We are getting Balthazar+GS as our next Legend, right ANET?

Will.9785

I think something Power Based in the midrange would be nice as a GS weapon. We could swing it like balthazar does his, have a 300-400 range like Ele dagger and have it be CC and power based. A Norn legend would fit, but that depends on what we are doing and where we are going. Since Norn exert a lot of body heat the colors of red would actually fit, so fewer visual changes would have to be made.Legend ideas could be-Svanir ( When you invoke Svanir he is ready to right the wrongs he committed while being corrupted)Jora -Asgeir Dragonrender ( I personally like this one and his history)

EDIT: Actually- The greatsword could have the same interactions that the trident does. ( Actually all of our weapons should be like the trident) So if you want a power focused spec you take power focused legends, same for condi ,etcThough the legend would probably (preferably) be power

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I will say this again, if it's not Melee I don't want it

I actually would like a caster type elite spec for the Rev, like a warlock or occultist who uses scepter/focus and brings the dark aspects of the mists to the battle field. We are ENTIRELY melee outside of hammer and shortbow (Shortbow sucks) so we need another ranged option, Id rather it be baseline so we have some choice in what we run as it is. But if It needs to be an elite spec then so damn be it; Hammer is great and all but its tiring and the playstyle is not that fun at all....

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I actually would like a caster type elite spec for the Rev, like a warlock or occultist who uses scepter/focus and brings the dark aspects of the mists to the battle field. We are ENTIRELY melee outside of hammer and shortbow (Shortbow sucks) so we need another ranged option, Id rather it be baseline so we have some choice in what we run as it is. But if It needs to be an elite spec then so kitten be it; Hammer is great and all but its tiring and the playstyle is not that fun at all....

This! Absolutely want a Scepter/Focus caster type build based around 900ish range area damage and spells. Master Togo, Razah, or Vizier Khilbron (would very much prefer the last two) could be really awesome utilizing dark/spirit magic.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I actually would like a caster type elite spec for the Rev, like a warlock or occultist who uses scepter/focus and brings the dark aspects of the mists to the battle field. We are ENTIRELY melee outside of hammer and shortbow (Shortbow sucks) so we need another ranged option, Id rather it be baseline so we have some choice in what we run as it is. But if It needs to be an elite spec then so kitten be it; Hammer is great and all but its tiring and the playstyle is not that fun at all....

Talking about Greatsword here

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

This! Absolutely want a Scepter/Focus caster type build based around 900ish range area damage and spells. Master Togo, Razah, or Vizier Khilbron (would very much prefer the last two) could be really awesome utilizing dark/spirit magic.

Problem is Rev has no off hand weapons baseline that compliment a main hand ranged weapon.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Problem is Rev has no off hand weapons baseline that compliment a main hand ranged weapon.

Hence the “focus” part of scepter/focus ;)

For people who are saying it doesn’t make sense to channel Balthazar, ask yourself this when did rev ever make sense.... LETS FINALLY JUST HAVE SOMETHING COOL AND OP!!! I’m sick of rev being at the bottom barrel let’s just having something overpowered and fun as hell please anet just this once please lol

@aimz.6287 said:For people who are saying it doesn’t make sense to channel Balthazar, ask yourself this when did rev ever make sense.... LETS FINALLY JUST HAVE SOMETHING COOL AND OP!!! I’m sick of rev being at the bottom barrel let’s just having something overpowered and fun as hell please anet just this once please lol

Revs always made sense though? Like, rytlock may be the first herald (yes, i mean herald not revenant) but he's not the first person to channel mist energies.

As far as I'm concerned, we as a character are just another person that learned how to channel mist energies, then learned to truly be a revenant come HoT events.

Sorry but revs need to stick to the lore they are already heavily based in.

Again you can't channel balthazar, god's when killed dont exist within the mists because they can't make ripples in it since they were born there. So no rev's can't channel him if you want a greatsword god guy, then go with Menzies who is the dark brother of balthazar who is still out there somewhere and still leads the shadow army.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@aimz.6287 said:For people who are saying it doesn’t make sense to channel Balthazar, ask yourself this when did rev ever make sense.... LETS FINALLY JUST HAVE SOMETHING COOL AND OP!!! I’m sick of rev being at the bottom barrel let’s just having something overpowered and fun as hell please anet just this once please lol

Revs always made sense though? Like, rytlock may be the first herald (yes, i mean
herald
not revenant) but he's not the first person to channel mist energies.

As far as I'm concerned, we as a character are just another person that learned how to channel mist energies, then learned to truly be a revenant come HoT events.

Nah I’m saying like balance wise not lore

@aimz.6287 said:

Revs always made sense though? Like, rytlock may be the first herald (yes, i mean
herald

O. My bad.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

herald

O. My bad.

Nah your good lol

• 2 weeks later...

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Again you can't channel balthazar, god's when killed dont exist within the mists because they can't make ripples in it since they were born there. So no rev's can't channel him if you want a greatsword god guy, then go with Menzies who is the dark brother of balthazar who is still out there somewhere and still leads the shadow army.

That makes no sense. Since when was Revenant restricted to invoking living beings from the Mist? The Mist is not bound by time.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

herald

So lore wise what does the lore say is a requirement for somebody to be a legend of a Revenent?

@LucianDK.8615 said:Remember spellbreakers got dual daggers as their spec weapon. So theres precendent for possible scepter+focus

Mmmmm no. Spellbreaker sets precedent for two of the same weapons. Two daggers is one thing, two different weapons would raise all kinds of hell with other players who will demand that they too have two separate weapons and not just one lossy weapon. Being as how they complain when we remotely get close to anything good it's just a headache I'm sure the development team would rather avoid. I'd be all for a Sceptor though, not too much on the focus. I just don't feel it as a weapon on any level. I do agree that we need another range option. At first, I thought longbow but I'm meh on that as a weapon in general. If we went pistol it would have to be dual pistols or nothing. I could get behind a rifle too. There aren't all that many rifle users at present. I can also see great sword work as both a melee and ranged weapon. The Mesmer makes it work as a ranged weapon and I see no reason why they need to be the only ones who can do that.

If we went with the great sword though, the Legend would have to be Riannoc, the first Sylvari to be killed. He has the perfect backstory to be a Legend and his write up does say that when he died it felt like a piece of the Dream had been taken away. Maybe that missing piece of the Dream is Riannoc as a Legend. I really wouldn't like Balthazar and I really don't think he's being lined up to be the next Legend. Being able to channel a god, even a dead one should be waaaaaayyyyy more powerful than being a Legend would allow for. Besides wasn't most of his power and energy already absorbed by other beings? We've seen what happens when things of that power level die and the power obtained from that death is on a massive scale. There is no way to do a god justice and maintain actual game balance.

Archived