Griefing - A returning player is leaving again

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:The game isnt the same game it used to be 5 years ago, and that is a bad thing, now?

to those , who liked the the game , they bought, and paid for..yes

This makes little sense. The game is evolving. We all bought the game, cant expect it to be the same after 5 years cause it gets boring. Yes, boring.
  1. Low level maps are just that: low level maps. Unless you farm some event or low level materials, its natural for them to be lower populated. Higher rewards in higher level maps.
  2. Eotm was meant as a lobby for queued wvw players. It was a braindead pve farmfest which took people from actual WvW. Today, it is what it was meant to be:a lobby.
  3. Dungeons are dead, reward-wise theyre OK though, with the difficulty they offer. PoF specs and HoT specs made them way easier, so easy that many bosses cant even use all their abilities due to dying too fast.
  4. Fractals arent being abandoned. Dunno why OP thinks that.
  5. Raids arent generic content. They offer a challenge, its endgame content for PoF and HoT. He/she doesnt like it? All good and well. Plenty of content in LS3, LS4, LS2, HoT maps, PoF maps, you name it.
  6. Graphics could indeed be better

Picking up where you left off in a MMORPG, after 5 years, is impossible.

DEVOLVING..if it was EVOLVING , then it would have MORE players

I highly doubt there's more than 1 or 2 MMO's out there that ever gain players as they grow older...almost all of them lose players the older they get, that's just the nature of things.

yep, but it CAN be done, so do you want this game to be the best, or just another standard mmo?

Whether an MMO gains or loses players over time has nothing to do with it being the best, it's always going to be a matter of personal taste if players want to join, continue or stop playing any particular MMO.

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:The game isnt the same game it used to be 5 years ago, and that is a bad thing, now?

This makes little sense. The game is evolving. We all bought the game, cant expect it to be the same after 5 years cause it gets boring. Yes, boring.
  1. Low level maps are just that: low level maps. Unless you farm some event or low level materials, its natural for them to be lower populated. Higher rewards in higher level maps.
  2. Eotm was meant as a lobby for queued wvw players. It was a braindead pve farmfest which took people from actual WvW. Today, it is what it was meant to be:a lobby.
  3. Dungeons are dead, reward-wise theyre OK though, with the difficulty they offer. PoF specs and HoT specs made them way easier, so easy that many bosses cant even use all their abilities due to dying too fast.
  5. Raids arent generic content. They offer a challenge, its endgame content for PoF and HoT. He/she doesnt like it? All good and well. Plenty of content in LS3, LS4, LS2, HoT maps, PoF maps, you name it.

The game is doing extremely well, just because outdated content isn't played doesn't mean that represents all maps and modes. The only issue in terms of playerbase would be in PvP high ranks because winning 3 and losing 19 points sure is fun thanks to how few people there are

@battledrone.8315 said:

I doubt any new mmorpg can surviev nowdays the genre lost most of its apeal

@Bwinks.2017 said:

1) Stop expanding the maps with each patch! Please! Currently most low level maps have a lack of players as it is. They need more reason for end-gamers to revisit and party with new gw2 players. Currently the incentive to buy HOT and POF is already there, and finding a map with players shouldn't be one of them.

What? Are you serious?

6) Graphics... While my main guild apparently is full of players playing on low end pc's (and cpu's)... I believe GW2 should consider a full graphics update. EVE online performed this during one of their largest expansions and they didn't loose any players or new players; how? By allowing their client to be run on either new or old gpu/cpu specs. Seriously genius and proven effective. Please please implement or at least publicly consider!

WHAT?

I disagree with most points. You are talking bout grieving, but the way How you treat people who like different kind of content is actually grievious. GW2 tries to make many people happy and take everyone serious. The way you talk about people who played eve or WoW is not in line with that.

This also means there will also be content added that doesnt make you happy. The trick is to be happy for those who are made happy.

Im an older player and am actually frightenend How younger people want to be 250% pampered.Dont be jealous on other people enjoying the game in a different way.

