Is there any way from Mistlock Sanctuary to go directly to a waypoint linked in chat?

When I try to go to a waypoint linked in chat while I'm in Mistlock Sanctuary, I don't get a world map view so I can proceed to the waypoint when I click on the link. No matter where the link is, the "world map" shows a limited view of the Mistlock Sanctuary area, rather than the world map centered on the clicked waypoint, like it usually does.

Is there a way to use waypoint links listed in chat from Mistlock Sanctuary, and if not, could we have one as a QOL improvement, please?

If you notice, when you go to the map when you're in the Mistlock Observatory, you have 4 levels. It always pops up on the top level, but you can select the other 3 as well, and they all show the entire world map. I have never tried to use a WP link from inside the Observatory, but I do know it is possible to go to any WP while you're in the Observatory if you select any but the top level of the map. So there's no need to first exit the Observatory to go to your previous point and then WP to another part of the world map. You can do that from inside Mistlock.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:If you notice, when you go to the map when you're in the Mistlock Observatory, you have 4 levels. It always pops up on the top level, but you can select the other 3 as well, and they all show the entire world map. I have never tried to use a WP link from inside the Observatory, but I do know it is possible to go to any WP while you're in the Observatory if you select any but the top level of the map. So there's no need to first exit the Observatory to go to your previous point and then WP to another part of the world map. You can do that from inside Mistlock.

I think there is some waypoints that won't show up at all even with changing levels, but this is right, you should be able to go to most waypoints after you change what level you map is set to.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:If you notice, when you go to the map when you're in the Mistlock Observatory, you have 4 levels. It always pops up on the top level, but you can select the other 3 as well, and they all show the entire world map. I have never tried to use a WP link from inside the Observatory, but I do know it is possible to go to any WP while you're in the Observatory if you select any but the top level of the map. So there's no need to first exit the Observatory to go to your previous point and then WP to another part of the world map. You can do that from inside Mistlock.

Please read OP's message. If you have mistlock ob... try and click on chat link! It won't work!If you open map you don't see the chat link!

I asked for this improvement months ago and usual no repsonse.

@Samnang.1879 said:short answer: no

long answer: No.

That's incorrect. As @TheNecrosanct.4028 says, you have to drop down a level in the world map (lower right portion of the screen, or use keyboard shortcuts). The only problem is that map sometimes (often?) doesn't center properly on the link, so you sometimes have to manually drag it.(Just tested; the waypoints work just fine)

@bobsort.4097 said:

Please read OP's message. If you have mistlock ob... try and click on
chat link!
It won't work!If you open map you don't see the chat link!

I asked for this improvement months ago and usual no repsonse.

I referenced that in my comment. It was just meant as an alternative. Please follow your own advice and add some comprehension to it. Besides, anyone who has played this game long enough will know where which WP is on the map and can then choose it manually, to prevent an extra loading screen.

@"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:If you notice, when you go to the map when you're in the Mistlock Observatory, you have 4 levels. It always pops up on the top level, but you can select the other 3 as well, and they all show the entire world map. I have never tried to use a WP link from inside the Observatory, but I do know it is possible to go to any WP while you're in the Observatory if you select any but the top level of the map. So there's no need to first exit the Observatory to go to your previous point and then WP to another part of the world map. You can do that from inside Mistlock.

wait i didn't notice the diff levels when you press "M" you can see it xD.

@OP unaccept my answer, it's wrong xD

I think there is a bit of confusion in what my issue is. Here is how to replicate it:

1. While you're in Mistlock, open the world map and ctl-click on any waypoint in Lion's arch to put it in the chat window.
  2. Now, click on that link in the chat window so you can waypoint there.
  3. You'll see that the worldmap opens in Mistlock's "upper level" mode, centered a bit NE of Mistlock. There are no waypoints visible.
  4. Go to a lower level of the world map. The waypoints are visible, but the one you wanted to get to isn't centered. You have no context for it.

So the issue is totally about being able to use a WP link from the chat window while you're in Mistlock (as in, when you click on it, the waypoint is centered on your screen in world-map-view). It seems to me the problem is that, while you're in Mistlock, when you click on a link in the chat window, the world map doesn't open with the waypoint centered on your screen -- it always opens with a point that's a bit NE of Mistlock centered, instead.

@"Archranis.2375" said:I think there is a bit of confusion in what my issue is. Here is how to replicate it:

1. While you're in Mistlock, open the world map and ctl-click on any waypoint in Lion's arch to put it in the chat window.
  2. Now, click on that link in the chat window so you can waypoint there.
  3. You'll see that the worldmap opens in Mistlock's "upper level" mode, centered a bit NE of Mistlock. There are no waypoints visible.
  4. Go to a lower level of the world map. The waypoints are visible, but the one you wanted to get to isn't centered. You have no context for it.

So the issue is totally about being able to use a WP link from the chat window while you're in Mistlock (as in, when you click on it, the waypoint is centered on your screen in world-map-view). It seems to me the problem is that, while you're in Mistlock, when you click on a link in the chat window, the world map doesn't open with the waypoint centered on your screen -- it always opens with a point that's a bit NE of Mistlock centered, instead.

To be fair, there was no confusion on my part. I just offered an alternative, not knowing if you were aware it is possible to WP straight to the world map from the Mistlock Sanctuary. I know chat links don't work for WP's in there. But as someone who has played this game since launch, I pretty much know where a WP is when I see it's name, so it's easy for me to manually select it from the world map and then go there. Of course I could leave Mistlock and go to my previous location, and then use the chat link, but that would mean 2 loading screens instead of 1.

Now, if you don't know the names of WP's and where they are, then yes, it becomes a bit more frustrating. And considering that we can select the world map from Mistlock, I'd say either enable WP chat links or remove the world map from Mistlock (I prefer the first, though). This would make it more consistent. But I would wager this is hardly a priority on ANet's to-do list.

• 1 year later...

I will grant, it is frustrating when you forget you're on an unexplored mostly character and decide to follow a friend's linked wp and you happen to be in mistlock sanctuary. My workaround is just to take one of the city ports and click the link from there, but since you can indeed go to any wp you have unlocked the normal way, clicking a link OUGHT to work.