Shrine Guardian Jackal Skin

Big props to anet! I really love this fantasy styled skin, it's really well done.Only issue I noticed is that the dye of the movement ability is slightly red at the very start instead of the dyed colour

Edit: really appreciated that we are able to get it in 2 ways! You can choose if you want to gamble to get it + other stuff that comes from the black lion chest or directly buy it. Thanks a lot!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Blocki.4931 said:

@DarthFurby.3970 said:Just a suggestion if your planning on opening the new black lion chests, or buying the mount, open the chests first as he is an uncommon reward. That was how I got mine.

Wow! This is the first time a 2K gem store skin has also been a BLC reward, isn't it?

I think so. Before you'd only get the minis of it

with my luck i am better off buying it directly, especially since the changes they did last with the BLC.

I hear you, Sorudo. Of the rng chest special items, I think I've only gotten one of the last several on my self-imposed 25 key attempt limit. 25 keys is 2100 gems, so I bought the gem amount that is over 2000, got one bundle of 5 keys just in case, got nothing special, so just went ahead and dropped the 2k on the mount. Would have been nice to have a gem surplus for a while, lol. Maybe I should have done a key run to see but I don't tend to easily get the special items (the recent focus is the only exception since, hmm, the Dwayna wings I think).

Now I just won't buy any keys or open any chests until the next 'season' of them because I'd be so annoyed if the new jackal dropped for me and just turned into a spare key.

I do wonder, any chance the jackal would eventually be available for statuettes?

I got the Shrine Guardian Jackal Skin after using 15 BLC keys. And not only that. Those 15 keys also gave me the advanced leather rack, 2 guaranteed wardrobe unlocks, a guaranteed weapon unlock, the exalted gloves skin and a few other things. I feel really lucky today :D

I am in love with the Shrine Guardian, he's so cute and a perfect fit for my guardian ^^

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Amaterasu!

Inari? I mean, I'm sure the similarity with Okami is deliberate, but it's a fox, right?

It looks great, but I'm confused: which Tyrian shrines are guarded by foxes? I was expecting
when I saw the title.

Amaterasu no Okami was always depicted as wolf and well.. one part of the shrine jackal depicts that fairly well. The mountfit itself is quite a well done combination of wolf and kyubi tbh and it's actually the first mountfit I actually bought. Good job ANet I guess. But they have to thank Okami (PS2) for that (at least in my case). One of the best games ever made. Good old PS2-times. Actual games, awesome library and no live-service-trash.

I actually got pretty lucky and had it drop from the 5 blc keys I bought, I really love how simple yet majestic the mount is. Of course I have a big soft spot of Okami and kitsune in general so that only made me like this mount even more. It makes me wonder if we will see other creatures like this if we ever go to Cantha for an expansion.

Even if the blc boxes are super rng it's nice having an option for the mount aside from straight buying it, so I hope that becomes a trend for new mounts going forward.

I got mega lucky and got it on my keyfarm character today. I really love the mount. I think it's my favorite out of almost all the other skins (and is definitely my favorite of the "premium" skins). I also very much appreciate the chance to get it as a drop from black lion chests.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Amaterasu!

Inari? I mean, I'm sure the similarity with Okami is deliberate, but it's a fox, right?

It looks great, but I'm confused: which Tyrian shrines are guarded by foxes? I was expecting
when I saw the title.

Amaterasu no Okami was always depicted as wolf and well.. one part of the shrine jackal depicts that fairly well. The mountfit itself is quite a well done combination of wolf and kyubi tbh and it's actually the first mountfit I actually bought. Good job ANet I guess. But they have to thank Okami (PS2) for that (at least in my case). One of the best games ever made. Good old PS2-times. Actual games, awesome library and no live-service-trash.

Well even though many people will recognise Kyuubi from Naruto or the wolf from the game Okami (which I haven't played, but I just saw what it looks like), I don't think ANet wanted to make a reference to these stories specifically ^^ I think this Jackal skin is no more than the original Kitsune from the japanese folklore, described as having up to nine tails when it ages - they are associated with the kami Inari, whose kitsune are white and often serve as guardians of his shrines.This explains the mount's name, but yeah we still have to find the link with Tyrian shrines (I'd have guessed they come from Cantha, like the Kirins from gw Factions).

Archived