Jump to content
  • Sign Up

What to report under “match manipulation”?


Recommended Posts

Please don't report for reasons that fall into your example:I think the idea for match manipulation is to flag account(s) that go Afk, or behave in a manner that is detrimental for a team (for instance, going to point and then standing there without any skill utilisation)Match manipulation is probably the hardest thing for moderators to check out from the tickets, we as players have the responsibility to lessen the burden of time-intensive tickets/reports that is hard to process for Anet.(reporting flamer(s) for insults is, for an example, report that's easy to process: check chat log, done. Match Manipulation? Moderator has to comb over a ton of data )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I report for a player when they swtich to 2 necros or 2 mesmers or really switches to 2 of any class....if i remeber correctly the devs have stated that they do not want there to be 2 of anyclass and there match maker tries to prevent it but fails 1/2 the time because of just to many people playing one class........if im wong let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I report for a player when they swtich to 2 necros or 2 mesmers or really switches to 2 of any class....if i remeber correctly the devs have stated that they do not want there to be 2 of anyclass and there match maker tries to prevent it but fails 1/2 the time because of just to many people playing one class........if im wong let me know.

The devs stated that their intention was to avoid matching a team with 2 or more of the same class. - i.e. their matchmaking system attemps to create teams without duplicate proffesions.Following a vote(of some sort) by the community a while back, class switching pre-match has remained an option and stacking a class is completely legal by their rules. Sure some people may choose to use this to their advantage but it's not considered manipulation per say as far as I'm aware.

This is 100% not a reportable action and should not be considered in any way as cheating.It's occasions like this which further support the idea that we really need a reporting system with a description text box and possibly feedback from the report analysis team(of there is one).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:I quite don’t understand the report function match manipulation? What falls into this category? I—for example—report everyone, who doesn’t play PvP like intended, clearly sabotating the outcome.

With all due respect, it's rampant, rage-fueled report spamming like this which leads to practically none of the reports being taken seriously and really explains what kind of a task devs face when they have a mountain of senseless data where some players have chosen to smash that button for anybody and everybody they judge to be underperforming."like intended" is so vague. How well do you know how PvP is intended to be played? There is not set strategy which is identical in every game and if anyone were to deviate from it, they would be wrong. Also if you're going down this path, in PvP you should not intend to be downed, does this mean that anyone who is beated at any point is sabotaging the outcome? People make mistakes or are occasionally bested by other players - deal with it, somehow I don't think there are any players who run their matches without errors.Obviously if you see blatant cheating or rule-breaking like afking, matchfixing etc - feel free to report it. However given the sheer mass of reports submitted because players are angry or think others have made stupid errors and are not worthy of the arena, I wouldn't hold your breath to see the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I report for a player when they swtich to 2 necros or 2 mesmers or really switches to 2 of any class....if i remeber correctly the devs have stated that they do not want there to be 2 of anyclass and there match maker tries to prevent it but fails 1/2 the time because of just to many people playing one class........if im wong let me know.

The devs stated that their intention was to avoid
matching
a team with 2 or more of the same class. - i.e.
their matchmaking system
attemps to create teams without duplicate proffesions.Following a vote(of some sort) by the community a while back, class switching pre-match has remained an option and stacking a class is completely legal by their rules. Sure some people may choose to use this to their advantage but it's not considered manipulation per say as far as I'm aware.

This is 100% not a reportable action and should not be considered in any way as cheating.It's occasions like this which further support the idea that we really need a reporting system with a description text box and possibly feedback from the report analysis team(of there is one).

I see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:I quite don’t understand the report function match manipulation? What falls into this category? I—for example—report everyone, who doesn’t play PvP like intended, clearly sabotating the outcome.

Yes. You should report anyone you think is deliberately manipulating the result in order to achieve some outcome other than "winning" under this category.

If you have selected the incorrect category, the human beings at ANet, who are smart people, will be able to take the appropriate action anyhow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...