens.

Off hand, I don't have a good explanation of what happened. I just think there's almost no chance that there's a bug like this in the live game. If there were, lots of people would notice and report it. It would also be a major failure of one of the few mechanics in GW2 that has never had any trouble before.

Thanks for your advice - I tried it just now, however it just added the newest ore (compared to the screenshots).I have no idea of what happened either - I never had a problem like this and like you said, it just seems really unlikely. Maybe there was some failure on my side, even though I don't know what it could be. (Maybe I'm blind and I overlook something, or maybe my storage got just wrongly "updated" thanks to bad connection?)

Update: I took the same trace while farming and I realized my mistake: I probably really overlooked it. Today I looked into my storage again and saw the same weird thing, but only with copper and I thought that maybe I just mistaken my materials (I was thinking that I mined 50+ copper, but in reality I mined 50+ different ore and only 3 copper, and just switched numbers of some materials). Conclusion: My farming mesmer gave me an illusion of copper. I was blind (a thousand times while checking it), sorry. (Still glad that there is not a horrible bug like this and I know what was wrong now!)

Archived