How do you earn Guild Favor as a 1 or 2 person Guild?

So my wife and I recently started playing, and I thought it would be nice to get a Guild for us so that we could use the Guild Vault to more easily share equipment that we craft/find. However, after creating the Guild last night I have discovered (thanks to the awesome Wiki you guys have) that the Guild Vault has to be purchased separately for 50G + 1000 Favor.
OK, fine. I can eventually save up the 50G, I've been doing reasonably well selling excess crafted items on the Trading Post, but how the heck is a 2-person Guild supposed to earn Favor? The only mechanism I saw on the wiki was Guild Missions, but all of those appear to require a minimum of 5 people to complete. Yet I have seen other posts on this forum about people setting up personal Guilds just to get a Guild Vault for extra storage. How is that accomplished? Is it even feasible when neither of us has a character above level 32 and neither of us are exactly power-gamer material?(We each have 2 level 80 boosters from buying the expansions, but that just feels like cheating and we like playing through the story.)

for the pve missions the recommended number is 5, but most of the guild missions can be done solo (the ones that don't have a required amount of players). treks can be done with 1 or 2 people with enough map completion done, and bounties can be done if you call in some help from map chat. though, I'd say you'd need at least 1 level 80, because some of the treks go into Orr. also you might want to switch your mission preference to PVE only to get only PVE missions show up every day, which gives you more of a chance at getting ones that can be done with 1 or 2.

if you use the wiki, you could easily do the 5 spot trek and if you got ssd's and are a bit experience, also the 15 spot one.Single bounty is easy too, there are only 3 possible targets, all with a short path and it only require 3-4 people to do it easily. Just do it on prime time, locate the bounty, say something in map and put a tag on and you have more then enough people to go for the kill.Races can be shared with other guilds. So just check the locations regularly for guilds running them succesfully and finish it. You can activate the mission after finishing and talking to the npc to claim reward. If it is the same race for different amounts of people finished, just claim the hardest first and then the easier one(s)

@DragonForHire.3621 said:So my wife and I recently started playing, and I thought it would be nice to get a Guild for us so that we could use the Guild Vault to more easily share equipment that we craft/find. However, after creating the Guild last night I have discovered (thanks to the awesome Wiki you guys have) that the Guild Vault has to be purchased separately for 50G + 1000 Favor.

For the record, you will find this is a constant struggle, not a source of enjoyment. GW2 guilds are not designed for small groups, they are designed for 20-50 people minimum to be contributing. Unfortunate, but true.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:if you use the wiki, you could easily do the 5 spot trek and if you got ssd's and are a bit experience, also the 15 spot one.Single bounty is easy too, there are only 3 possible targets, all with a short path and it only require 3-4 people to do it easily. Just do it on prime time, locate the bounty, say something in map and put a tag on and you have more then enough people to go for the kill.Races can be shared with other guilds. So just check the locations regularly for guilds running them succesfully and finish it. You can activate the mission after finishing and talking to the npc to claim reward. If it is the same race for different amounts of people finished, just claim the hardest first and then the easier one(s)

This right here.

I'm part of a two man guild and we just reached a level 27 guild hall. Two people can do the easy trek, just check the wiki for the location list and have at it. The easy bounty just needs a call out in map chat for a bit of extra dps. Races are hit and miss because you need to find one active to join, and the right amount of people need to finish the race, but they are doable too.

The guild hall claim we got done by listing in LFG and offering a cash reward of two gold per volunteer ... we had a group in about fifteen minutes.

Its a long term project for sure, but it can certainly be done.

Archived