Guild Enhancements are only available to players with Heart of Thorns.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"phs.6089" said:And you think it's fair, people cant have those buffs?
Again raids, glider, season 3 have nothing in common to buffs

Idk if you can get them in the guild initiative building in LA. If not its part of the guildhall. No guildhall no buffs. No Hot no guildhall.

Huh? Even Free 2 Play accs can get into guild hall fyi. Barmen refuses to give people buffs if the don't own HoT.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Pof owners can only do wing 5 the others requires hot and its masteriesAnd guild enchantment was added with hot what you say pof should include hot

Masteries do not exclude PoF owners to enter any wing, given raid has people with HoT (a mesmer) that can teleport them to first boss in wing 4 for instance, they do raids just fine.

• 3 months later...

Ok, guild Bonuses became guild hall Bonuses. The buffs used to be available to any one with Vanilla. Then HoT came out and took the buffs and placed them behind having to own HoT. Plus you no longer could have multiple going, only one at a time. So even those who helped the guild before Halls can no longer use what had been given to them before.
Locking the GH buffs, Arena behind HoT and not allowing PoF access to them is a bit of a joke in long run. Even F2P should be allowed into the arena, sometimes they wanna train and practice builds in a friendly environment.

@phs.6089 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:So then complain that you will never craft a gen 2 legendary because its hot content and you dont have 20 bucks to spare

. PoF owners can craft gen2 .5 and again people don't work for it to give it to guild, they do it for themselves.

Let me put it this way, what is it there in guild hall to offer for people to work for and do weekly tasks? Commendations for trinkets with core stats? Well that might work for a bit till they get 24. What is after that? hey guys can you kill couple of hours to do this tasks and in return you will get nothing. Oh and please don't forget to donate mats to guild hall that will offer you nothing.

Most of them don't get HoT not cos they can't afford it, they don't see the need of it. Any new player asks which expansion they should get and answer is obvious PoF after they learn from guild mates and youtube HoT horror and grind, why would they even bother to buy it?

well, if they are interested in the guild stuff, they see the need of it.

Because those tales are BS.

@"phs.6089" said:I'll bump this topic with new information. Please consider following the link to GW2 support page before you assume something.According to Arena.NET any account but F2P has no restriction to Guild Enhancements Access. Which is somehow not true.https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

Could be an error in posted information. Would not be the first time. You might consider contacting the CS Team.

Good luck.

Leaving some incentives in to buy the old expansion probably makes a lot of sense, businesswise. And saying "we do not let people without HoT get the buffs because we want them to buy HoT" probably makes less sense, PR-wise. I am not sure if they did it on purpose, or by accident though.

Nevertheless, I would never recommend starters to get PoF and not HoT. I consider HoT's autoloot mastery something I would not ever want to miss again while playing GW2, and the HoT maps to be the best ones of the game (especially for exploring, although Tangled Depths went a little too far with its "Labyrinthiness" imo) :)

Btw. I feel like there have been quite a few "Anti-HoT" posts since last week, wonder where that came from (not saying this thread is one of them, just an observation that HoT was the topic of several negative posts all of a sudden)

@"Shikigami.4013" said:Nevertheless, I would never recommend starters to get PoF and not HoT. I consider HoT's autoloot mastery something I would not ever want to miss again while playing GW2,

The Autoloot mastery is a Core Tyria Mastery, which unlocks by either HoT or PoF.

and the HoT maps to be the best ones of the game (especially for exploring, although Tangled Depths went a little too far with its "Labyrinthiness" imo) :)

I agree, I wouldn’t recommend buying just PoF over buying both HoT and PoF together. As a bundle it’s a good discount, but you get a lot of good stuff from HoT, guild hall buffs being one of them.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"phs.6089" said:I'll bump this topic with new information. Please consider following the link to GW2 support page before you assume something.According to Arena.NET any account but F2P has no restriction to Guild Enhancements Access. Which is somehow not true.

Could be an error in posted information. Would not be the first time. You might consider contacting the CS Team.

Good luck.

That, or its something they intended to do but couldnt/didnt make true (yet).

I mean, I personally am notaffected, but at least it should be fairly easy to change the table. Ingame might be harder. I think its still rather unfortunate that a (usually considered to be) core game feature or at least something that has parts in multiple expansions is only technically part of one. It doesnt make sense.

I think... the feature wasnt designed modular enough, so that the or a future guild team doesnt exist or is, at least for guild expanding features, basically on hold. I suppose that is mostly speculation but still.