There is one thing that makes me worry (although I Totally disagree this is an issue yet). But adding content every few months can get the game to grow out of size pretty soon.

I would recommend solving this with festival maps like labyrinthine cliffs. One of the reasons it is so popular is cause it is not always available (and might never come back). Same goes with SAB.

"Currently most low level maps have a lack of players" - This is not true. I recently leveled my Guardian to 80 and low-mid lvl maps had plenty of people (EU servers).

EotM actually got fixed and people finally don't farm it for ranks anymore, it doesn't need a rework. It's a temporary place for people in queue.

"Waiting for hours or days to find a party to run a dungeon" - DAYS? Really? I smell bs. I often help newbies with story mode and whenever I write "all welcome" on LFG, the party gets full in a couple of minutes (EU).

GW2 graphics are still nice, especially with ReShade, no need for an upgrade.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

I highly doubt there's more than 1 or 2 MMO's out there that ever gain players as they grow older...almost all of them lose players the older they get, that's just the nature of things.

You will be hard pushed to find even 1 that fits that ideal... the older an MMO gets the more competition there is around it so its only logical that populations drop off to at best some plateau of stability for a whiles.I seem to remember reading somewhere that the major feast for any online game is the first 3 months, after that the famine begins to take grip.Best any game can do/hope for is to sustain as many as possible for as long as possible and along the way generate some spikes with updates, expacs and lots of luck... some just happen to be able to sustain that populus a little better than others, but even the big ones like WoW can't escape that decline.For me though it's all about what I get from the game, even though numbers decline. I just ask myself - am I still having fun, is it still worth my time, is it still trying to expand and evolve or is it merely now a case of maintenance mode to reap as much in as possible before the lights go out... to those questions the simple answer is - - I am still here!

@Bwinks.2017 said:

1) Stop expanding the maps with each patch! Please! Currently most low level maps have a lack of players as it is. They need more reason for end-gamers to revisit and party with new gw2 players. Currently the incentive to buy HOT and POF is already there, and finding a map with players shouldn't be one of them.

I just hit my 3-month anniversary in GW2. I've leveled up 2 characters via open world / personal story, and a third character is about to hit LV70 the same way.

At no time or any point did I feel I was alone in the smaller zones. There were always players - and not just players, but LV80 players on their mounts - running around farming (Iron) ore, grabbing vistas etc. I didn't know then why I saw so many (now that I'm crafting ascended gear, it makes sense.

Not sure why the OP feels this is an issue.

@Bwinks.2017 said:3) Almost all the dungeons are forgotten these days. Waiting for hours or days to find a party to run a dungeon makes the dungeon even more impossible to experience if you are a new player, ESPECIALLY if the player needs to run the story line ark.Why not had daily dungeon crawls? Rotate between each dungeon from one day to the next. The gold rewards from these dailies would offset the punitive silver rewards that are provided these days. The basic rewards have been significantly lowered; the armor is no longer high-end...... but the story lines are still amazing and relevant to the main story line. Plus the art is amazing!!!The dungeons weren't designed to be solo'd, so a fix for new players should be a focal point..

The problem with Dungeons is that they take longer to complete than fractals, and the rewards you can earn from them don't have the same variety of available stats. So if a person had to choose one or the other, obviously they will work on fractals.

My guild does dungeons all the time - I even got an ascended armor box from a run about a month ago. So while the game mode is ignored by the LFG scene, if you hook up with the right guild, you'll be clearing dungeons in no time.

@Bwinks.2017 said:6) Graphics... While my main guild apparently is full of players playing on low end pc's (and cpu's)... I believe GW2 should consider a full graphics update. EVE online performed this during one of their largest expansions and they didn't loose any players or new players; how? By allowing their client to be run on either new or old gpu/cpu specs. Seriously genius and proven effective. Please please implement or at least publicly consider!

The GW2 engine (basically modified GW1 engine) does have its issues, and ANET has repeatedly stated it would be a huge endeavor to fix. I wish it ran better than it did, but I've made peace with the fact that in some parts of the game, 10 FPS is about all I will get.

Archived