dmg pet for pvp

weaponwh.9810

Well, Wolf, Smokescale, Some drakes, Moas, most dogs, Rockdeer, all these are good pets to use in PvP, but usually you'll not use the pet to enhance your damage (unless you merge with it as a soulbeast), but more for it's utility (CCs mostly).Pets are too easy to deal with for other players to be used reliably as a damage source.

If you're looking purely for damage from a pet, you open it up to most of them. The cats and drakes are good. You need to plan your build around using the pet for damage, through CC or buffs and what not. We've had some posters reach the highest levels in PvP working with their pet like that.

If you don't have a specific plan in mind, you should make the decision based on the F2.

i was asking in different topic - but nobody answer - maybe here ...

"which pets are BEST in use vs --------------- fast moving pvp targets with swiftness?i like a conception pet as a damage dealer but more what i read about pets makes me sceptical, but maybe not?i am interested with "overall" damage including pet autoattack, skills and f2.how much % of our damage can do "best" our pvp pet in fight?"

@"KubusPuchatek.7461" said:i was asking in different topic - but nobody answer - maybe here ...

"which pets are BEST in use vs --------------- fast moving pvp targets with swiftness?i like a conception pet as a damage dealer but more what i read about pets makes me sceptical, but maybe not?i am interested with "overall" damage including pet autoattack, skills and f2.how much % of our damage can do "best" our pvp pet in fight?"

The problem with pets is that they can't move and attack at the same time. So against a quick moving opponent -- i.e. everyone -- you have two options. Use the pet for the F2, or plan your build around the pet. Daze with GS5 timed with a buffed tail swipe from a drake kind of stuff.

Some of the pets have semi-special attacks that will hit moving targets. The smokescale has UA as a band-aid fix for the unacceptable pet AI that they've said basically can't be fixed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15CwjTX_ml0dekSsl6AmrY1JAZV1IQwRRrXBdUPPgPYc/edit#gid=1857759256

there is information about pet DPS including mobile dps with post path of fire

but one player told that his cat in few minutes of pvp hit enemy ONE time

now i dont know what is truth

and YES Fluffy i plan my build around a pet, but to be truth i play now only pve but with all boosts and bonuses my cat has nearly lighting speed.

if pets are useless for damage in pvp and are used only for utility/cc we must have a clear answer

Pets aren't useless for damage. You can 1-shot other players if they are inexperienced with pets, distracted, CCed, and so on. On the other hand, it's not particularly hard to avoid pet autoattacks via kiting.

There is no clear answer. Just go play some PvP and practicing getting your pet to land attacks using things like pet swaps, quickness, CC, etc. There are a ton of factors on both sides of the fight. You could down a new player with nothing but pet autoattacks, or a top 10 ranked mesmer might literally never be touched by a single pet attack.

Archived