Swimsuits and UW skins - [Merged]

To take on DSD we'll need to be light and able to move swiftly. We can't go to the ocean depths wearing heavy armor suits, unless we're in a golem or something. So how comfortable are you with your character wearing bikinis and/or trunks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DG9u1Ql.jpg9AWEbNP.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Please no. Don't ruin the game. There are plenty of other MMORPGs out there where you can trot around in a bikini/miniskirt/[insert any other ridiculous piece of clothing that totally ruins the game atmosphere here]

Bunny ears, shoulder scarf, t3 human cultural bikini top, and apprentice pants mini-skirt are all part of the human female elementalist meta.

@obstinate giraffe.9276 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Please no. Don't ruin the game. There are plenty of other MMORPGs out there where you can trot around in a bikini/miniskirt/[insert any other ridiculous piece of clothing that totally ruins the game atmosphere here]

Bunny ears, shoulder scarf, t3 human cultural bikini top, and apprentice pants mini-skirt are all part of the human female elementalist meta.

Exactly my point as these ridiculous outfits have made their way into the game. Having played a lot of NCSOFT games, I would rather not have stuff like sunflower hats/racoon tails+underwear etc. No, but thank you.

Agree with running around in the Bitterfrost with swimming suits. But I still like the idea of swim suits. Any chance that the swim suit can be an outfit with it's own little slot(like mount customization) and areas that have water being able to activate the slot(like no gliding zones cept in reverse).

Hmmm yes I absolutely agree.

puts on frilly magical-girl skirt and chubby dolphinman backpack and rides off on gigantic bunny

Have you not seen the hundreds of Charr running around with Goku hair and 15 different infusion effects and giant wings creating an obnoxious ball of light and particles of every color? All flying atop ridiculous cosmic galaxy griffons and scifi Mass Effect bunnies?

Please tell me more about ruining the atmosphere...

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

Exactly my point as these ridiculous outfits have made their way into the game. Having played a lot of NCSOFT games, I would rather not have stuff like sunflower hats/racoon tails+underwear etc. No, but thank you.

No one is forcing you to wear them. You may continue wearing your prim and proper chastity suit covering every square inch of skin if you want. Other people want to dress differently. Other people as in: it's their body to do with as they please.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

Too late any sort of "artistic vision" this game had died long ago. Might as well go all out and give people what they want. Besides there are people (like myself) that ENJOY revealing outfits even if it's just innocent bikinis or speedos for the guys. Just because you don't doesn't mean you should deprive everyone the opportunity to have such things. See:

@Xenon.4537 said:

Have you not seen the hundreds of Charr running around with Goku hair and 15 different infusion effects and giant wings creating an obnoxious ball of light and particles of every color? All flying atop ridiculous cosmic galaxy griffons and scifi Mass Effect bunnies?

Please tell me more about ruining the atmosphere...

What's ruining the game for me is the game rating 12 and up and parent pressure. There is absolutely no logical reason for Anet to have created only one true short skirt for the whole game other than rating and parent pressure. GW 1 got away with skimpy armor for more than 10 year so please spare me the it's inappropriate philosophy.

Bikini aside it would be nice to see underwater diving outfits that would switch on as you dive, which of course would make it more natural than diving with a full armor. B)

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:What's ruining the game for me is the game rating 12 and up and parent pressure. There is absolutely no logical reason for Anet to have created only one true short skirt for the whole game other than rating and parent pressure. GW 1 got away with skimpy armor for more than 10 year so please spare me the it's inappropriate philosophy.

Bikini aside it would be nice to see underwater diving outfits that would switch on as you dive, which of course would make it more natural than diving with a full armor. B)

They would do well to take the age rating up a notch

@"Cyrin.1035" said:To take on DSD we'll need to be light and able to move swiftly. We can't go to the ocean depths wearing heavy armor suits, unless we're in a golem or something. So how comfortable are you with your character wearing bikinis and/or trunks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DG9u1Ql.jpg9AWEbNP.jpg

I don't know if you drew this yourself, but thumbs up I loved the first one so much I made it my new wallpaper. B)

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:To take on DSD we'll need to be light and able to move swiftly. We can't go to the ocean depths wearing heavy armor suits, unless we're in a golem or something. So how comfortable are you with your character wearing bikinis and/or trunks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DG9u1Ql.jpg9AWEbNP.jpg

I don't know if you drew this yourself, but thumbs up I loved the first one so much I made it my new wallpaper. B)

Yeah it's awesome. Here are the artists for both images:

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Guild-Wars-2-Summer-Madness-310466939https://thalbachin.deviantart.com/art/Tyrian-Swimsuit-Calendar-Smiling-Scythe-451480888

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:What's ruining the game for me is the game rating 12 and up and parent pressure. There is absolutely no logical reason for Anet to have created only one true short skirt for the whole game other than rating and parent pressure. GW 1 got away with skimpy armor for more than 10 year so please spare me the it's inappropriate philosophy.

Nonsense.

TERA is also 12+ and has tonics that let you walk around in actual lingerie, visible to everbody. Blade & Soul is 12+ and has some very skimpy outfit; not to mention the overly sexualized species you can play there. There are a ton of other examples. Adding some decent bikinis really wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not like people want to run around like a lady of the night.

@Raizel.8175 said:

Nonsense.

TERA is also 12+ and has tonics that let you walk around in actual lingerie, visible to everbody. Blade & Soul is 12+ and has some very skimpy outfit; not to mention the overly sexualized species you can play there. There are a ton of other examples. Adding some decent bikinis really wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not like people want to run around like a lady of the night.

TERA and Blade & Soul are both M (17+) here in the US.

@Raizel.8175 said:

Nonsense.

In that case Anet has no excuse and would be trashing money not to

In protest we should all fight in underwear no armor and die by the thousands. I wonder what NC.Soft would think seeing a few hundreds of us in bathing suit or underwear. :p I would probably get banned... wait for it, I see a DEV coming, OK hide. :oIf they ask you where I am tell them I'm at Southsun Cove hiding under the sun. B)

• 11 months later...

A game i played long ago had tough times. What devs did was adding small stat(1 line of stat) to underwear/swimsuits. E.g. +20 power or +20 crits etc.Then they add a way to farm those new undies with default skin, that was looking more of like potato in game . Then they added design lingerins/swimwears with stats to RNG boxes, making them tradable, so if you get duplicates or unwanted stats you could sell/trade.Game didn't became p2w as anyone could farm for default with stats undies but broth in a good cash flow from rng boxes sales..Do I have to say that undies with stats became meta, tho you could have default one with stats but everyone wanted designed once.