instead of alliance system..

reddie.5861

why cant i just choose every friday for which server i wanna fight?like this week i kinda dont even wanna WvW, EU t1 is just so fucking boring these 2 servers gandara/drakkar lake are not there to fight all they want is PPT they will camp their shitty tower all night if needed but wont come out to fight unless they are obviously out numbering you to the point that winning is impossible.

(yes for ones on this server i know not every single one of u is like that).So instead of crappy alliance servers or w/e i prefer to be able to choose every week which server i want cus i really dont wanna face spanish/german servers neither i wanna face gandara they dont give me the joy im looking for in WvW.. maybe other people enjoy capping stuff and fighting hard for a crappy tower they can switch that week to my server and enjoy these dumb siege fights and hunger for ppt while i can go out and enjoy some good fights somewhere else..

i dont really wanna pay for transfers as my server is fine the way its, i just dont wanna face certain servers and as i notice im not even the only one on FSP thinking like this people where already saying yesterday less then a hour into reset to please lose this match up badly so we can face some servers that do wanna have fun (our way fun not the ppt way)

prefer to fight vabbi and get wrecked pretty much every fight, but atleast they wait for you to regroup and fight again without them running all over the map putting 200 arrow carts in a tower and scout it all day to call their blob to deffend a tower meanwhile the blob doesnt wanna fight also so they just bunker up more so u have to fight under 20 arrow carts + blob.

Because WvW isnt about you.

If everyone could "choose" who they fight then the entire system and concept of 3 sides fighting each other would break down. You dont get to choose who to fight in a war. It doesnt matter if its GW2 weekly matchups or any other game that pit fighting sides against each other, it's all the same. You're not going to see a match in Overwatch where the enemy Mercy get kicked because you dont want to fight that class.

The point of the alliance system is choosing who to fight with and next to, without transfer fees or static server populations. Your "idea" is neither a replacement to this or anything worth considering.

Well if you want to win then you ppt, if you don't then you lose and go down be in a different tier that most likely has less ppting. win win for everyone.

Also if everyone got a choice to play wherever they wanted on friday, it would completely and utterly break wvw because stacking would happen so much it would be even worse than you're seeing in your tier right now.

and what is the best server for people?

cus best server in general is server whos going around capping shit all day long?in EU terms that would be either Gandara or maybe baruch bay or drakkar lake?

Baruch bay ports away from any borderland if they struggle to ppt somewhere else.drakkar lake prefers to let half their karma train die so they can all run out of combat to teleport spawn.Gandara fights ones in a blue moon when they have the blob for it, else same shit.

farshiverpeaks is a pretty crippled server nowadays shouldnt even be able to fight T1 servers yet the K/D is positive and for some reason better then other 2 servers.

i want to choose because i dont give a rats ass about winning, i just wanna fight people like vabbi.WvW is like sPvP for me without limits of small map without capping nodes.if sPvP would be just some kind of Teamdeath match on WvW map id be gone for ever from WvW, many people would follow the same path as me thus why i wonder why make crappy alliance server/system where all ppt whores just going together and all fighting whores are going together making the rest of servers pretty damn useless.

alliance system will not work not today not tomorrow not in 2 years, its just gonna make it even easier to stack all people on1 server.i mean whats guild cap? 300 members? whats alliance cap? 2 or 3? the fuck who cares actually 300 members u got pretty much ur whole server in WvW atleast the ones that matter and u can enjoy ur system now talk to another server where u got some buddies u make ally u got 600 proper people on 1 server jup this system will rock.

@reddie.5861 said:why cant i just choose every friday for which server i wanna fight?

Because players will group into the single most successful server, ignoring all others, as much as possible. If something prevents them clumping to only one server, they will clump to the absolute minimum number of servers possible, given that limitation.

So, the short answer is: because players do not want a fight, they want a victory.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:why cant i just choose every friday for which server i wanna fight?

Because players will group into the single most successful server, ignoring all others, as much as possible. If something prevents them clumping to only one server, they will clump to the absolute minimum number of servers possible, given that limitation.

So, the short answer is: because players do not want a fight, they want a victory.

SlipperyCheeze...I agree...players just want an easy victory by Clumping.

Reddie...let me remove just one word from your sentence...because I think I understand what you want.

"why cant i just choose every friday FOR which server i wanna fight?"

Players should formally pick one server to fight FOR, but they should be allowed to pick any server to fight against.

There's a big difference in meaning.

Anyway...let players clump to one server, but set Weekly Limits on How Many & Which Servers that they're allowed to fight against.

It's OK for players to create the Most Clumped Up Server (i.e. BG), however, we should implement a Match-Up system that would allow Players from All other Servers to be able to attack this Most Clumped Up Server.

While we're at it...

Reward players that attack a Higher Ranked Server in relation to their Home Server's Rank.ANDPunish players (give less or no reward) that attack a Lower Ranked Server in relation to their Home Server's Rank.

To make this long-story into a short-story...

This Match-Up system can actually be implemented using

Players on the Most Clumped Up Server can then have fun Defending & dealing with Map queues that result from being the # 1 Ranked Server that everybody WANTS to fight & get better Rewards for attacking them...while they get the Honor of Being # 1.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:why cant i just choose every friday for which server i wanna fight?

^ this is pretty much it.Regardless of whether folks are in the PPT crowd or the KDR crowd, people will just flock to whatever makes them guarantee a win in the mode of their choice.

I feel like they should just remove 2 of the 4 maps. On the first of the two remaining maps they just put enemy npcs in a field and then give kdr folks loot and rank for farming them with superior numbers. The second map should just be keeps/towers/camps that flip every 10 minutes regardless so the ktrain can just run in a circle with no pause for "combat".

Cause, given a choice, this is what people keep turning wvw into.

The reason they can't let you just pick what server/matchup/tier to play in:

• You and several others get tired of the playstyle/ppt/siege-hump etc, so you move to Tier X that has fights.
  • Friends, guildmates, and other people that like you guys and your playstyle follows, same or next week.
  • The people remaining find that activity is down, lack scouts/roamers/fighters that can deal with other people. So they feel their match is dead, and transfer to where they hear there is action (You guessed it, Tier X where you are)
  • Now almost everyone is in Tier X, and you got the same problem again, and have to move servers again. Start at top.

Archived