What is your login and activity routine?

I'm kindof at a loss as to what to do now that my mastery points are all filled up. Crafting Legendaries and Ascended gear seems like a rather overwhelming task that I am far behind on to the point that I don't know if I want to bother with it. I don't PVP, so that's out.

What do you long time players do when you log in each day? What is your routine?

@Martimus.6027 said:I'm kindof at a loss as to what to do now that my mastery points are all filled up. Crafting Legendaries and Ascended gear seems like a rather overwhelming task that I am far behind on to the point that I don't know if I want to bother with it. I don't PVP, so that's out.

What do you long time players do when you log in each day? What is your routine?

Fractals, 1 or 2 WBs like teq/shatt. Then some map completion while queuing for pvp. If I have more time, look for a bounty train or get involved with guild activities.

I am rather boring, I usually sit and stare at the trading post after doing a Freshwater Pearl run.

I d have two accounts, and one my second account I do even less. The 80's on it gather flax, and everyone else on it is parked on a permanent iron node to mine.

I used to do all the fractal dailies and recs, but finding a group consistently each night was a drag, so if I really feel like doing something other than crunch gold numbers, I'll do big meta events like DS or Istan.

Lately, I've been doing map complete on characters I never play, as a way to connect with them, and to "rediscover" the game. It's been fun.

4 amPicking the three easiest main-dailies, checking the WvWvW dailies for Master of Monuments, land claimer, veteran killer, big spender or dolyak slayer. Entering WvWvW and doing the selected dailies. Hoping no farmers are on the maps, which is usually the case. The guys who play arround that time also only want to get their dailies done. The atmosphere is peaceful enough, that we take turns at the monuments waiting for eachother to complete the daily ^^ (except for hollidays in[country] and you are teamed against any [country] server).

Heading to the guildhall, gathering our nodes. Proceeding to the scribe station, using the Spearmarshal's Plea with 3 x 25 Eyes of Kormir. For each charge, you receive a Sunspear Redemption Wish (loot container) which has a rare chance for a Mini Goddess Kormir worth 5g+ and a good chance for a couple of free Unidentified Gear Containers. The instant I am done with this, I open TP and order 75 new Eyes of Kormir. Next I grab my Ley Energy Converter and use it for Chak Acid or any key I need. Depending on my stocks of Airship Parts or Lumps of Aurillium, I convert them for Ley Energy Crystals.

Then I head to the daily gather location. Nah. I try to find a daily gather location, once that task is done (4 nodes withing walk-range of a permanently accessible waypoint) I start writing the MoTD of my guild, with waypoint links and small discriptions of the three easiest/fastest dailies. Wiki is usually opened already for the chat-codes of the wapoints/vistas. So I type in PSNA and look up all six locations. Arround 4 am in the morning the list is not updated to just copy-paste, so I have to look up every location myself and create a chain with the wapoints. Once that is done, I change the date in the MoTD to today and copy-paste the new PSNA (aware that it will not be correct until the reset later in the morning). Then I execute all of the dailies I explained in the MoTD, by only using my discriptions to proofread and find typos. I usually switch directions a lot, that early in the morning XD (e.g. north-east with north-west).

Once the dailies are done and the MoTD is corrected, I head to Pagga's Waypoint in Malchors Leap and grab one of the Gathering banners which are usually stationed next to the waypoint. Then I head for Rata Sum and do my gathering nodes in my home-instance. Once that is done, I head to Jakka Itzel and dive down to the flax spot, gather there. Then I use the Lily of Elon Invitation and relog on my other 6 gathering characters which are geared for flax farming (consortium sickle, gathering booster, gathering banner, guildhall gathering buff. I can make ~ 6 gold in two days just from that small flax routine, which is done in < 5 minutes.

Then I relog on my main, salvage my loot and sort my gathered stuff. LS3/4 currencies go into a certain bank tab, the rest into storage. If the storage is full, I check the material in question. If the price on TP is < 10s, I sell the whole stack on TP for a few extra golds. If the price is higher, I move the stack into my personal guildbank until I have use for it. I also check my gold-counter if it is above 200. If it is 210 or higher, I put 10 g into my guildbank (for special projects/completing legendary weapon/guildhall decorations). 200 is my save-border, just in case I need lots of cash quickly.

