Where is zojja?

Amaranthe.3578

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:Anet's silence and inaction on resolving this isn't exactly promising. :\

Anet learned the hard way to tell players about things that are finished, when they are finished. Their silence is the result of past pain, and indicates nothing.

Extreme radio silence is just as bad as telling all. The fact they go from one extreme to the other will continue to bite them in the behind until they can find a suitable middle(ish) ground response.

Maybe her injuries were a bit worse than Logan's and she needed longer to recover. To that point she might already be recovered but didn't join any guild because she's just too tired to do this any longer. That's my speculation. I think she's fine. Zojja's just doing other things now like teaching progenies in Rata Sum.

@"Cynder.2509" said:Maybe her injuries were a bit worse than Logan's and she needed longer to recover. To that point she might already be recovered but didn't join any guild because she's just too tired to do this any longer. That's my speculation. I think she's fine. Zojja's just doing other things now like teaching progenies in Rata Sum.

I definitely agree that her injuries were a bit worse. My issue with how this entire thing is handled is that all we have IS speculation, especially considering all they left us with in LWS3 Ep 1 is hearsay which just muddies up things more. Maybe it's just me (I'm betting it's just me) but I see story/plot arcs as having a beginning, middle, and end and Zojja's unknown condition falls into the middle portion. There's no in-game end, resolution, or conclusion to what's going on and speculation is all we can do until the PC actually sees her. She could be teaching progeny, she could be living the high life and partying down, or heck, she could be plotting revenge against Dragon's Watch for abandoning her (while I'd love to see this happen I know it won't). We won't know though because Anet won't say or do anything to give us any kind of update, any solid answer. It's just really bothersome and it seems/feels unceremonious/rude to just leave her in that middle state. It feels more so that they didn't answer anything about her in the recent April AFC either.

Granted, at this point, even if Anet were to give an actual in-game update on what's going on with her, they'd probably end up doing something I'd outright hate anyway (they're already going in that direction it seems with Taimi between Joko getting his hands on her in LWS4 Ep 1 and hinting that Taimi might become a golem to defeat her degenerative disease at the end of LWS4 Ep 2). I've come to the conclusion and realization that I'm not gonna be happy with anything Anet does with either Zojja or Taimi so I might as well do my own thing with them in terms of headcanons, fan fiction, and role playing in order to find the end/resolution/closure/result(s) I'm looking for. I'd encourage other people to do the same if they're inclined to working on headcanons/fan fiction/role playing.

I mean, it's not like Anet is in any rush to do anything about it. They're too busy trying to push Rytlock and his "super edgy grimdark untouchable cool guy" shtick down everyone's throat. ¯\(ツ)

( Yes I'm quite irritated/agitated by this turn of events to the point that this post kind of devolved into a rant. )

@Ephemiel.5694 said:Kinda funny that, during HoT, you can CHOOSE who you save first, so if you saved Zojja first, it would make no sense for her to be so weakened and Logan be up and about.

I have repeatd that many times. I CHOOSE to save Zojja. I hoped Logan died. I wanted Zojja in the next story. Of course it wont happen.

@Cynder.2509 said:she's just too tired to do this any longer.Zojja's just doing other things now like teaching progenies in Rata Sum.

Well it's funny because I think the same can be said for Felicia Day. She does not seem all that enthused about the role and had a baby which is presumably taking all her focus. Anet seems to have had an uphill battle trying to bring her back and it seems to be getting more onerous. When this became apparent for HoT, it would have been better to bite the bullet and either have replaced the VA or killed off the character so it wouldn't be left in limbo. Otherwise we will keep having to revisit this issue, which even in the best case likely means an absentee Zojja whenever Anet is working between expansion budgets.

@Leablo.2651 said:

@"Cynder.2509" said:she's just too tired to do this any longer.Zojja's just doing other things now like teaching progenies in Rata Sum.

Well it's funny because I think the same can be said for Felicia Day. She does not seem all that enthused about the role and had a baby which is presumably taking all her focus. Anet seems to have had an uphill battle trying to bring her back and it seems to be getting more onerous. When this became apparent for HoT, it would have been better to bite the bullet and either have replaced the VA or killed off the character so it wouldn't be left in limbo. Otherwise we will keep having to revisit this issue, which even in the best case likely means an absentee Zojja whenever Anet is working between expansion budgets.

I think you're wrong, there is no reason to think Felicia Day may have some issue about not wanting to, not able to give her voice for Zojja. Zojja is not any urgent character right now, the whole Season 3 was her recovering, PoF was more focused about few characters, and there is really strong possibility that she will be involved somehow in the story in this Season, there are signs of it- Inquest, Kuda, Kralkatorrik.

