magic find and convertor bags

Ive been putting off opening the Princess, Mawdrey II and Star of gratitude bags for months and as im taking a character to SW to open all my PvP and champ bags it occurred to me - are gunk covered pellet, generosity's reward and Gift from Mawdrey II affected by magic find, does anyone know?

Also does opening them on a level 50 ish character change what drops from them?

I know they mostly drop rubbish but I have heard of precursors dropping, ide rather not haul them to SW unless its worth it...

Thanks!

Magic find only affects specific types of containers, and champ bags and the loot bags from the material eaters are not among those. So, there's really no need to take any of those kinds of containers to SW to open them.

As for the level question, opening champ bags and such on a level 50ish character will give you items with mats that drop in those level areas. Those mats are worth more than the t5 mats you typically get from opening champ bags on a level 80. Opening them on a level 80 does give you the chance at precursors, but that chance is so low that it really shouldn't be factored into your choice of character level.

Thanks folks! I know some bags you still get access to all the higher level good stuff when opening on a 50 ( apart from named exotics and pre's??) with out a truckload of mithril but I can never remember which ones they are...

I still cant decide what level to open on, but im not dragging them to SW...

@Rococo.8347 said:Thanks folks! I know some bags you still get access to all the higher level good stuff when opening on a 50 ( apart from named exotics and pre's??) with out a truckload of mithril but I can never remember which ones they are...

I still cant decide what level to open on, but im not dragging them to SW...

I always open my SW bags on a level 53 and have gotten many level 80 named exotics (no pre's though, but that's probably just bad luck).

Archived