How Do I Disable Gliding

I'm beyond fed up failing JPs because I accidentally leave my finger on the spacebar a fraction too long and the damned glider kicks in.

How do I block that action when gliding isn't disabled in a JP? I can't see any keybind option to prevent it.

@Kraggy.4169 said:I'm beyond fed up failing JPs because I accidentally leave my finger on the spacebar a fraction too long and the damned glider kicks in.

How do I block that action when gliding isn't disabled in a JP? I can't see any keybind option to prevent it.

There are two ways to disable gliding: go to no gliding zones/jumping puzzles or unbind the jump key.

• Confused 1

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:You can't separate the keybinds for Jump and Activate Glider, unfortunately.

That's the problem!

@Hoodie.1045 said:There are two ways to disable gliding: go to no gliding zones/jumping puzzles or unbind the jump key.

Not really a helpful suggestion for those JPs where gliding isn't disabled, really .. and unbinding the Jump key is great advice for doing JUMPING puzzles; thanks.

@Kraggy.4169 said:I'm beyond fed up failing JPs because I accidentally leave my finger on the spacebar a fraction too long and the damned glider kicks in.

You can't. The only thing you can do is to get used to it. It might take a while, but eventually you will learn how to jump without activating the glider (sometimes lag will still screw you over though).

• 3 years later...