Then I run through the current PSNA for the mapping bonus items. Now I start my karma tour (requires all LS3 maps unlocked and the portal-tome):

• Bloodstone Fen: Magic Gatherer + Aerial Skill User - I just start at Zealot Waypoint, use my skills at the leylines till I reach diving goggles and dive down for the magic
  • Ember Bay: Magic Gatherer
  • Bitterfrost Frontier: Berry Aquisition (already done with my home instance node), Magic Gatherer, Torch in The Ice - both can be done near Sorrow Eclipse Waypoint
  • Lake Doric: Magic Gatherer + Peach a Day - Starting from RLR waypoint, with griffon and 3-5 jumps I end at the tree, then drop down and walk in circle for the magic
  • Draconis Mons: Volcanic Diver, Magic Gatherer and Orchid Posy - gatherer can be done using the tubes from Marriner Landing up to the HH waypoint
  • Sirens Landing: Oyster Gatherer, Magic Gatherer - Magic with rabbit mount at the ruins near the spawnpoint, Oysters patrolling the beach with a skimmer (north)

Depending on your luck with the dailies and your speed, you can get the whole tour done in < 10 min with a loot of 20k+ karma. Why the karma? PSNA mapping items.

It looks long and complicated, but I adjusted each part over months. For me it is mostly a brain-afk routine. I do it to wake up, while eating breakfast. ^^

I must admit, I'm in a situation I never thought I would ever face in the Guild Wars franchise- I do not log in daily anymore. Seeing most people I know in RL having stoped playing the game (and most them never really ever got into endgame anyway) ain't motivating at first. But also when I look what's to do ingame, things don't get better.Fractals? Done them so often that I just don't care doing them regulary anymore, esp. after A.Nets new approach making them "mini raids", resulting in plain frustration/time waster when lfg-rng does not bless you with competent ppl resulting in a smooth run but plagues you with not-so-good players making them tedious and anoying. So when I see some of the harder levels being daily- I simply don't do them anymore.Dungeons is pretty much the same, done them so often already. Still do them every now and then, but it's nothing that keeps me loging in.Open world? Never understood the appeal of playing there, it's fun the first 1-2x I'm playing those areas and completing them, but they don't offer anything that would keep me interesting in playing there. E. g. repeated map completion is more like a dull chore for me instead of fun. Meta events? Zerg content never appealed to me since it always gives me the feeling that individual contribution is totally irrelevant.Raids? Did a few, but being forced to get certain roles covered + finding 9 instead of 4 likeminded people is way too much time consuming so I simply stoped careing about it. Which is pretty sad since challenging small-scale content is what I usually really enjoy.PvP doesn't appeal to me, so scratch that from the list aswell.Legendaries... well, 98% of them don't appeal visually for me or are weapons that are rather useless or only for niche builds/situations. Also the rng involved getting the right precursor is just nothing for me. Buying them or doing them by collections is no option for me since buying doesn't feel any rewarding and the collections- oh boy, even more stupid open world grind and in the end as expensive as buying them directly- no thanks.

tl;dr: no daily routine since I don't play daily anymore, in fact I find myself playing GW2 less and less since I'm at a point where I don't find anything fun to do regulary.

Dailies, then LS3 dailies, then crafting anything time-gated for 1/day, then if I have any time left map completion or whatever comes up. Weekends are more open, where I can spend some proper time to level an alt or do fractals/pvp.

Beta player here, all my characters are maxed so I don't have to collect stuff for gear anymore.First I log in to my secondary account for login rewards, sell whatever I can and send the Gold to my main. Then I log in to my main account, do PvP for the daily 2 Gold (and reward track), then I do GH/Palawadan for Gold every 2 hours (I collect skins and other Gem Store stuff so I make some Gold every day and turn it into Gems). When it's not Palawadan hour, I either help guildies or log off to rest my eyes.

Optional/occasional things I do: check LFG and help people do story mode dungeons and/or do random metas just for fun (HoT ones mostly). Sometimes I even do the SW meta when I'm in the mood but I kind of got bored of it after farming it for 3 years... :)Also, I do my weekly Key run every Monday.

I do my PvP daily, run around doing map completion and sometimes queue up for more PvP while doing that, occasionally roam around in wvw, sometimes join in on guild missions and fractals, sometimes gather my home instance, and mostly just run around doing nothing lol.

I also do fashion Wars quite a bit with my characters, but I don't stick to a schedule.

I don't really have a routine, what I do depends on which of my long-term goals I'm currently working on and what I feel like doing that day. At the moment my main focus is making a legendary, so it's mostly either collecting materials or map completion depending on what mood I'm in. I've also been doing WvW recently to get ascended trinkets with HoT stats for an alt, and I have some characters I'm still levelling so if I want a change of pace (or profession) I play one of them.

I collect my daily log in box, and sometimes times log off because I have to go to work, haha. I have been doing the 10 daily krait kills for the key at the moments to finish the Freebooter Achievement. This usually means I log in twice a day, once very briefly before work, and later in the evening to get other stuff done, if I can be bothered.I don't do my daily anymore either, because I have capped my AP for it, 2g is nice, but cba.

