Wonder if made tool kit and turrets get more connection.

Waya.2089

we knew tool kit skill 1 heal turrets,but did anyone really use it to heal turrets?if tool kit was design to be connect with turret skills,why dont made it more obvious.

figure out some idea that may get it work1.third hit of tool kit skill 1,not only heal turret but also speed up next rate of turret fire.2.third hit of tool kit skill 1,not only heal turret but also fire a Physical Projectile attack from turret to your target.each turret fire different skills ex.healing turret fire heal bolts to allies,flame turret fire burning bolts,etc.3 .tool kit got skill that made turrets active new overcharge skills.

what do you think?

I'd rather they divorce Toolkit from Turrets entirely. Having to take multiple utilities together would create a nightmare for balance (See Signet of the Ether and that's just a Heal.) Also, gameplay where you do nothing but whack a clump of turrets is probably something that shouldn't be encouraged.

The biggest problem with turrets is the number of slots they monopolize to run, and their general lack luster performance. They're not durable enough, or even dangerous enough, to justify their lack of mobility and long cool downs. if we've learned anything from Ranger spirits, its that anything thats immobile has to be considered disposable.... and disposables have to be available frequently to reposition as needed. The Ritualist (which Engie turrets are based on) had an entire skill dedicated to moving spirits around, so they could maintain their higher cool downs and lingering effects. The intent (as far as I can tell) was to make sure binding spirits had a fixed up time, and losing or sacrificing them forced you to have a coverage gap.

At one point ranger spirits could be made mobile, and this increased their coverage massively when alive. I don't know why exactly.... but they ended up changing spirits by killing that trait, and dropping the cool down lower then their uptime, giving you the ability to reposition them without losing coverage. It also has the side benefit of being able to replace them if lost before they expire. However- I consider this a doubled edged sword, because it forces the ranger to be pure back line if they want to keep the spirits out of danger..... but doing so means its short effect range might not reach the front. If the ranger is mid-range or melee, it forces them to get out of position to drop a spirit, then get back into position for combat. If the Pet AI was better, this could be addressed via self-movement.... but its potato, and thus we have to assume its vulnerable to anything that attacks the ranger, but lacks any of the numerous defenses to deal with it.

When you compare these things, its no wonder Gyros are a slight improvement over turrets, but neither comes close to the sheer utility offered by their Tool belt skills.

Archived