wvw survey

Sovereign.1093

if wvw had a value of 10 as perfect at launch, the following may explain things, as how i put value into the game.

higher the value the better the game, lower the value, the less it became.

warning, my opinion only.

gw2 wvw fights etc, capture etc, lots of players and recruitment.

wvw = 13

balances by anet = wvw 12.

introduction of tournaments

wvw =15

many players took it seriously.

stacking of players, leaving worlds. players understoon champions of tournaments were 2 servers allied to keep each other alternate 1 and 2 and push 3rd server out.

wvw = 8

tournaments were stoped because servers not stacked cant compete and belief no hope

wvw 5.

hot intro and testing of desert.

wvw 7 because anet worked with players.

hot release, anet didnt listen to feedback.

wvw 3

anet balanced wvw and returned alpine wvw 6.

links introduced. wvw 6

changes on system 8. made things cheaper for us.

1up 1 down wvw 7

intro of gear etc. 9

pof release. wvw 8.

balance patches etc. wvw 8.

players abusing links. wvw 5.

but we are nearing the peak.

waiting for alliances wvw value 4.

note:

gw2 pve is 10 still. i have no comments on these. it is awesome. so is bltc, so much like stock exchange. as an investor, i applaud, good programing.

pvp 7.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO people just refuse to learn or reflect mistakes. Not sure about you but in my server, some commanders call themselves PPT players but the 1st thing they do after the gate/wall is broken, is rush into lords to dps ignoring every enemy/siege on the walls, leading to a wipe and then says 'nice try/fight guys' and repeat again. It's like the tuxedo mask sailor moon meme it's hilarious and sad at the same time..

There are also commanders that call themselves fight guilds that watched one too many wvw video, calling random commands while leading the zerg into enemy bombs and the massive red circles, then wiping and saying 'nice try/fight'. When people call the commanders out they stay silent while other white knights defend them, 'we are ppt server', 'why don't you command', etc.

Basically people are just deflecting problems/responsibilities to improve their own server, I'd like to see my server become a steady t1 in the future but it'll be unlikely looking at this progression, once we're not linked we're gonna be t2 or lower.

P.S. I would try to learn to command myself if I don't rock a 400-600 ping in wvw (yay SEA/OCX players)

@bendrix.8024 said:IMO people just refuse to learn or reflect mistakes. Not sure about you but in my server, some commanders call themselves PPT players but the 1st thing they do after the gate/wall is broken, is rush into lords to dps ignoring every enemy/siege on the walls, leading to a wipe and then says 'nice try/fight guys' and repeat again. It's like the tuxedo mask sailor moon meme it's hilarious and sad at the same time..

There are also commanders that call themselves fight guilds that watched one too many wvw video, calling random commands while leading the zerg into enemy bombs and the massive red circles, then wiping and saying 'nice try/fight'. When people call the commanders out they stay silent while other white knights defend them, 'we are ppt server', 'why don't you command', etc.

Basically people are just deflecting problems/responsibilities to improve their own server, I'd like to see my server become a steady t1 in the future but it'll be unlikely looking at this progression, once we're not linked we're gonna be t2 or lower.

P.S. I would try to learn to command myself if I don't rock a 400-600 ping in wvw (yay SEA/OCX players)

we roughly have the same ping. me 230 plus in a good day abd 4k in a bad day. =')

just command.

I refute your premise.

Your pole is based on the idea that people tank on purpose. The reality is that tanking is almost always due to people transferring off the server. The remaining population can't compete. Simple as that. There are only a handful of a whole server purposefully tanking that I can think of. This is extremely rare, especially now-a-days, as this requires most guilds on the server working together to not play. That's hard to do.

What has made things worse is the linking fiasco that was supposed to be a temporary solution to dwindling WvW population. It's been 2 years now, and transferring to lower population servers is now cheap, and in doing so, you can be rewarded with a T1 matchup, which goes against the whole idea of making transfers to lower population servers cheaper. With so many transferrs going on, it's only natural that some servers will drop.

