Either fix your servers or give us checkpoints *Personal Story*

I was doing the story on another character because i want to complete the other two raise the banner collections, and once I got into the spider cave in the prologue sparking the flame the network just gave up and kicked me out so i have to do the whole thing over.

Its bad enough that you decided to pad out the dialogue and make it so we can't even skip it.

@LezardValeth.9453 said:I was doing the story on another character because i want to complete the other two raise the banner collections, and once I got into the spider cave in the prologue sparking the flame the network just gave up and kicked me out so i have to do the whole thing over.

Its bad enough that you decided to pad out the dialogue and make it so we can't even skip it.

It's not their servers, for one they use AWS(Amazon Web Services), for two it is almost entirely because of packet loss somewhere along the route from the server to you...do a traceroute, that should show you the problem.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@LezardValeth.9453 said:I was doing the story on another character because i want to complete the other two raise the banner collections, and once I got into the spider cave in the prologue sparking the flame the network just gave up and kicked me out so i have to do the whole thing over.

It's not their servers, for one they use AWS(Amazon Web Services), for two it is almost entirely because of packet loss somewhere along the route from the server to you...do a traceroute, that should show you the problem.

Every time I do a traceroute, packets galore are lost from the Anet servers.

Most of the time the traceroute won't even finish.

All other traceroutes finish. All.

Don't ask if I have reported it, I have. Didn't matter.

*Facts. : (

Others have correctly identified the next steps to figuring out what is going on here, and you should most certainly listen to them.

ANet responded to community feedback and made the changes to the current dialog format. While you may not enjoy it, this was done in response to explicit and repeated popular demand among players of the game. The ... implied cause, shall we politely say, in your comment is not accurate.

• ArenaNet Staff

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Others have correctly identified the next steps to figuring out what is going on here, and you should most certainly listen to them.

ANet responded to community feedback and made the changes to the current dialog format. While you may not enjoy it, this was done in response to explicit and repeated popular demand among players of the game. The ... implied cause, shall we politely say, in your comment is not accurate.

Thanks for a helpful post.

Archived