Lack of communication between developers and its player base.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel like there is a lack of communication on the whole. The game doesn't even have public test servers like wow does. It usually results in patches hitting followed by emergency patches for various reasons to fix unintended consequences. I dunno why they are so tight liped to be honest, they seem to be very concerned with keeping secrecy in their development, which is understandable since other mmos tend to copy and reappropriate content.

Public test servers wouldn’t really accomplish much to be worth it. Players on a whole are terrible at providing detailed reports which tend to fall along the lines: “X is broke; fix it!”.

What works fine on test servers doesn’t necessarily means it will work fine on the live servers. This is easy to see with some bugs we’ve gotten once a patch hits which would have been difficult to miss when testing.

They are tight lipped about future content/releases because of the players. You have people that still to this day hold the manifesto over their heads. You also have people who still hold that 2013 roadmap over their heads. You have people that are incapable of telling the difference between a promise and intention/plan. You have people that hold Anet to a higher standard than they would hold to themselves and those that they know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LucianDK.8615 said:Loud minority is loud minority. Most players doesnt go to the forums at all.

This is absolutely true. Personally I didn't start coming here until a few days after I got PoF, even though I played off and on (Mostly off) for years. Most of the forum topics on here are about PVPers complaining about balance, over and over, because they came up against a class they couldn't just steamroll.

And, ANet is mostly quiet on THOSE posts.

Archived