Mounts in WvW

JayAction.9056

The only way I could see it working is if we got a new mount that was specifically designed with WvW in mind, and would obviously be quite a bit less effective than the PvE mounts. Also definitely no engage skills. Maybe they could add a way to build/buy temporary mounts, kind of like the charr car but with a bigger system like siege weapons. Then it would be a supply cost or something along those lines instead of all the time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love mounts. Especially when I (re)join a map and see our commander on the opposite end of the map with no waypoints.Too often I got the experience of being backstabbed half-way by some stealthed player.

I think mounts should be limited to zones your team owns tho. just like the current fly- and no-fly zones.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Is there any reason to have them other than because people simply want them? The mounts were designed with specific purposes which would be big issues in WvW.

Mount should stay in PVE, IF players want something to mount on WvW we already have golems, maybe Anet could later add some new siege vehicle instead of adding transmogriffers......

Why not remove transmogriffers from WvW and make it mounts that need to be built like golems???

I think it’d be cool if they had a mastery line that allowed you to become a “cavalry” member or something, but I would say that the mount should probably be unique to WvW and function much like a lighter less tanky version of the siege golem.

Something closer to the fire dog in desert borderlands.

Mounts could be added to WvW but would require some rework and some restrictions.

• For example only usable in own territories (like gliding)
  • Nerfed speed
  • Nerfed (or no) abilities

It could though add some more depth to WvW when implemented right. For example:

• If you contributed "x" to a battle, you are allowed to use "Springer" for "x" seconds, and use "Jump" ability "x" times. With this move you could get behind enemy walls, this tradeoff should be balanced out.

@Wizardauz.3761 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I would love it. I HATE to run and die all the time when there is blob vs. blob battles. It sucks and is not fun at all.

Then dont run in and die

Everybody dies in WvW, sometimes more sometimes less. Still, I want to have fast locomotion, it's neither fun nor interesting to run to you commander over half the map at all. And I see not why we don't want mounts. Same was with gliders and the implementation is pretty good. Of course there is need for limitations like over the wall jumping etc. shouldn't be allowed (if not owned by your realm) etc.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I would love it. I HATE to run and die all the time when there is blob vs. blob battles. It sucks and is not fun at all.

Then dont run in and die

Everybody dies in WvW, sometimes more sometimes less. Still, I want to have fast locomotion, it's neither fun nor interesting to run to you commander over half the map at all. And I see not why we don't want mounts. Same was with gliders and the implementation is pretty good. Of course there is need for limitations like over the wall jumping etc. shouldn't be allowed (if not owned by your realm) etc.

We dont want mounts because it would kill roaming, small-scale, trivialize tower/keep taking, and ultimately kill WvW.

How cool would it be that the zerg you just wiped rez and got back to the place they just died in less then 1min.

I'd be cool with Mounts, If they provided no movement speed increase over regular walking. All Special Mount abilities were disabled regardless of who own territory. And being dismount stunned you for 3sec.

I love the mounts. But I think the maps are too small for them. MAYBE the desert map would be okay. I'd like to see how it feels in there. If we had a map the size of cyrodiil in elder scrolls online, mounts would be awesome.

• 1 year later...