Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times


Recommended Posts

@Murmullos.2835 said:Hello, I just want to know if this situation is normal, because this seems to be weird or a mistake.

I sent an email to support@guildwars2.com the 1st of June, because I needed the authenticator removed in my main account (at this point I gave up and purchased this account where I'm writting, but it would be nice to keep my first account), asking how to proceed to remove it because I couldn't log in and open a ticket.

After 2 days or so, I was a bit tired of waiting (I didn't know there was a bottle neck, and I was expecting 24-48 hours for a response), so I read that the more information I send, the better. So I sent all the information about me. I just answered to the same email, asi indicated on how to add more information.

After 11 days after sending the 1st email, I received this email:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

We'll be happy to help you, but first we need to get a bit more information from you in order to verify your ownership of this Guild Wars 2 account. Please reply to this e-mail and include as much of your registration information as possible, including:

Your Guild Wars 2 Serial CodeReal NameCharacter name(s)Display nameDate of BirthPhone NumberYour street address."

Well, I was super disapointed to receive this email, because I already sent this information by adding it as indicated in the first email that I received with the confirmation of my request (note: the only thing that I don't have is the serial code).But I thought, ok, at this point they should answer me fast... so I typed again this information 5 days ago. (I mean, I thought as soon as your email reach the top of the queue, it should be a priority).

So, I don't know, this feels awful, 11 days to get an aswer asking me for something that I already sent. I was expecting something like "since you didn't provide us the serial code, we can't remove the authenticator", but also since I'm sending the email from the asociated email of that account and with all my information, I still see a chance to remove the authenticator.But the person who read my issue didn't bother to see all the information that I sent and just asked me for it again. This is a really bad customer service in my opinion.

As I said, I'm not expecting a jump in the queue, that's why I'm not writting my number request/issue. I guess I just wanted to vent a little and I want to know if this is normal or not, if any other user had a similar problem, etc. Because at this point waiting 5-X more days to an answer is something that I'm prepared for.

Thanks for your time for reading this, have a nice day :)

That's because it really hits another automated template when you don't use the web-form to submit your ticket. It's best to use the 'anonymous' option, rather than sending an email. The initial email-submitted enquiries can sort of get lost/stuck in the system for some time.This is why sending an initial email is discouraged, rather than using the system.

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Chive.3875 said:You'd think all that money rolling in from the gem store would go to hiring more reps.

Which is exactly what they've done. Of course, they don't come pre-familiar with the GW2 CS Team practices and policies.

Do you have a source for this? They sure could have fooled me. Going on 12 days without so much as an acknowledgement that my ticket has even been received.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's because it really hits another automated template when you don't use the web-form to submit your ticket. It's best to use the 'anonymous' option, rather than sending an email. The initial email-submitted enquiries can sort of get lost/stuck in the system for some time.This is why sending an initial email is discouraged, rather than using the system.

Good luck.

I see, I guess sooner or later the email will arrive to the correct department. Any way the only thing that I need is some patience and hope that it will be recovered.

Thanks for your comment :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chive.3875 said:

@Chive.3875 said:You'd think all that money rolling in from the gem store would go to hiring more reps.

Which is exactly what they've done. Of course, they don't come pre-familiar with the GW2 CS Team practices and policies.

Do you have a source for this? They sure could have fooled me. Going on 12 days without so much as an acknowledgement that my ticket has even been received.

Sure; Dev response in this very thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/529114/#Comment_529114 as well as on Reddit, I believe.

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It took mine 17 days but was answered very nicely and done - was a guild TAG change so low priority - but got direct contact. Person was NOT over seas. Clearly CS needs more peeps and I hope issues get prioritized properly account issues/pw resets etc. should be top. So I knew it'd be a while for my issue. PATIENCE - check the thread above if your ticket got an email response indicating it was received; it's gonna get answered just a matter of some time :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I have posted to this thread a few days ago. I understand that it takes a long time for a ticket to be addressed. But I just want to make sure that I submitted my ticket correctly and that it HAS been seen by a representative. I know no other way to make this issue known than here so I apologize if I shouldn't post this here but I'm going to anyway. My Ticket #6940992, if Gaile Gray or someone else can see if I submitted correctly I would appreciate it.

Thank You.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I'm not here to bash customer service or anything but I am curious as to their average response times. I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a response and it was a fairly simple matter of clarification on how items come and go in the gem store. I may have been blessed with luck in the past but I've never once had to wait 2 weeks for a reply from customer service on any game.

Is it perhaps better to just ask clarification questions to the community in the forums? Still that would seem unfortunate because when someone wants definitive information on a game you should feel confident to be able to rely on the promptness and integrity of the games customer service representatives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyo, so 18 days later not a single response even though I emailed requesting an update twice for ticket #6931674. I can't even log into the game how much longer do I have to wait for a response? I am getting no updates through the support email for my ticket .... this is borderline comical

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Testarossa.8740" said:Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

A player can make as many Play4Free, or paid accounts as they wish. Do be aware: it is not possible to merge accounts.

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Testarossa.8740" said:Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

A player can make as many Play4Free, or paid accounts as they wish. Do be aware: it is not possible to merge accounts.

Good luck.

I'm not sure this answers the question I asked. Is my friend liable to get banned on this new account under pretense of "ban evasion" even though he did not actually do anything to earn the ban? This answer you provided doesn't address this concern at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ObscureTalent.2197 said:I made a ticket 20 days ago , updated it a week ago and still got no response from Anet ... is this common? Has anyone else encountered a similar wait time and what was the result?

Yeah. I was in the same boat. I think it took about 16 days for me personally though - so didn't quite get as bad. These wait times have been going on for the last 3 months. And the average wait time is rising instead of declining. Try to keep your chin up. Although new story dropping next week, so that'll be fun to add to the chaos. Anet might want to try actually figuring out the problem soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just trying to see if there was still a backlog of tickets as I was concerned that mine may have slipped through the cracks but it looks like this is still an issue from the posts here. 15 days in so far but at least not as long as some others have waited. A quick acknowledgment of the ticket after a certain amount of time would go a long way to putting people at ease.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Malpractice.7850" said:So its been 13 days since i put in a support ticket.

is this actually reasonable for a company?

What would you like for them to do? Given that they goofed on not having enough depth of support to handle sudden interest... they are hiring more staff and changing some policies to streamline their processing time. The only other thing they could do is spend less time on each ticket, which means: saying no more often, making more mistakes, and/or being less helpful in other ways.

If we grant that increasing the size of the team is the way to go, then we have to accept that takes 3-6 months for us players to notice. (Hiring the right people isn't easy, especially for the typical salary of support teams. Plus they have to be trained, and observed/mentored. And then not every hire will work out. Some will leave, some won't be good etc.)

tl;dr the amount of time we're waiting is clearly below most reasonable people's definition of "timely." But there's not all that much that ANet can do in the short term to fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It used to be that there was a thread on the forums for tickets that hadn't been responded to in over 3 days. I can't seem to find it, to post on my friends' behalf. Is it gone? Is there a new thing you're supposed to do? Apparently his ticket is about a week old. I have his ticket number, but he does not have access to the forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They seemed to be backlogged badly. I had a ticket with no response for 8 days, would probably have been longer, but I posted a 'never mind' message. (It was a 'please fix my screw-up' request, and I eventually decided to stick with the mistake I made.)

Maybe they are prioritizing tickets, and my 'please fix my stupid mistake' request got dumped on the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...