Do swim speed infusions stack with swiftness?

@"Devildoc.6721" said:Simple and to the point and I think players deserve an answer on this.

Easy enough to test. And, like most mechanics in the game, better for the community to do the research than rely on ANet. (In any case, they generally prefer to be vague and leave it to us to figure such things out.)

Early reports on Reddit say, "yes, it stacks," but I haven't seen any videos yet or timed experiments.

~~If speed boosts still can't stack.. then ~~there's no way any of these infusions are worth it.

That's how I'd phrase it. 40 gold to make an ascended breather when there aren't even that many PoI/Waypoints below water. Even if Swim+30 was free, I'd still find it hard to justify the cost of the breather.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Devildoc.6721" said:Simple and to the point and I think players deserve an answer on this.

Easy enough to test. And, like most mechanics in the game, better for the community to do the research than rely on ANet. (In any case, they generally prefer to be vague and leave it to us to figure such things out.)

Early reports on Reddit say, "yes, it stacks," but I haven't seen any videos yet or timed experiments.

~~If speed boosts still can't stack.. then ~~there's no way any of these infusions are worth it.

That's how I'd phrase it. 40 gold to make an ascended breather when there aren't even that many PoI/Waypoints below water. Even if Swim+30 was free, I'd still find it hard to justify the cost of the breather.

I spend time underwater, mussels, coral, so for me it can be worth it to have some speed increase underwater, provided it stacks. otherwise, if it doesn't I run with a 25% speed signet anyway, and use swiftness as often as I can

as for breathers? I just got one for free from Bitterfrost frontier.. cost me exactly 0 copper. Just unbound magic and winterberries. Neither of which have direct gold value anyway, or not that much.

Archived