Getting stuck in walls while repairing

Aye. I repaired myself into SMC inner south gate the other day.I was the newly designated SMC inner south gate scout.

Jerry (the veteran cabalist) and I enjoyed quite a few games of cards. At least until he was killed.Poor Jerry.

~ Kovu

@"Blodeuyn.2751" said:I've not noticed this on Apline or DBL, and I repair a lot during the matchups. Can you all confirm this is an EBG issue, or has it happened to any of you on the other borderlands?

Haha no. It doesnt matter what border you are on or what objective. It have to do with the way things repair. Doors when repaired closes with an animation and if you are on the right spot, they close around you. You can even get stuck between the door and the side of the wall when they breach since they "open" and smack you in the head. Walls are the same, when repaired and it pops up over you, you will randomly get stuck inside. The game obviously have code to prevent this (you get warped outside 95% of the time) but I am guessing that if this happen at the same time there is a lag spike on your end it doesnt handle it properly and get you inside the wall. Probably all client side, like movement prediction. Since the walls have planar collision there is nothing you can do about it other than /stuck, die to AoE or tp. Sometimes I have gotten portals/leaps/etc to work but the collision mostly stop any interaction with the outside.

Honestly I dont want Anet to "fix" it like they "fixed" the waypoints. It's not worth it.

I went into eotm because of stupidness in wvw and repaired myself into several of the generators there. I don't really hang out there, so I'm not sure if that's normal generator behavior, but I do know if you don't dodge at the last second, you'll get entombed every time. Maybe it's a training feature.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:So I have been noticing this a lot more recently. People getting stuck in walls when repairing the walls. It used to happen occasionally, now it seems to happen almost every time. Not sure if it's a result of a new update or what. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have learned that the best thing is to just go to the spot where it gives you the option to repair and NO further. So far I haven’t been trapped since doing this.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We're actively looking into this now. The walls appear to be set up ok on the content end. There's a setting on them to eject anyone inside their collision, which is set to "on." However, for some reason, it's become less reliable.

No really, you dont need to put effort into fixing this. There are plenty of other things in WvW that you can fix, such as the gliders causing lag warp on the Y axis or the arrowcarts shooting through walls.

This has been in the game for 6 years and it's just as funny to see it happening to guildies so you can laugh at them for getting their asses stuck as it was the first day.

I'd be happier if ports could work through all destroyed wall spots, especially the walls with stairs, many places it can't find the "path" when doing like a jaunt or blink through it. Speaking of jaunt that tends to fail on a lot of stairs in the game too, rather annoying with it being the condition cleanse too.

But anyways haven't been stuck in a wall in a while but I tend to repair right at the edge of the wall, keeping in mind if it's a stair wall which is a little wider.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We're actively looking into this now. The walls appear to be set up ok on the content end. There's a setting on them to eject anyone inside their collision, which is set to "on." However, for some reason, it's become less reliable.

Thanks for the reply Ben! Yes, it seems as though it is not ejecting people as reliably anymore. I play quite a bit of WVW, and for a while I can't recall this happening unless you were actually running through the broken wall when it got repaired. If you were repairing, you were always ejected. But as of late, it seems that the ejection is not happening as it should.

@Sovereign.1093 said:u get stuck in harpi too if yoj kill the nest melee wise nesr the champ

Yeah now that you mention it, I got swallowed by one of those trees not too long ago as well. I think the gates/walls/trees have gone hungry ;) better watch out everyone! The thing that I know has been more or less fixed is the terrain/ground swallowing people, I have not experienced that or getting put under a lord in a long time.

Archived