How does time gated recipes work with different crafting disciplines and different characters?

1. If I craft "Carbonized Mithrillium Ingot" with tailoring will I be able to craft it with different crafting disciplines too in the same day with the same character?

2. If I craft "Carbonized Mithrillium Ingot" with tailoring with one character, will I be able to craft it with tailoring in the same day with a different character on the same account?

@"Annihilator.2617" said:

1. If I craft "Carbonized Mithrillium Ingot" with tailoring will I be able to craft it with different crafting disciplines too in the same day with the same character?

2. If I craft "Carbonized Mithrillium Ingot" with tailoring with one character, will I be able to craft it with tailoring in the same day with a different character on the same account?

No & No. Time gate is account bound.

@"Biff.5312" said:The above is why if you anticipate the need for multiple mats that are time-gated, start making them before you need them so you have a stockpile.

TBH, you should do that anyway, because there is a big price premium to buy them compared to the inputs: you will make a reasonable amount of gold simply by purchasing materials at the "buy" price, crafting dailies, and selling the output, should you wish to have gold rather than crafting.

One of the highest return on time invested choices in the game. (Though, of course, if you end up buying them back later... ouchy.)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:Further note: the time gate is account bound for the item produced, not the method of production, and that's the same for ALL of the time gated items, as far as I know.

Yes, by design. :)

For sure. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it is the item that is time-gated, not "craft it by Tailoring".

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:Further note: the time gate is account bound for the item produced, not the method of production, and that's the same for ALL of the time gated items, as far as I know.

Yes, by design. :)

For sure. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it is the
item
that is time-gated, not "craft it by Tailoring".

Yes: regardless of what profession or method you use to craft a time-gated item, they all share a single cooldown. That cooldown is account-tied. So, one item per day per account.

Archived