(PVP AFTER UPDATE) RANGER GOODBYE AGAIN

Velosth.4573

Have you played in PVP by chance after the update? Are you aware that something is wrong?I use my ranger for 4 years, I've always used it well in PVP, adapting to the new builds of the expansions, so much so that I made a hybrid Beastmaster Damage that until yesterday before the update worked.It has always worked wonders since POF arrived.I tell you that I'm not one who does pvp 1 time a year, my chronologies score 1-2 losses every 10 wins, I've always played happily, even in defeats.TODAY WHAT HAPPENS, THE CLASSES WERE UPDATED, IN 6 MATCHED MATCHES I FOUND ONLY AGAINST NEGROMANTS, ENGINEERS AND GUARDIAN, AND WERE THEY ARE REAL TORTURE, angering quite a lot like me who is sporty and calm.

Now it has become unplayable, the necromancers do so much destruction with the Sand Shade that it has become impossible to remain in the field of battle although I have all the countermeasures suitable to counter the other classes in my build, countermeasures that UNTIL YESTERS WORKED, there are Holosmith ENGINEERS ANYWHERE after the update, which cause an abominable amount of STUN and pushbackEven the dragon hunters, with whom I had first battled the last arrow, now have become an unprecedented power, I even had to modify my build, which was perfect already to make it better, BUT NOTHING, I HAVE RUINED THE DAY. Then they also write to me in chat that I MUST LEARN TO PLAY WITH A CLASS THAT WORKS BETTER, when until yesterday I was complimented and we exchanged felt "GG" .NOW I CAN NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY MY FAVORITE CLASS, ALWAYS UNDERSTANDING RANGER THAT BEFORE THIS UPDATE IT WAS BACK COMPETITIVE, NOW IS NEW DENIGRATE AND AVOIDED, PLEASE PLAY A RANKED, WATCH THE DIFFERENCE.

And do not write me things like "do you need to edit your build or use metabuild or how do you use the Ranger?" because with my Ranger I have something like 4000 hours of play and I have always adapted to the changes against everything and everyone UNTIL NOW.I build my builds, I do not copy them as if I were incapable of creating something of my own.And I repeat, they have always worked, until today, therefore, again ...GOODBYE RANGER.I hope you'll solve, this season had really taken me ... now it's ruined for someone like me who uses 90% ranger.

Um, you say you're sporty and calm but then in the same post unleash a spew of all caps rage lol.

@"Nighthawk.4687" said:You right, ranger is trash completely unplayable. My meme core ranger build that's no where to be found on meta battle loses all the time.
Here's a screen shot of how bad ranger is.https://imgur.com/bjIM3mB

Omg noob l2p.

(Please teach me your ways senpai)

@Velosth.4573You're dead wrong on this one. Soulbeast is very powerful right now and there actually is a Core Ranger spec that seriously abuses Ibolga so badly that I almost wrote a post about it yesterday. You need to reassess the new changes and experiment with new builds. If you think Ranger is bad right now, there is a lot you're missing.

~ I'll only give a hint to that Core build. It uses Destroyer amy. Read the skills on Ibolga carefully and you'll figure it out.

ranger is fine, the thing is, as you say you have to adapt builds to fit current meta. But not only that , you need to adapt playstyle and matchups aswell. I always crafted my own builds, and always had to learn what not to fight every new meta. I cant always expect to have the same winning matchups.I sometimes had that feeling like you described, but always in the end i found a build and playstyle that gave me good results . Give it more time and practise

Ranger is actually in a decent spot, u can play all specs (core, druid, sb). They are all more or less on the same lvl (sb might be the weakest of the three tho).We just don't have a braindead and brokenly overpowered build anymore like all the other meta builds, that's why ranger seems weak at the moment. If Anet could just nerf them finally but I guess they are doing baby steps.....

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Ranger/Soulbeast is finally in a good spot for the first time after PoF.

And we all know iboga will be nerfed, gimmicks (and most likely bugged pets) that keep ranger in a specific meta doesn't mean the class itself is meta. just saying. I'm pretty sure you may know this already from the gazelle situation.

When Iboga is nerfed, the build will be sub-par and ranger will fall back out - again.

SB is actually very strong right now. The unblockable trait could even use a nerf ( Right now it lasts way too long ) and iboga is extremely exploitable.

The fact is druid was a low skill build. It was extremely easy to never die on it, and thus it had been carrying players without requiring game knowledge for a long time. The SB build hasn't made its way to metabattle yet, but it's good and works.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Ranger/Soulbeast is finally in a good spot for the first time after PoF.

And we all know iboga will be nerfed, gimmicks (and most likely bugged pets) that keep ranger in a specific meta doesn't mean the class itself is meta. just saying. I'm pretty sure you may know this already from the gazelle situation.

When Iboga is nerfed, the build will be sub-par and ranger will fall back out - again.

It isn't just Ibolga builds. Soulbeast has many viable DPS routed builds that are actually well balanced and not gimmicky.

I'm not that bright but even I can see the nerf coming. (Although I would have gone for healing % and a bit of CD instead of sole CD adjustment.)

SB and Core Ranger (ironically better than base game days) are decent. As with all specs you need to get familiar and think about how to rotate. The traditional LB/GS playstyle for offensive, roaming Rangers is a lot different from Bunker Druid so let go of your preconceptions.

I find it fun and will definitely try to improve.

Archived