Rampage in PvE

Aigleborgne.2981

I love rampage, it is very nice skill to use : footsteps sound, incredibly resilient (althrough you can't heal or use utilities), and nice control skills. Plus, it fits perfectly with Peak performance.Now, I have a big issue with it : a very low duration of 15s with a cooldown of 180s (without trait).Seriously, 15s seems too low. You barely have time to properly use your 5 skills. You can, but it is a rush, forget to properly use them when needed, it is a race!Why a so low duration ? 20-25s would be better and I dont think it would be overpowered since its damage is not great, decent at best.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I love rampage, it is very nice skill to use : footsteps sound, incredibly resilient (althrough you can't heal or use utilities), and nice control skills. Plus, it fits perfectly with Peak performance.Now, I have a big issue with it : a very low duration of 15s with a cooldown of 180s (without trait).Seriously, 15s seems too low. You barely have time to properly use your 5 skills. You can, but it is a rush, forget to properly use them when needed, it is a race!Why a so low duration ? 20-25s would be better and I dont think it would be overpowered since its damage is not great, decent at best.

If it's open world PvE, then why bother? I mean you've got better ways of killing mobs and you don't even need Rampage. Considering that Rampage has 3 CC skills which are useful when it comes to bosses and breaking their defiance bar, also the third auto attack chain can daze the target which can reduce the defiance bar, resulting in 4 CC skills.

Kick and Throw Boulder are the most useful CCs due to the low cooldown and it should be enough to deplete the defiance bar in seconds. When it comes to the duration of Rampage, I believe that 15 seconds are more than enough for you to break the defiance bar using those 2 skills. It's not about using all 5 skills, it's about using the skills that can impact boss fight extremely.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I love rampage, it is very nice skill to use : footsteps sound, incredibly resilient (althrough you can't heal or use utilities), and nice control skills. Plus, it fits perfectly with Peak performance.Now, I have a big issue with it : a very low duration of 15s with a cooldown of 180s (without trait).Seriously, 15s seems too low. You barely have time to properly use your 5 skills. You can, but it is a rush, forget to properly use them when needed, it is a race!Why a so low duration ? 20-25s would be better and I dont think it would be overpowered since its damage is not great, decent at best.

If it's open world PvE, then why bother? I mean you've got better ways of killing mobs and you don't even need Rampage. Considering that Rampage has 3 CC skills which are useful when it comes to bosses and breaking their defiance bar, also the third auto attack chain can daze the target which can reduce the defiance bar, resulting in 4 CC skills.

Kick and Throw Boulder are the most useful CCs due to the low cooldown and it should be enough to deplete the defiance bar in seconds. When it comes to the duration of Rampage, I believe that 15 seconds are more than enough for you to break the defiance bar using those 2 skills. It's not about using all 5 skills, it's about using the skills that can impact boss fight extremely.

Yeah, you are right about breaking bar. But like many players you miss the point : fun part of the skill.I don't only use rampage to break a bar, but just for fun because it looks and feels good.15s is really a short time, even more when you are trying to figure out the best ways to use these skills.Like you said, it is enough time to break a bar. So longer duration wouldn't hurt anyway.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Yeah, you are right about breaking bar. But like many players you miss the point : fun part of the skill.I don't only use rampage to break a bar, but just for fun because it looks and feels good.15s is really a short time, even more when you are trying to figure out the best ways to use these skills.Like you said, it is enough time to break a bar. So longer duration wouldn't hurt anyway.

I get that it's fun, being a massive juggernaut, killing mobs left and right like a mad man. Sadly, not everything that's fun lasts forever. A slight duration increase could make it better and maybe it will be increased one day. Who knows, maybe it will be buffed when the underwater skills get improved and ArenaNet might sneak it in without many people noticing it. For now, keep using Rampage if you enjoy using it and use it whenever it's off cooldown.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

I get that it's fun, being a massive juggernaut, killing mobs left and right like a mad man. Sadly, not everything that's fun lasts forever. A slight duration increase could make it better and maybe it will be increased one day. Who knows, maybe it will be buffed when the underwater skills get improved and ArenaNet might sneak it in without many people noticing it. For now, keep using Rampage if you enjoy using it and use it whenever it's off cooldown.

My guess is they'll eventually lower the CD like in wvw to 90 seconds but keep the 15 second duration instead of the 10 that wvw has.

I would dream to have 15s every 90s or 25s every 180s.But it's probably not gonna happen. ANet doesn't like Elites. I can just remember how good they were in GW1, and most of all, they could be used very often. No wonder why elite signet is the most used. It's not great but at least, it provides something most of the times.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

My guess is they'll eventually lower the CD like in wvw to 90 seconds but keep the 15 second duration instead of the 10 that wvw has.

Bundled with Peak Performance Rampage is a massive damage boost. It offers great power for the duration, lots of CC and damage + don't forget it stunbreaks/removes immobilize. On a big boss fight with a CC bar just pop your other CC abilities, jump into Rampage and deal perhaps the most amount of breakbar damage in this short amount of time in the game (maybe besides 5 man basi venom from thief but that accounts for 4 other people)

Only other relevant elite would be Headbutt or Signet of Rage, but the first means you have to be a Berserker and the second one is perhaps not always useful during open world where adrenaline is next to 0 problem. It's good for what it does. If you look for a spammable CC + damage ability play Berserker

@Blocki.4931 said:Bundled with Peak Performance Rampage is a massive damage boost. It offers great power for the duration, lots of CC and damage + don't forget it stunbreaks/removes immobilize. On a big boss fight with a CC bar just pop your other CC abilities, jump into Rampage and deal perhaps the most amount of breakbar damage in this short amount of time in the game (maybe besides 5 man basi venom from thief but that accounts for 4 other people)

Only other relevant elite would be Headbutt or Signet of Rage, but the first means you have to be a Berserker and the second one is perhaps not always useful during open world where adrenaline is next to 0 problem. It's good for what it does. If you look for a spammable CC + damage ability play Berserker

Well, I am using Peak Performance and I don't find it is a big damage boost.My usual combo is bull charge followed by frenzy hundred blade and whirlwind, or axe skills depending on situation. And I use kick to re-activate Peak Perf. in combat. So, I already do very nice damage. And I can't say I have seen a big boost with Rampage. Most of the times, I can't kill a veteran within the 15s Rampage (according I am still leveling with a self-found equipment).On my experience, Rampage is best for breaking bar and surviving big hits but for damage? It doesn't seem bad but not that powerful, or I missed something !

Archived