Do you use your race's cultural armour?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not use Sylvari cultural armor because the mix-n-match possibilities are limited and every armor piece has some kind of buttcape or clipping issues. Unfortunately, mixing Sylvari stuff with "normal" armor pieces does not work for me either because they have different textures so they just look weird with other armor pieces and they are hard to dye because of these texture differences. Not to mention that even though I have glow fully turned off on my Sylvari, some cultural armor pieces STILL glow in the dark which ruins everything. What's up with that? :/

Well my ranger (main) does not use cultural armor in full extend. Only boits and pants are cultural drom different tiers.Eyes, shoulders and gloves are gemstore and chest is TA.My mesmer, ele and necro nearly all have full cultural T3. My heavy armored professions are going to have a mix of TA heavy and some cultural/accesory stuff suited to them.

I use all tiers on various characters, but I picked tier 3 since I use that on my Charr Engineer and Asura-style Elementalist, who are my most played characters.

Generally I think cultural armour looks better than the other options on most characters - especially on non-humans, since most of the non-cultural armour is essentially human cultural armour in design anyway. Sylvari in particular I think look weird if they're not wearing cultural armour.

In the first year or so it seemed like a lot of people's idea of 'end game' armour was Temple/WvW/Dungeon exotics (ascended armour didn't exist) reskinned with Cultural Tier 3 and dyed with Abyss and Celestial. I sometimes get the impression there's been a bit of a kick-back since then with people deliberately trying to avoid going down that route.

I always use mix and match armour, which is as likely to include cultural pieces as anything else. But I voted for Tier 1 because my sylvari elementalist wears the Snapdragon top and skirt, with Orchid boots.giyieStl.jpg

My norn engineer wears Tier 3 boots, and my others sometimes wear cultural pieces too.

Why is 'I use a mix of all tiers' not an option? Cultural Armor is the best looking armor that actually fits the races. Anet still crapped on Charr with the Light Tier 3 armor but it's still better looking than the half-done stuff they release now.
I submitted a bug report on the dervish outfit and how it hid Charr ears and horns, Anet's response "It's intentional" Yet, the Asura have ear holes tailored for them with the dervish hood. Something's not right.

@"Chasind.3128" said:Why is 'I use a mix of all tiers' not an option? Cultural Armor is the best looking armor that actually fits the races. Anet still crapped on Charr with the Light Tier 3 armor but it's still better looking than the half-done stuff they release now.

I submitted a bug report on the dervish outfit and how it hid Charr ears and horns, Anet's response "It's intentional" Yet, the Asura have ear holes tailored for them with the dervish hood. Something's not right.

^ThisI use a mix of the different tiers along with some pretty good pieces of other armor for a look that's all my own.

Im using bits of the Sylvari and Asura from all tiers ( your poll could do with that option) and im starting to collect Tier 2 for all the other races ( other than Charr) whenever the WvW big spender daily comes up because it costs less than outright gold and im cheap like that - PSA don't bother doing Tier 1 this way they are so cheap...

I use Tier 1 routinely, occasionally some or all of Tier 2 and hardly any of Tier 3 -the price is whack.

Norn's stuff for light armor is not that good for some Scholar Professions -but for warrior types, the Heavy Armor being an exception.

Human Cultural... meh. Good for a Mesmer, and Tier 3 would be nice but not for that price.

Asura, pretty good really.

Sylvari -the best outta the bunch -could use a bit more variety in style between tiers but decent all around.

Now what ANet should do:

• Make Cultural Armor Exotic
  • Make stats selectable
  • Add distinct Weapons and Inprove Weapon Tiers (they are not at present share the widely available skins)

Archived