cheaper infusion "exploit?"

hello

i noticed something with the recent underwater content, namely the vendor.

the gist of the infusion upgrades is obviously: to get a X infusion, you need 2 'X-1' infusions and 4s 48c (see the 5th tab). this increases the cost rapidly the higher up the infusion tree you want to go. now here is the bug, when you look at the first tab and think a bit about the price of the +12 infusion, you notice something.if you go trough the 5th tab to get to a +12 infusion you will need to spend 4s 48c twice to get the 2 '+11' infusions (total so far 8s 96c) and then another 4s 48c to combine the 2 '+11' infusions into a '+12' infusion (so now the total is 13s 44c).compare this to the price on the first tab where you can get a '+12' infusion for the same amount of '+10' infusions, BUT for only 8s 96c

am i wrong/blind/bad at math? or is this inconsistent?

bottom line this would mean that in stead of 46,976g 16s 00c in upgrade fee's to get a '+30' infusion the regular way (as well as the 1,048,576 '+10' infusions), it would cost "only":35,232g 10s 88c to get a '+30' infusion using the '+12' infusion "exploit?"29,360g 08s 32c using the '+13' infusion method26,424g 07s 04c using the '+14' infusion method24,956g 06s 40c using the '+15' infusion method

aka if you use the cheapest "exploit?" you can save over 22k gold to get your very own +30 underwater swim speed infusion, that is almost half the price! (not counting the price of the '+10' infusions you need)

also the price for this infusion is pretty big, but that is just my opinion, not a bug.

i did the math here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15AnFt7VYRkmeX8SbvQ-rKg7m1a0d7cVrDX_8MTZlhIA/edit?usp=sharinglook under the "underwater infusion cost" tab

is this working as intended? or a bug?

~Cytos

@atheria.2837 said:

@Trae.2384 said:Dude that is an absurd amount of gold to swim fast, WOW

We have millionaires playing the game...

Now the game is literally pay to play and the poorer players will not do as well as others.

Elitism is creeping into GW2, isn't that what basically destroyed GW1?

Elitism didn't destroy GW1. GW1 is still around and active, there are various theories about GW1. One being, the introduction of heroes but that is another player theory.

keep in mind i don't think the differences will be that great for one (between a +30 and a +29), and 2 the fact they gate travel speed like this behind such a massive amount of currency prolly means it wont be relevant for any important content in the near future, until they change the system again

@Cyto.9401 said:keep in mind i don't think the differences will be that great for one (between a +30 and a +29), and 2 the fact they gate travel speed like this behind such a massive amount of currency prolly means it wont be relevant for any important content in the near future, until they change the system again

The point is cost, not the difference in swimming speed.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Cyto.9401 said:keep in mind i don't think the differences will be that great for one (between a +30 and a +29), and 2 the fact they gate travel speed like this behind such a massive amount of currency prolly means it wont be relevant for any important content in the near future, until they change the system again

The point is cost, not the difference in swimming speed.

i guess what i was trying to say was that its a very long endgame progression system with a very shallow reward. something for the really big whales to strive for. if this massive price is by design, and i suspect it is, it could take a ton of gold out of the game currently in the pockets of people with thousands upon thousands of gold, even though just getting a +15 will likely not make you that much slower then one of those whales with a +30

regardless though, the bug is the price inconsistency between tab 1 and 5, not the massive amount of money required to get a +30

@"atheria.2837" said:We have millionaires playing the game...Now the game is literally pay to play and the poorer players will not do as well as others.Elitism is creeping into GW2, isn't that what basically destroyed GW1?

No, because GW1 was never pay2play, so what "GW1 elitism" are you talking about?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"atheria.2837" said:We have millionaires playing the game...Now the game is literally pay to play and the poorer players will not do as well as others.Elitism is creeping into GW2, isn't that what basically destroyed GW1?

No, because GW1 was never pay2play, so what "GW1 elitism" are you talking about?

WvW elitism - "the selectivity of the elite; especially : snobbery elitism in choosing new members" not by their skills but by their stats and builds.

Elitism is here already. Now, it will become worse with these infusions which many can't even understand, as already discussed.

@atheria.2837 said:

@atheria.2837 said:We have millionaires playing the game...Now the game is literally pay to play and the poorer players will not do as well as others.Elitism is creeping into GW2, isn't that what basically destroyed GW1?

WvW elitism - "the selectivity of the elite; especially : snobbery elitism in choosing new members" not by their skills but by their stats and builds.

There was no WvW in GW1.

Elitism is here already. Now, it will become worse with these infusions which many can't even understand, as already discussed.

Yes, you are talking about GW2. Still doesn't answer my question about GW1.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Trae.2384 said:Dude that is an absurd amount of gold to swim fast, WOW

We have millionaires playing the game...

Now the game is literally pay to play and the poorer players will not do as well as others.

Elitism is creeping into GW2, isn't that what basically destroyed GW1?

i got booted from a fractal for not having 30+ swim infusion as it was the underwater fractal and everyone in the party linked theirs...it was the worst. when we started the fractal they all said link breathers and since i linked my breather and it didn't have the infusion they all left and called me a noob. lol gotta love anet for the water changes.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

No, because GW1 was never pay2play,It totally was "Pay to Play." Free accounts for GW1 to this day do not exist.

Archived