We are getting Balthazar+GS as our next Legend, right ANET?

Will.9785

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer Togo + Scepter. Ritualist.

For one, we are desperately lacking a ranged 1h weapon. And we are also lacking a good Power dps spec. (Since Renegade is Condi/Support and Herald is Defense.)

Something with powerful mists magic, lightning strikes, and of course, spirits!

Yeah, I know what people are thinking. "Isn't renegade already a ritualist?" Only partially. Renegade embraces a support ritualist. Master Togo could embrace spirits more as turrets we could teleport. I'm pointing to the "Spirit Spammer" SoS rit from GW1

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I would rather have Razah, or Svanir we need another villain but we do not need balthazar..... Please I've had enough of him.

Razah with GS and ransfirming into Legend Avatars would actually give a sweet legend.Instead if a bew legwnd they should give us glyphs and the F2 transforms us into the current euipped legend and count as legendary avatar skills which are traitable in the new spec.GS as a mid range Power weapon and we are good with diversity and options.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I would rather have Razah, or Svanir we need another villain but we do not need balthazar..... Please I've had enough of him.

Razah with GS and ransfirming into Legend Avatars would actually give a sweet legend.Instead if a bew legwnd they should give us glyphs and the F2 transforms us into the current euipped legend and count as legendary avatar skills which are traitable in the new spec.GS as a mid range Power weapon and we are good with diversity and options.

I would be ok with that, just as long as it is not balthazar.

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:I'd prefer Togo + Scepter. Ritualist.

For one, we are desperately lacking a ranged 1h weapon. And we are also lacking a good Power dps spec. (Since Renegade is Condi/Support and Herald is Defense.)

Something with powerful mists magic, lightning strikes, and of course, spirits!

Yeah, I know what people are thinking. "Isn't renegade already a ritualist?" Only partially. Renegade embraces a support ritualist. Master Togo could embrace spirits more as turrets we could teleport. I'm pointing to the "Spirit Spammer" SoS rit from GW1

lets check viabilitymm necro - not validrenegade - not validspirit weapon guard - not validelemental ele - not validturret engi - used to be valid

do we really want spirit revenant???

I'm hoping for Jora, personally. We can get a greatsword and can reuse several assets of Balthazar's animations, but we'll channel Jora and it'll have a more power/ice theme than power/fire.

I don't want to see the animations go to waste on one main antagonist that we'll never see again. But I also don't want them to throw it all out the window just to give us a Balthazar elite spec. So I think a really solid compromise would be Jora.

@Will.9785 said:Please make it happen. It would be awesome if we could channel him after just killing him and we need a good power weapon with some hard-hitting utility skills.

First of all what has he done that makes him a legend? He is a god or was but still what else do we know about him thats legend worthy?

Side notesTo be honest considering the statue of Kalla had a GS and never talks about a short bow at any period im surprised we didnt get one with her.

If i had to pick another weapon please give us another weapon we can at least use in the off hand as well as the main hand daggers, focus, or main hand axe... .something idk

Gs would be nice too though.

I for one would be all over it! Don't need the Greatsword, personally (I would rather take a Focus or Torch in both Main- and Offhand, because we currently don't have that), but I definitely think it's absolutely reasonable to make Balthasar a summonable Legend. It was a dick-move to make him a villain in the first place imho, but this would be a fitting possibility to "place" him.But to be fair, I actually would also like to have Togo or some other Ritualist... Maybe a split Legend, depicting Balthazar's "conflict" with the ancient Ritualist Kaolai would do the trick, with the concept of a strategic game - switching back and forth between the Ritualist and the God for supportive vs. offensive versions of the same abilities/ghosts/whatever.

@Will.9785 said:Please make it happen. It would be awesome if we could channel him after just killing him and we need a good power weapon with some hard-hitting utility skills.

Absolutely no objection to Greatsword, it's seems like a fairly likely option at this point. Personally would prefer something different to a Balthazar legend., maybe Norn-related since they are not currently represented in Rev Legends. (Please no asura legends, :anguished: ).

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

Absolutely no objection to Greatsword, it's seems like a fairly likely option at this point. Personally would prefer something different to a Balthazar legend., maybe Norn-related since they are not currently represented in Rev Legends. (Please no asura legends, :anguished: ).

There are not alot of ways to really make an asura legend, as most of them are engineers or classes we currently have. Alot of the prominent ones in lore really had no special source of magic or anything unique about them. Norn on the other hand do, so I dont know how they could incorporate the asura properly onto a magic/mist wielding class and make it fit right.

But Again Id take menzies over Balth any day if we are stuck having a stupid human god as a legend, mainly because menzies is the darkness of war. He led the shadow army, is important in the lore and has yet to even appear in guild wars 2.

@Lahmia.2193 said:My money is on: Togo - Ritualist - sceptre.

You'll be sorely disappointed. There is a candidate for ritualist in the story now. And she was set up for it in season 2 I believe. Her name is Marjory. Revenant will never get ritualist. Necromancer will most likely though.

Talon Silverwing or some other notable tengu using great sword would be most likely for a canthan expansion. If not a norn next.

Archived