What is your login and activity routine?

Log in, collect home instance nodes, collect guild hall nodes, do PvP dailies or WvW dailies (I'm aiming for legendaries, have the recipes but not the materials). If I'm tired of WvW or PvP and have time, I log on to one of my alts and try to level them up (PvE) or their personal story.

Login get the dailies, WvW or fractals. Chat with some friends and guildies to join or start something otherwise just logout (to other games if there's time.)

Honestly, there's grinding in every game just a matter of what. It's how you do it imo; casual or hardcore (I'm not sure if login everyday for dailies can be considered casual tho :tongue:). I prefer to play with friends or any group activity (making new in-game friends) and having a goal helps (achievement, something to work on like skins, map completion etc) in any game. If you're looking for single player games or a game with linear stuff to do, it's another genre and if I may recommend; give PS4 games a go.

1) Log in on my main1.1 Harvest home instance1.2 Harvest Guildhall1.3 Open world Dailies like Vistas or Gatherer. I don't bother with the Events, JPs or Dungeons for dailies anymore1.4 Craft time gated stuff like Mithrilium or Spiritwood2) Log to second char2.1 Gather provisioner tokens(another time gated thing)2.2 use eaters for what is available3) Log to third char(usually my PvP toon)3.1 Play 1-3 matches for dailies and pips4) Log back to main4.1 Do whatever is the new hype(daily Krait slayer at the time of writing)4.2 Farm something if I need something or do something I see as worthwhile(hunting a few APs, doing collections or metas)5) Log to fourth charDo some map completion or story if there's something new6) Time2Raid or back to PvP if there is a season running

I'd only go for a legendary if you really like the look of one. If not ascended is just as good and so much cheaper. On the other hand, going for a legendary should keep you occupied for 3-12 months(depending on how much you play of course).

@"Blocki.4931" said:Think about things to do, get excited, log back in, stare at characters for 30 minutes and don't play.

FeelsBadMan

That's exactly me. I'm just like "I'm going to be a hardcore raider!" 2 pugs later, given up. "I'm gonna get Fractal God. Real talk." 2 pugs later, asking myself what I'm doing with my life. "I want to farm a lot of gold to make a Gen 2 legendary!" 1 Palawadan and 2 GHs later, trying to find a reason to live. "I am dedicating myself to PvP from now on." 2 matches later, going to a gun shop to shoot myself in the head.

FeelsTemperamentalMan

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Think about things to do, get excited, log back in, stare at characters for 30 minutes and don't play.

FeelsBadMan

That's exactly me. I'm just like "I'm going to be a hardcore raider!" 2 pugs later, given up. "I'm gonna get Fractal God. Real talk." 2 pugs later, asking myself what I'm doing with my life. "I want to farm a lot of gold to make a Gen 2 legendary!" 1 Palawadan and 2 GHs later, trying to find a reason to live. "I am dedicating myself to PvP from now on." 2 matches later, going to a gun shop to shoot myself in the head.

FeelsTemperamentalMan

Is it that you believe they are too daunting a task and involve too much work, or is it that they just arne't fun and aren't maintaining your interest, or all of that at once?

@Martimus.6027 said:

FeelsBadMan

FeelsTemperamentalMan

Is it that you believe they are too daunting a task and involve too much work, or is it that they just arne't fun and aren't maintaining your interest, or all of that at once?

I just get to work like "This is going to be fun." but get bored quickly. This is why the only Legendary I have is Predator, after all these years.

Otherwise most of the tasks I pick sound fun. I also spend my gold so quickly, I mostly spend all of my money on BLC skins, outfits and stuff. But y'know, Fashion Wars rules.

At reset I get the dailies out of my way

Take camps for a dailyFlip keeps for a dailySlap yaks for a dailyWe play the game of dailies and AP

Well, and then it differs. I'm currently mostly playing WvW to get to rank 2000 for the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor but at other times I just do random things like leftover achievements I like to finish of earlier game content.

@"Martimus.6027" said:I'm kindof at a loss as to what to do now that my mastery points are all filled up. Crafting Legendaries and Ascended gear seems like a rather overwhelming task that I am far behind on to the point that I don't know if I want to bother with it. I don't PVP, so that's out.

What do you long time players do when you log in each day? What is your routine?

FWIW, you may find https://gw2efficiency.com/daily useful. Covers many of the few hundred rewarding, daily repeatable, things in the game. World bosses are not included, so you can do those too.

Archived