wvw survey

Sovereign.1093

@shiri.4257 said:

@"Redponey.8352" said:You should add " No more objectives, No more competition between servers (destroyed with relinking) and no competitive tournament, So people are stacking just for zerg/bags and banane KT"i think that is the most probable reason why people are stacking. It's look like more a big mistake from anet to have gave up this gamemode for a long time.until the first expansion, we only got rewards and a Map, all the rest is just a PvE containt "adapt" to WvW ...

Before relinking , we had server identity , we all got a core member's server more like a familly. Guilds may switch between servers but that was not a big exodu.

since this all we got started to disapear. The will of fight for your proper server(Relinking), Fun in Fight(meta), objectives for your server.

WvW is now all about loot, pips and sometimes "bags". it's look like more edge of the mist gameplay , just follow tags , kill lords, sometimes onepush others bus is they are few and get your participation high. with that you dont need to join audio/guilds or even try to get some stuff for WvW.

just look at the start of Gw2 and WvW a international forum WvW were opened , Wvw videos , polls , discussions were made between servers etc... but now it's closedIt just show the loss and the lack of fun we have in WvW nowadays.

Server identity went out the window after season 1. You can still have server identity, but now there's a semi pop cap. So you can't claim you were the best server due to skill once everyone figured out the game mode was about coverage.

i'm not saying who's the best server, i'm saying that playing with random people (linking or alliance) wont be fun and removing ladder and competition between server in a massive pvp gamemode it was not the best idea.Moreover even if you server isnt the very best of all (skills/ ppt/kt/scout etc) it gaves us objectives to keep pushing people to work together to carry up server and try to bring it at the top. Just actually we dont know where we're going.

The great decrease of server identity were when anet announced that there is no more tournament (after years of waiting...) and after the two first linking.I know what i'm talking about i was involve in my server community and i used to lead pug. I used to have great time and moment with people on server audio.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:You should add " No more objectives, No more competition between servers (destroyed with relinking) and no competitive tournament, So people are stacking just for zerg/bags and banane KT"i think that is the most probable reason why people are stacking. It's look like more a big mistake from anet to have gave up this gamemode for a long time.until the first expansion, we only got rewards and a Map, all the rest is just a PvE containt "adapt" to WvW ...

Before relinking , we had server identity , we all got a core member's server more like a familly. Guilds may switch between servers but that was not a big exodu.

since this all we got started to disapear. The will of fight for your proper server(Relinking), Fun in Fight(meta), objectives for your server.

WvW is now all about loot, pips and sometimes "bags". it's look like more edge of the mist gameplay , just follow tags , kill lords, sometimes onepush others bus is they are few and get your participation high. with that you dont need to join audio/guilds or even try to get some stuff for WvW.

just look at the start of Gw2 and WvW a international forum WvW were opened , Wvw videos , polls , discussions were made between servers etc... but now it's closedIt just show the loss and the lack of fun we have in WvW nowadays.

Server identity went out the window after season 1. You can still have server identity, but now there's a semi pop cap. So you can't claim you were the best server due to skill once everyone figured out the game mode was about coverage.

i'm not saying who's the best server, i'm saying that playing with random people (linking or alliance) wont be fun and removing ladder and competition between server in a massive pvp gamemode it was not the best idea.Moreover even if you server isnt the very best of all (skills/ ppt/kt/scout etc) it gaves us objectives to keep pushing people to work together to carry up server and try to bring it at the top. Just actually we dont know where we're going.

The great decrease of server identity were when anet announced that there is no more tournament (after years of waiting...) and after the two first linking.I know what i'm talking about i was involve in my server community and i used to lead pug. I used to have great time and moment with people on server audio.

If you think about it. there's actually better ladder movement with 1u/1d and actual population locking. it doesn't prevent stacking as a whole, but does limit it to a greater extent.

None of your reasons listed apply... on my server, many of the newer players get frustrated and stop playing because they put a lot of effort into siege and learning the WvW ropes only to have the veteran players refuse to help them defend a T3 tower. That is very discouraging for a new player.

Edit: Also the Skirmish claim ticket max per week is pretty low compared to running PVE for currency. In WvW you are locked into a huge grind for the Diamond chest each week and although those who run WvW only can easily get the Diamond chest; it is really not casual friendly. I don't know how it compares to sPVP as I don't play it enough and have never been competitive in that mode to make an educated comparison. In the end, this is the feedback I receive from most players who loved WvW but kind of gave up.

WvW lacks mechanics, anything besides Ktain and blob afk in sructure huggin siege waiting to farm smaller groups are all the mechanics this game mode has...

WvW needs a decent structure, atm WvW doesnt even have a design or decent model to follow besides stack an ktrain smaller servers, still any further changes IMO can be only thinked after alliances system gets deployed and obverseved of what things it did broke and improved.

I'd hazard a guess that 20% of people "looking for fights" are doing that. But given the incessant talk about muh coverage, I'm just thinking people don't like losing. Which is actually perfectly reasonable, but just say that.

Although I'm sure a few are legitimately just protesting this nonsense by sitting out.

Archived