Daily T4 fractals, and CMs if I can be bothered/have time.I then check what big meta event is due to come up, for a daily Amalgamated Gemstone and a bit of loot (Verdant Brink - Matriarch, Auric Basin Save Tarir, Chak Gerent) I don't do Dragon Stand.I also check what events I can chain (Go from VB night boss, straight to Pinata, then to TD for Gerent, then a short wait for AB meta).Briefly, zone into Malchors Leap to see if Dwayna/Lyssa is up for recapture, chance at an expensive drop.

If I have time to log them all;I gather the Elder Wood nodes I parked 3 toons at in Malchors Leap.I open the chests in Primeval Tombs with another 3 characters I have parked there.

More often than not, I just roam and see what I feel like doing. I have kitted all of my characters (9, one of each profession) out in Ascended Gear now, and have made all the legendaries I wanted so far. I have no 'long term goals' at the moment, so I can log in and freely do as I please.

I've been playing since the betas, and I have no idea what you're talking about. A routine? Why would I have that? I do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. The closest thing to a routine I have is make a new character, play it until I get bored of it, delete it, and rinse and repeat. Well and log on after the daily reset for the log-in rewards. But that's it.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:I've been playing since the betas, and I have no idea what you're talking about. A routine? Why would I have that? I do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. The closest thing to a routine I have is make a new character, play it until I get bored of it, delete it, and rinse and repeat. Well and log on after the daily reset for the log-in rewards. But that's it.

You don't have any idea what I'm talking about unlike literally everyone else posting above you. Why even post if you have no actual response to the topic?

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:I've been playing since the betas, and I have no idea what you're talking about. A routine? Why would I have that? I do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. The closest thing to a routine I have is make a new character, play it until I get bored of it, delete it, and rinse and repeat. Well and log on after the daily reset for the log-in rewards. But that's it.

You don't have any idea what I'm talking about unlike literally everyone else posting above you. Why even post if you have no actual response to the topic?

I have no idea why you would have a routine. I did give you an actual response which you would know if you read my full post and not just the first sentence.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

I have no idea why you would have a routine. I did give you an actual response which you would know if you read my full post and not just the first sentence.

Routines in games don't have to be something set in stone, they can be as open ended as the example you provided: log in for daily rewards and level an alt.

So instead of thinking of it as something that you do EVERY SINGLE DAY NO MATTER WHAT, YOU MUST STICK TO THE SCHEDULE OR THE WORLD WILL FALL APART, describe to us what your play sessions look like. What do you do to level the alts? What modes do you find yourself most often playing? Do do fractals? Boss train? Just what fills your play time?

@Martimus.6027 said:I'm kindof at a loss as to what to do now that my mastery points are all filled up. Crafting Legendaries and Ascended gear seems like a rather overwhelming task that I am far behind on to the point that I don't know if I want to bother with it. I don't PVP, so that's out.

The only thing I always do is my dailies, as that's a quick 2g. From there I tend to mix it up depending on how much free time I've got. If I don't have long then my routine might just be whatever world boss is about to spawn, and maybe I'll quickly WP to see if Eye or Orge Wars etc are up.

If I have 1hr+ to spare, then I'll normally do either fractal dailies, HoT metas, a boss train, or some WvW. But other times I'll just chill out and wander around the world enjoying the sites and seeing who I come across, helping other players if they want is always enjoyable too.

I know you mention you don't PvP, and I'm the same, but it might be worth giving WvW a go if you haven't. I initially avoided it due to the not liking the PvP element, but it isn't as scary as you think, and it can be really fun and give a lot more variety to your gameplay routine.

It was frustrating at first as I didn't understand much about the mode, but if there's an open tag about then just join that, follow the zerg and you'll learn a lot quickly by doing that. It might take a few different days of doing that for a few hours to get a real feel for it, but it's really worth doing, as once you're past that initial fear/non understanding/fustration of the mode, then it really becomes enjoyable and can give you more variety. (incidently I don't run a meta build/meta gear etc, so you definitely don't need anything like that to have fun in WvW).

