Kaby Lake G Support

So it seems like there is no support for Radeon Vega M gpus. I can run the game with intel integrated gpu but not the dedicated one. I opened a ticket about this issue nearly 2 weeks ago but no response. I was wondering if anyone knows a way around this.

@Triggerbrand.8072 said:So it seems like there is no support for Radeon Vega M gpus. I can run the game with intel integrated gpu but not the dedicated one. I opened a ticket about this issue nearly 2 weeks ago but no response. I was wondering if anyone knows a way around this.

GW2 just uses the DirectX layer, so ... if the GPU is supported by that, it should just work with it. I'd suggest looking for vendor supported drivers and/or tools that can force use of the external GPU with the game. (Possibly Windows 10 game mode will do that, though I'm not sure if that feature was part of the release or just part of the rumours)

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem!It does work in power safe mode using intel hd620( i have all power presences on performance everywhere), but doesn't work on performance mode. I see in task manager how it starts to load on radeon vega m gl but then it pops up a mistake and load it out ( so there are two 100% peak loads on vega gpu when loading and after error).Other games work though!!!

I manage to accidentally find a fix for this problem. I just wiped the entire computer clean. Made my own media disk (USB Drive) and I did not use the "Reset" function that came out of the box. I installed the latest drivers which was essentially the same drivers as before it wasn't working. I set the switchable graphics to High Performance, now the game is running off the AMD GPU.

Archived