I think the best thing we can hope for is that they may fix/change it some day.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Zohane.7208 said:Guild halls were added as a part of HoT, hence they are part of HoT. Like all other HoT features, the services they supply are exclusive to accounts with HoT applied. If Guild hall services had been added with PoF, those services would have been PoF exclusive.I hope you know there is guild hall within desert and again only PoF owners raiding (that is HoT) just fine.

In my book people within guild should not be discriminated.

Pof owners can only do wing 5 the others requires hot and its masteriesAnd guild enchantment was added with hot what you say pof should include hotRaids were added with HoT as HoT feature. If they were the same as guildhalls, then to do the PoF wing you'd still need Hot. Yet, you
can
do wing 5 with PoF alone. So, why can't you use PoF guildhall with PoF alone?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Their argumentation is "but guild enhancements were added with HoT".Which is not even true. They were a former
core
content, that was locked behind HoT during guild system overhaul. Which i personally still consider a kitten move.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:However I guess why it is the way it is. There is no guild team anymore, these devs are now responsible for WvW updates. This means nobody bothered to check or fix this inconsistency and so customers are now neglected.And that's likely the real answer. They just can't be bothered to fix an obvious omission.

@Rhyse.8179 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Guild halls are a heart of thorns feature.

Guild related buffs (+10% xp for example), however, used to be a Core feature. They were taken out of core and moved into HOT for unknown reasons.

There's no reason other then Anet's greed that they couldn't be moved back.

I suspect they did that because the core game became free. You may call it greed but because of the B2P model box sales are a big deal to this game. So ArenaNet does need to give people reasons to buy them. I appreciate that not everybody has a lot of money but if you cannot afford 40-50 bucks to buy BOTH expansions and not pay for the core game, then clearly you're not the target audience for ArenaNet as a company. They need to make money as a company to exist and to keep the game alive. I think 40-50 bucks for the whole game is not asking too much.

ArenaNet is not a charity in the end and people should stop freaking out over that simple reality.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

ArenaNet is not a charity in the end and people should stop freaking out over that simple reality.

No one talks of charity. The subjects is. Why only HoT owners can use Guild enhancements? OK, core went F2P, they locked enhancements beyond the HoT. But atm there are people with PoF only that can't access those. If enhancements going to be locked beyond HoT to sell old product is not a good move. It calls a cheap move, low blow in our places. HoT itself have so many sell points. Story, lore, maps and best of all stat combinations and elit specs that have became vital for game mods and there is no alternative, to commander, trailbazer, viper etc.It's a god damn guild buff that, if Im forced divide my guild members by the expacs they have, kitten with that guild kitten.

@phs.6089 said:

No one talks of charity. The subjects is. Why only HoT owners can use Guild enhancements? OK, core went F2P, they locked enhancements beyond the HoT. But atm there are people with PoF only that can't access those. If enhancements going to be locked beyond HoT to sell old product is not a good move. It calls a cheap move, low blow in our places. HoT itself have so many sell points. Story, lore, maps and best of all stat combinations and elit specs that have became vital for game mods and there is no alternative, to commander, trailbazer, viper etc.It's a god kitten guild buff that, if Im forced divide my guild members by the expacs they have, kitten with that guild kitten.

No one talks of charity and yet he wonders why a feature was moved from the free part of the game to the paid part and comes to the conclusion it's greed. That's a step too far for me. And indeed if wanting to make money with a business (and not in an EA way) is called greed, then people do expect charity.

And I get that not everybody has the same amount of money but if 40-50 bucks for a game with 2 expansions is too prohibitive, then I'm not sure what to say. That is pretty much expecting charity at that point from my point of view.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@phs.6089 said:

No one talks of charity. The subjects is. Why only HoT owners can use Guild enhancements? OK, core went F2P, they locked enhancements beyond the HoT. But atm there are people with PoF only that can't access those. If enhancements going to be locked beyond HoT to sell old product is not a good move. It calls a cheap move, low blow in our places. HoT itself have so many sell points. Story, lore, maps and best of all stat combinations and elit specs that have became vital for game mods and there is no alternative, to commander, trailbazer, viper etc.It's a god kitten guild buff that, if Im forced divide my guild members by the expacs they have, kitten with that guild kitten.

No one talks of charity and yet he wonders why a feature was moved from the free part of the game to the paid part and comes to the conclusion it's greed. That's a step too far for me. And indeed if wanting to make money with a business (and not in an EA way) is called greed, then people do expect charity.