It's funny there's a poll and most options don't even come close. PPT is a means to an end; nothing more. It lets you literally choose your enemies. Good servers will not "tank" or "rise" but appropriately control their PPT. Which includes tanking and PPT'ing to win as desired.

Let's start by a very clear premise from the "fight / kdr" community. You seem to think we get "more difficult fights" in higher tiers. This used to be true... About 3-4 years ago, but even then depended on server. Nowadays this is a lie. Going up in tiers in EU doesn't give me hard fights. There are 3-5 / 15 servers capable of providing some kind of good fights; mostly depending on the guilds / commanders there. After all, most servers don't have enough "fight players" compared to "casual players" to even stand a chance. They wipe twice, port to another map, run into an upgraded structure or the likes.

Instead you gotta look at desirable matchups and places to be; depending on what you want to do. You MUST do this, because defence / coverage / shooting ACs decides matchups more than any type of skill. Winning doesn't give you more skilled enemies, it gives you ... more unorganised pugs manning acs and porting out the moment you get in.

T1 is where I go to farm bags. There's a LOT of players. There are absolutely NO good fights. There are big blobs which dissapear into thin air after a single push. Furthermore; being in T1 for a long stretch of time literally kills an organised server. There is not one EU server which has been in T1 for an extended period which has a predominantly organised community. The longer you stay in T1, the more pugs bandwagon for the "action", which dilutes the original population. In due time, you have too much coverage to drop out of T1. Furthermore, you have permanent queue on EB and high queues everywhere during prime. Yet still, more pugs come as you're a "strong active T1 server". This continues until the server is unplayable for its original population, which has no control nor the ability to play as they enjoyed and thus leaves. They are then flamed by the pugs that joined them yet refused to even play with them / their style at all because they left with likeminded guilds to "bandwagon" to an empty server because theirs is too full.

Most matchups are purely decided based on who we want to face the next week. We PPT to get an appropriate matchup and for a long-term view for our server. There are servers that don't have the coverage to rise, but are much stronger at fights than others higher in tiers. Riverside doesn't struggle killing players in T3-T5; but they do struggle maintaining coverage across the map during hours in which germans tend to work or sleep. Still, for primetime fights I'd rather face riverside than half the T1 and T2 servers. After all, most T1 and T2 servers get so many pugs and casuals making queues they aren't capable of forming a single competitive group.

So why do you PPT? To fight something you want to fight.Why do you not PPT? To fight something you want to fight.Why do you hard-focus one server in PPT / PPK? To fight something you want to fight.

Why do PPT servers do it? To avoid something they don't want to fight. Because they don't want to fight; it's bad for their coverage and morale. Or because they believe winning makes them BEST SERVER EVUR.

I agree we can't choose any MU. The (organised, good) commanders on our server can easily drop us to T4. I doubt we can drop to T5. We can ppt ourselves to T2-T3 if needed, as long as we have the motivation and time to tag and play. I doubt we can PPT to T1 reliably. That said, T2-T4 is a wide range of 3 matchups which can be chosen more or less at will.

Tanking, ppt'ing up, ppt'ing down, it doesn't matter. Hell, decide the whole matchup and the result if you want. It's just there to let you choose who you want to play with and against. It's also a way to bait PPT servers into feeding you bags if there's nothing better to do. But truthfully; I'd rather have real fights than farm bags.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:after the mass exodus servers had, i lack the facts to decide what really.

my gutt tells me players want to avoid hardtimes and get carried. or for whatever reason.

