Renegade actually useful now in wvw?

Kenshu.3825

The spirits will continue to be useless due to how easy it is to cc/kill them. If you mean the shortbow changes, none of them look significant enough to bother using it, that and it has 900 range, same as a scourge's sand shades. Have fun bathing in condi hell if you plan on using that thing in wvw.

The one impactful change might be resistance now corrupting into chill instead of immobilize.

@SirTomato.3627 said:On a paper it's a really good buff. But it need some time to say how good it will perform.

Also, Pulsating Pestilence now transfers conditions instead of copy. It's a really good reason to use corruption spec in all pvp gamemodes.

People is reporting Pulsating Pestilence to be bugged tho. Is that accurate?

@Kossuth.2168 said:

@SirTomato.3627 said:On a paper it's a really good buff. But it need some time to say how good it will perform.

Also, Pulsating Pestilence now transfers conditions instead of copy. It's a really good reason to use corruption spec in all pvp gamemodes.

People is reporting Pulsating Pestilence to be bugged tho. Is that accurate?

Yes it’s bugged, for me it has only worked a couple of times. Mostly only copies, not transfer

I am curious what a Salvation-Invocation-Corruption Mallyx/Ventari Rev could be capable of. I was playing with it earlier in Minstrel's gear since that's what I have, but I could also see Apothecary's working for it. Was hard to tell how effective I was since I was just running with a tag, but I wonder if it has any potential. Probably not, but any core Rev build excites me by default. Regardless, I was definitely really enjoying the new change to Pulsating Pestilence. 4 potential condis removed per swap (Cleansing Channel too) is quite impressive, and the transfer is sweet.

Edit: The transfer was working properly, but I noticed the tooltip still said "Conditions Copied: 3."

I just tested Pulsating Pestilence on the risen in Orr. The radius is small (Anet, please at least make it 300 instead of the current 240), but that isn't the issue. I found one mob which could inflict a condition which I wouldn't be able to apply to it in any way other than by copying/transferring, in this case it was cripple. Sometimes, if I was moving around, the condition would not be applied to the mob. This might be due to latency because I didn't notice the same thing happening when the mob and I were standing in place. What was consistent, however, is that every time I managed to inflict cripple on the mob, it was not removed from me; the condition was copied and not transferred.

As a side note, it's pretty strange that this is happening because I remember trying this trait out right after the update went live and I was transferring poison back to the beetles in Sandswept Isles. Either I wasn't understanding what I was seeing or Pulsating Pestilence was just broken by the small bug fix Anet applied after the update.

Archived