And I get that not everybody has the same amount of money but if 40-50 bucks for a game with 2 expansions is too prohibitive, then I'm not sure what to say. That is pretty much expecting charity at that point from my point of view.

What he meant is: It was moved from one paid version (core), to another (HoT). The free to play version has their own section.

Core has both a free2play version and the original Buy2Play version.

On top of that, other paying customers who didnt get HoT but PoF only, for whatever reason, dont have access either.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@phs.6089 said:

What he meant is: It was moved from one paid version (core), to another (HoT). The free to play version has their own section.

Core has both a free2play version and the original Buy2Play version.

On top of that, other paying customers who didnt get HoT but PoF only, for whatever reason, dont have access either.

As soon as they moved the core game to F2P, they moved this feature to HoT I guess. So this means that it's a feature they didn't want to offer for free. You can argue whether that's fair or not but then the whole move to making the core game free could be considered unfair to those who bought it before. Which technically it is, but there you go.

But HoT has a lot more that is not available in PoF and vice versa. This is simply to keep both expansions relevant and worth buying. They already moved elite specs around but the more they move from HoT to PoF, the less reason people will have to get HoT and the less value it has to players.

Now if you shop around a bit on the net you can get both expansions for less than 50 bucks. So when people complain about a division in their guild because people don't want to spend another 15-30 bucks for HoT, depending on where you buy it, then that's a very cheap attitude from those players from my point of view. Now if ArenaNet was nickel and diming everything, I could understand people getting upset at them for this sort of thing. ArenaNet even made it possible to play PoF without having the previous expansion and they don't charge a sub, etc. So I think that if players complain about this it's not ArenaNet but the players who are being cheap.

In essence people here just want what they want and refuse to even spend money on two expansions. Other games require you to have the expansions to play the current one. I mean ArenaNet do go out of their way to accommodate players but players will complain just the same. Now I personally don't mind if they moved it to PoF as well, but to me the people that are upset about this and think it's unfair or unreasonable are actually the ones being unfair and unreasonable. I don't get this attitude that just because you buy part of the game you're entitled to more because you don't want to spend the money to get the rest of it. I don't mind the request but I don't get the anger that you have to pay for both expansions to get all of it. I see the inconvenience but I don't feel that it's fair to call it ridiculous or greedy.

@Gehenna.3625 said:I suspect they did that because the core game became free. You may call it greed but because of the B2P model box sales are a big deal to this game. So ArenaNet does need to give people reasons to buy them. I appreciate that not everybody has a lot of money but if you cannot afford 40-50 bucks to buy BOTH expansions and not pay for the core game, then clearly you're not the target audience for ArenaNet as a company. They need to make money as a company to exist and to keep the game alive. I think 40-50 bucks for the whole game is not asking too much.

I, and many others, paid for Core back in the day. I don't appreciate having content that I paid for removed and placed where I have to pay for it again.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

We tell them its a HoT feature and that you can get HoT for a very low priceJust like mounts are a pof feature

No. Glider is feature of HoT that are in level of mounts , not guild buffs. And this logic there has to be an alternative to buffs if they are locked behind the HoT, otherwise lock guild halls, lock guild nodes, lock guild merchants and guild missions behind HoT.

Cus atm it looks like you order dinner but waiter refuses to get you napkins as its' only being served with the other dish, you need to buy.

I think the issue is, guilds are basically a staple of most mmos. And guild function developments are already so dead that there's no staff in charge of its development/maintenance any more. And guild functions are mostly trivial - it is unlikely to even be a pull factor that a pof-only player would consider getting hot for. Instead, it is a push-factor annoyance for someone in that category.

It is silly to gate guild amenity access behind 1 expansion, and this should obviously be changed to the level of paid-player benefits, such as core masteries, full tp access, etc.

It is more likely that they feel it is not worth the effort to make the change, feeling no pressure about it.

(I have 2 accs with both expansions and lily, and my sub acc has no access to guildhall, since I feel bad about a sub joining any guild other than my personal storage guild)

@Rhyse.8179 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Guild halls are a heart of thorns feature.

Guild related buffs (+10% xp for example), however, used to be a Core feature. They were taken out of core and moved into HOT for unknown reasons.

There's no reason other then Anet's greed that they couldn't be moved back.

I wouldnt call the reasons unknown...all about the money.

Archived