Also if you check Felicia Day's IMDb (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1260407/) she's been pretty active this/lasr year, also I don't think it's a big deal for her to come by on the record sessions.

@"Eve Eschenbacher.4201" on the last Guild Chat said, that if the writers already write the story, scenario etc for all of the characters, Eve sends messages to, for example, Steve Blum or Debby Derryberry to come, because she/he is needed, and if somebody says NO, I am done, then they replace such voice actors with new ones. I don't think it happened to Zojja, also replacing her wouldnt be a big deal, because in A bug in the system they suddenly changed Rox's voice actor, so its not something huge.

If Eve doesn't get the note to call Felicia then she doesn't, the same with Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren etc etc.

you should definitely check that:

(Guild Chat on Narrative and Voiceover)

Of course Anet is going to say that. They will never publicly state that they can't justify the expenditure to retain Zojja's VA for the living story sessions. Nor will they admit to writing around her absence to avoid an ultimatum.

The facts are plain enough: Day is the only member of the voice cast whose celebrity extends beyond the VA fandom. And Zojja is the only major character to consistently be missing from the story, except when Anet is working with a bigger budget. You can choose to connect the dots or not at your leisure, it won't affect anything else.

If they can't, or won't, get Day back for Zojja, then they need to find someone else. This has gone on for far too long. Zojja needs closure, ANet!

On another tangent, can you imagine if she never fully recovered? Maybe her mind was mushed? I can't think of a more horrifying fate, from an asura point of view, than having your genius lessened.

@Leablo.2651 said:Of course Anet is going to say that. They will never publicly state that they can't justify the expenditure to retain Zojja's VA for the living story sessions. Nor will they admit to writing around her absence to avoid an ultimatum.

The facts are plain enough: Day is the only member of the voice cast whose celebrity extends beyond the VA fandom. And Zojja is the only major character to consistently be missing from the story, except when Anet is working with a bigger budget. You can choose to connect the dots or not at your leisure, it won't affect anything else.

I honestly think the vast majority wouldn't care at all if they brought someone else, zojjas character is much more important than a specific voice actor.And btw it won't be hard at all to find someone with a voice so similar you won't even notice the difference.

I wasn´t keen on rescuing either. One was a lovestruck fool who should be nowhere near a commnand position and the other one an asura I constantly forgot about. But I would choose Logan anyday before Zoja. At least he has a reason to go on adventure, Zojja is more or less dragged into everything.

Anet could maybe let another character(Taimi) read a letter that she has basically retired at this poi nt and leaves the downfall of Kralkatorik to us.

Legally dead.If she was still alive, no selfrespecting friend, and ally, would’ve not visited her.We had time to do silly stuff between HoT and now, but never even bothered visiting Zojja.Hence we can only assume our commander knows she’s dead.. despite everyone talking about her being alive.If Zojja is still alive, I’ll delete all my characters that have befriended Zojja, because they’re obviously not friends..

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:I have repeatd that many times. I CHOOSE to save Zojja. I hoped Logan died. I wanted Zojja in the next story. Of course it wont happen.

sorry i picked Logan across all 15 of my toons and another 5 on my second account :s

Don't need to apologize, it is your right to do so.But.. why!?

obviously cuz Logan is proven to be useful in the future(presence now) as the new secretary for the commander .. sorry i meant pact marshal.

honostly i dont have that much Feelings for most of destinys edge and i would not mind seeing some of them die for Progression of the Story.eir was a good start to make clear WHO the new leader is.. (if a new leader arrives the old must step down .. better die for a huge Impression)

Logans expiration date was prolonged cuz to the reasons mentioned above

Rytlock seems to have still an interesting Story to tell so his death would make me sad for cutting this promising string

zoija.. who the fuck miss her anyway.. obvioulsy a lot of u guys and im sorry for making myself target for hatemail but her best deed EVER was supporting taimi.. whats no longer needed. zoija never was as much of a Genius as snaff anyway and an annoying pouting princess / Kitten on top of that

garm makes me happy, he is a good guy an should live longer than the PC

Caithe i was a bit annoyed how anet handled my interactions with her during HoT cuz i never doubted that she had the best in mindshe could think of and during the dialogues it was possible to express that.. however in LS 3 the PC suddenly act like an arrogant mthfckr towards herso while i would sadly see her die and i would like her to stay alive some more i DO see her dieing for the big Impact that can cause onto the player

Archived