Game Minimizing on Load Screens

@darksome.1697 said:

@"Krasipeace.1589" said:hello ppl, today ive got the same problem and after many tries to find out how to fix it. I found that everytime i start a game notification pops-up in the taskbar notification area ( in the taskbar down-right icon like comic-text area). I click that icon and i see text something like Focus Assist has been started, click on this notification, it opens a window named "A game in fullscreen mode"or something that. In this window there is one Button turned on - says - use focus assist when you play directX games in fullscreen mode... Turn this off. Since then i didnt have anymore minimizing in My Guild Wars 2, neither in other games i play. Good Luck :)

This seems to have solved my minimizing problem. Thanks, Krasipeace!

Did not solve the problem for me unfortunately. I have every single thing set to OFF in the Focus Assist settings, still does the minimizing when loading.

I tried that too it did not help :(

@NaramSin.2693 said:I've read the “official” thread but seems a similar problem not the same, I had this issue only after last game update and it's quite frequent at every map change, the game worked perfectly in the past, I will submit a ticket to support.

I submitted tickets for several issues, including this one.

No response so far.

None.

Addendum: 3 days and counting. And that's this round - ones I put in weeks ago still aren't answered.

Add two more computers having this problem which happened right after the infamous window update. Two different brand computers, different brand graphics card, all drivers up to date. I did the "Turn off Focus Assist" thing..the "when I am playing a game," under Automatic rules settings must be turned off...even if you choose "Off"-get all notifications from Apps and"... whatever else, can't remember, need coffee...you still need to turn off "when I am playing a game' otherwise Focus Assist will automagically turn on.

Yes, this is a bother, but what is making me happy, is I can play the game :)

You cannot have a delicious cake without a few crumbs...this is real life. Kitten happens.

It will be fixed...believe.

Happy last two days of the Memorial Day weekend everyone.

Lisa-who has to work these next few days.....more money for meeee :)

@atheria.2837 said:

@NaramSin.2693 said:I've read the “official” thread but seems a similar problem not the same, I had this issue only after last game update and it's quite frequent at every map change, the game worked perfectly in the past, I will submit a ticket to support.

I submitted a ticket for the issue three times.

Two days ago plus I put in the third ticket - no response so far.

None.

This is one reason the queue is so long. Close all duplicate tickets and only update your original ticket. Countless times the Devs, CS Team and Gaile have emphasized submitting only one ticket per issue.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

None.

This is one reason the queue is so long. Close all duplicate tickets and only update your original ticket. Countless times the Devs, CS Team and Gaile have emphasized submitting
only one
ticket per issue.

I don't have any duplicate tickets.

That is a very strange assumption.

My tickets are not duplicates, they are all separate issues - and not answered.

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Add two more computers having this problem which happened right after the infamous window update. Two different brand computers, different brand graphics card, all drivers up to date. I did the "Turn off Focus Assist" thing..the "when I am playing a game," under Automatic rules settings must be turned off...even if you choose "Off"-get all notifications from Apps and"... whatever else, can't remember, need coffee...you still need to turn off "when I am playing a game' otherwise Focus Assist will automagically turn on.

Yes, this is a bother, but what is making me happy, is I can play the game :)

You cannot have a delicious cake without a few crumbs...this is real life. Kitten happens.

It will be fixed...believe.

Happy last two days of the Memorial Day weekend everyone.

Lisa-who has to work these next few days.....more money for meeee :)

My focus assist is off but it's still happening.

I uninstalled everything NVidia except the driver.

I stopped all services and programs that weren't Windows processes.

And the problem is still there.

Flash to desktop at every map change.

@atheria.2837 said:

@"NaramSin.2693" said:I've read the “official” thread but seems a similar problem not the same, I had this issue only after last game update and it's quite frequent at every map change, the game worked perfectly in the past, I will submit a ticket to support.

None.

This is one reason the queue is so long. Close all duplicate tickets and only update your original ticket. Countless times the Devs, CS Team and Gaile have emphasized submitting
only one
ticket per issue.

I don't have any duplicate tickets.That is a very strange assumption.

It really isn't: not only are less smart players than you submitting multiple duplicate tickets, they have even been advising each other to create throw-away email addresses and to send even more duplicate tickets about things from them.

You also wrote, "I submitted a ticket for the issue three times", which is presumably written in error, as it reads like "I sent three tickets about one issue", not "I sent one ticket about each of three issues".

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"NaramSin.2693" said:I've read the “official” thread but seems a similar problem not the same, I had this issue only after last game update and it's quite frequent at every map change, the game worked perfectly in the past, I will submit a ticket to support.

None.

only one
ticket per issue.

I don't have any duplicate tickets.That is a very strange assumption.

It really isn't: not only are less smart players than you submitting multiple duplicate tickets, they have even been advising each other to create throw-away email addresses and to send even more duplicate tickets about things from them.

You also wrote, "I submitted a ticket for the issue three times", which is presumably written in error, as it reads like "I sent three tickets about one issue", not "I sent one ticket about each of three issues".

Have you ever been up for a day or two in a row? Ever been in pain when you're trying to write a support ticket? Guess not. Compassion leaves gaming like rats leaving a sinking ship.

The issue was reported - a single time - and then other issues were reported - a single time - and not one ticket has been answered.

It's been a week - no answer.

Well! I have an ephi[hany.

As a computer expert of over 30 years, I kept trying different things. I usually can't let anything broken, 'go'.

All of the 'workarounds' don't work for me.

Ya know what did? A driver from 2016.

No more flashing.

It is a driver/game combined issue.

I only installed a driver - from two years ago....

And no flashing to the desktop for the first time since Windows update and GW2 updates both broke whatpoor NVidia made.

Archived