How does mass exodus relate to servers tanking their PPT?

jq, mag, cd. they tanked and lost players.

jq is coordinated so they got them back when it opened, and then decided to go to a different one.

no ktrain, just the habitual players are left or those without gems.

not everyone wants to fight. i feel it was because of this kd thing. it should never have been placed.

if u played 3 to 5 years as you say, like i did. then you ought to remember fights inside keeps that lasted hours because players contested and died for the cause. =)

no matter which server i go, a server is healthy if there are commanders at a timezone who play regular. and when those guys go, it goes bad. unless someone takes the helm.

saw it in sfr, deso, cd, tc, sos, sbi, bg.

i was in the height of the tournament. =) so i was there 2013.

i also had a vid of when i was at deso when we lost vabi. i remember it because i was following dye.

i will link it.

2013 to 14 1 year14 to 15 1 year16 no2016 to 2017 1 year2017 to 2018 1 year.

meh, wasnt there by one year.

so yes, i was there 3 to 5 years ago.

i was in the height of the tournament. =) so i was there 2013.

i also had a vid of when i was at deso when we lost vabi. i remember it because i was following dye.

i will link it.

2013 to 14 1 year from vabi to deso to cd14 to 15 1 year cd to sfr to cd to tc bg deso16 no (end onl)2016 to 2017 1 year deso to nsp2017 to 2018 1 year. nsp

meh, wasnt there by one year.

so yes, i was there 3 to 5 years ago.

found the vid. i started recording late november 2016 when i was i deso.

so yes pre 2016 on the earlier i wasnt playing gw2

came back because alpine was back since my buddy who i play sc with told me

Why would I be salt about you not transferring to TC?I intentionally went to non-TC because of you and disco having it so easy on TC back in the day.. I'm one of the group that routinely faces off against the big server in off hours. You should be fighting Crusix and Cloudfly in your time zone, not nightcapping for nsp in the wood leagues :p

@LetoII.3782 said:Why would I be salt about you not transferring to TC?I intentionally went to non-TC because of you and disco having it so easy on TC back in the day.. I'm one of the group that routinely faces off against the big server in off hours. You should be fighting Crusix and Cloudfly in your time zone, not nightcapping for nsp in the wood leagues :p

well iwas and did fight cloudlfy on my timezone since he plays on mine. =) dunno crusix though.

also back in tc it was leax who leads. not.me

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Why would I be salt about you not transferring to TC?I intentionally went to non-TC because of you and disco having it so easy on TC back in the day.. I'm one of the group that routinely faces off against the big server in off hours. You should be fighting Crusix and Cloudfly in your time zone, not nightcapping for nsp in the wood leagues :p

well iwas and did fight cloudlfy on my timezone since he plays on mine.

Trick question, nobody fights cloudfly.

@LetoII.3782 said:

But he CAN be trolled. :smile:

@LetoII.3782 said:

=) we have videos to prove fighting them though

@"Redponey.8352" said:You should add " No more objectives, No more competition between servers (destroyed with relinking) and no competitive tournament, So people are stacking just for zerg/bags and banane KT"i think that is the most probable reason why people are stacking. It's look like more a big mistake from anet to have gave up this gamemode for a long time.until the first expansion, we only got rewards and a Map, all the rest is just a PvE containt "adapt" to WvW ...

Before relinking , we had server identity , we all got a core member's server more like a familly. Guilds may switch between servers but that was not a big exodu.

since this all we got started to disapear. The will of fight for your proper server(Relinking), Fun in Fight(meta), objectives for your server.

WvW is now all about loot, pips and sometimes "bags". it's look like more edge of the mist gameplay , just follow tags , kill lords, sometimes onepush others bus is they are few and get your participation high. with that you dont need to join audio/guilds or even try to get some stuff for WvW.

just look at the start of Gw2 and WvW a international forum WvW were opened , Wvw videos , polls , discussions were made between servers etc... but now it's closedIt just show the loss and the lack of fun we have in WvW nowadays.

Server identity went out the window after season 1. You can still have server identity, but now there's a semi pop cap. So you can't claim you were the best server due to skill once everyone figured out the game mode was about coverage.

Archived