Why the hate towards Condi S/D?

Axl.8924

Just curious.Its not like it doesn't have weaknesses.If you use for an example lots of cc and dmg and group focus on that thief he will die, and he sacrifices his stealth.

Sure its very strong in team fights due to having the ability to teleport in attack teleport out, but rangers can kill them.

People don't like things that they do not know how to fight, or how they function on top of most players hate Condi Builds in general.

It has multiple ways to fight and counter.

The main attack IS/IR provides counterplay, IS leaves a mark on the ground showing the whole world where the Thief will teleport back to, the Thief has a icon on their bar showing how long the IR will last, players can kite to the IR location and limit the Thief's kiting /disengage ability since it's only 1200 range.

Then there are the cleanses and other damage mitigation skills available before Condis are applied.

Edited the range to correct value.

The build is not OP. While it can be easier to play, I see no reason to "hate the build" just because that the case any more than I can hate a profession that is easier to play. Some people prefer the fact it easier to play. There nothing wrong with it.

S/d power has the same in and out ports and is as frustrating to play against as is s/d condition. S/d power is much more effective. That "ease of play" is more condition hate then anything. I tried s/d condition for a spell and much like d/d condition it just not my preference so moved on. People have a choice to play it if they wish and choices can never be bad for a game. S/d power on a thief will just wreck this build with little real risk when doing so. You can peel off those conditions with ease in an Acro s/d power build making the condition build ineffective.

I am having this strange feeling like:Love? something of the like.Its unbelievable but i am having so much fun on thief running around even if i don't understand how to play.I just want to have fun on thief and learn the class.If you see me and want to help me learn how to play pvp or wanna give advice, axl or zex vokar.I might be on my other characters.By the way:I appreciate any advice given.

@Axl.8924 said:I am having this strange feeling like:Love? something of the like.Its unbelievable but i am having so much fun on thief running around even if i don't understand how to play.I just want to have fun on thief and learn the class.If you see me and want to help me learn how to play pvp or wanna give advice, axl or zex vokar.I might be on my other characters.By the way:I appreciate any advice given.

If you're NA ill PM you if I see you on and run you through some stuff in pvp.

Because most ppl in PvP in the lower tier will not change their build around anything...I main mes and depending on the classes on the enemy team I will change some of my skills/traits in case if the I think the enemy will have alot of Condi or not. Also even though I main Mesmer and use Mesmers 90% of the time I do watch videos on other classes and do research or them and try out their meta builds here and there just so I myself can get a feel and understand how the class work and how to manage against them....most people will rather complain then do that.

Archived