Once you're used to it and get a bit of confidence in it, then you can enjoy a bit of solo roaming flipping small camps etc controlled by PvE type enemies, just keep your eyes out and run if you see enemy players which you don't want to fight. That can be quite satisfying and a bit different as you need to be more cautious sneaking behind enemy lines and always looking for enemy players to avoid, it can feel quite tense at times. Just accept that every now and then you will get it wrong and die xD

Right now? Log-in, collect chest, "long" logging run on my 4 characters (Malchor's+Straits for 220-250+ Elder Wood Logs, depending on node concentration), craft daily recipes, fuse quartz crystal, gather GH and home nodes, do daily if I can and log out. Wait an hour or two for the wood nodes to respawn, log-in, gather, refine, sell, repeat. It's such easy money, I can get around 3.5g an hour (70-90 Elder Wood Planks) with about 15 minutes of braindead gathering. I'm doing three long-term goals in-game right now: Bifrost collection (need a ton of spiritwood for the first craft to unlock the lvl 2 collection), Mawdrey (hence the quartz) and ascended armor (hence the daily recipes). The reason why I love this so much is because I'm working on a real-life goal right now (my second MA thesis) and I can easily work on that and just take a break for 15 minutes every hour or every other hour if I really get going, and still make decent money in-game with a very small time commitment.

Otherwise, like some other people have said, I don't really have a routine, I do the daily and if I feel like it, the daily fracs, then just go out and smell the roses. What I stuck to when I had more time was a kind of "rule" that I want to unlock/complete something that I didn't have before each day, i.e. a completed map on any character that doesn't have that map yet, a Jumping Puzzle, Explorer achievement, Dungeon path, completed story step etc., kind of like my "personal" Daily. I usually make the Daily meta-achievement "work for me", i.e. every time there's a Daily Dungeon path, I try to complete all the paths I'm still missing for the Dungeon Master achievement (though with Arah I sadly failed that day due to lack of time and patient players, lol), if there's a Daily map Event Completer", I try to 100% that particular map, and so on.

I stopped playing in 2013 but came back in early 2018, so I have a lot of catching up to do and this "rule" helped me feel like I'm slowly chewing through it without it feeling overwhelming. The mistake I made back in 2013 that ended up causing me to stop playing was that I immediately started grinding for a Legendary weapon and I had a very narrow experience of what the game has on offer. I vowed not to repeat that mistake again, especially in a game that has so much content.

If I'm not leveling a character or just feeling like it, I'll do Dredgehaunt, Timberline/Sparkfly and/or Orr logging circuits; spend about an hour in Bitterfrost with my current parked character to farm karma and do the dailies if I haven't (T3 Karmic there, noticable during Jormag's Fury); do bartering for certain thresholds leading to Twilight*; world bosses I haven't slain...

And if it's a new week and I feel like it, make a keyrunner and/or get a new character to finish chapter 1 of personal story for the weekly key**. If I can do daily achiever without spending too much time, I'll get it done (or if my timeschedule permits).

(*I'm not the kind of person who would grind hours for the mats or other things. I tend to burn out because of this. I've learned that lesson before, and it's not here.)(**Sometimes I won't do a new key if I don't feel like vacating a character slot. And sometimes I do new characters but don't wait for the week to turn. Whether I get the Lv.10 key or not is just a matter of timing)

I log in sometime before reset, chat with the guild until reset, do dailies as fast as I can, including checking the guild trader, the karmic converter and the ley-energy matter converter. Then I open up my home instance (which is complete) for the guild to farm, sometimes we get three or four full parties, but most of the time just two. Then I do whatever I'm doing currently..because I always have a project on the go.

However, most often I'm helping guildies with stuff they need before I get to my stuff. Yesterday I ended up running a couple of paths of AC for example, completely out of the blue. Today I helped a guildie get his elite spec unlocked in HoT. Again, not planned, but you know, I'm flexible.

No routine. I might have a goal I'm working on, if not or I cba with doing it, I just mess around with an alt on a map they've haven't 100%

Best advice is, if you can't find anything to do...don;t play that day. There is nothing worse than forcing yourself to play just because you feel you need to do something. That's a surefire way to kill the fun and interest in a game. It is rare I am ever in that situation with GW2, but I have 2 other MMO's that I only play when I genuinely want to, regardless of how far behind I am getting in both.

My routine is pretty much:

• Log in all family accounts for login reward - I strive to do this every day.
  • If I have 20 min or so, log through the characters parked at farming spots. (Rather slow loading computer). If there's three fast dailies, do them.
  • If we have time to actually play, we usually work on some project - map completion, something for the legendary we're working on, story, etc. Round off game night with Home Instance (we have nodes spread between our two main accounts) and GH gathering.

Currently for me i mostly do raids and fractals when log in and when there is no activity on those two fronts i just choose a few interesting projects from the achievement panel and finish them in a relaxed way. There is so variety in the achievement panel that you do not even need to think about it much. The collection and achievement chain will take you throughout the world quite nicely.

BTW if you do not have aciended and legendary items then you should go for it. It might seem like a log ride but they are not tough to actually do and the fact that they are long term goals will allow you to always wander the world with a goal .I would start with those.

Archived