People that run out and die within 30 seconds over and ove again

Is this match throwing or bad players or is it sometimes one and sometimes the other? Just seems odd to me how often stuff like this happens. I mean really dodge a couple of times try to run if your outnumbered use a defensive cooldown. Can there really be this many really bad players? Im no pro but usually around 1500 MMR or so I would think even in a match where the skill level difference is a little problematic between both teams people could still avoid dieing 10 times +. It really does seem mindless sometimes.

Probably people who don't know what they're doing or how badly dying affects the outcome of the game (not only from a points perspective but a 4v5 perspective as well). In many random-q PvP MMOs (like WoW or Rift), the maps are bigger and dying a lot is often just part of the game (especially since there are fewer ways to run away for many classes than in GW2). So players are conditioned to just ... find a fight, try their best, die, and resurrect to try it all again.

It also hasn't helped when people are constantly yelling, "Fight on points ya noobs!" which isn't always the correct (or good) advice in a match.

Seems like many people don't understand that staying alive is an important part of the game. If you're about to die and you can successfully disengage from the fight to reset your cooldowns and also decap the far point then you are being a hundred times more effective then just hoping a team mate will come to help even out the fight. Always save a cooldown for an escape and always make sure you have a path to escape to. If you need to disengage also try to disengage towards your spawn or a teammate.

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Just follow them, if they're making bad rotations then make bad ones as well. Bad + bad = good :^)

This is good logic.

You have bad team mate?Help him kill that person that's been killing him all game instead of just sayin "git gud", now they have a dead team mate instead of you.

Team mate made bad rotation?Follow him to point and move from there, make bad rotation into good rotation. Move in pairs, makes thief run away.

Team mate is me and doesn't care for nodes?Join said team mate in glorious quest to reach 500 points via kills only or grab popcorn and watch.

This is just it... people no longer care because of a lot of reasons. I join games expecting that someone don't know how to rotate properly, don't care, don't know their class, throwing, afking, etc. After all it is just a game and it really doesn't matter. Sad sPvP is going downhill because it would be great if ANET actually had a big team to fix it.

It's a mixture. Too many of the players you see now are newer (as in haven't played before the expansions because a great deal of players left pvp after those were dropped) so they haven't had the many years others have had to learn the in's and out's of class mechanics. This is evident from how many people nowadays are surprised by the many 1 shot mechanics available to classes (still get accused of hacking when playing power shatter mes or glass soulbeast). Everyone has played in a stale, sustain- heavy, passive heavy, and noob friendly meta for way too long. This is especially crippling to the newer players mentioned before as they will not have developed the reaction time and processing ability to play in a fast paced meta (something we are slowly moving towards with all the 1 shot builds coming back into popularity).

What you see as a result is people running into these big fights hoping to be able to rotate their heals and invulns and stay alive while essentially ignoring what the other players are doing. This is the long term effect of anet allowing passives to have such a heavy influence on people's gameplay and anet creating so many easy to play builds. They never learned how to process what's going on around them because they never needed to. Just had to wait for the next part of the invuln chain to come off cd so you could spam your rotation again. It also doesn't help that we as a community have failed to teach the newcomers how to play. Early on in the game (I'm speaking from my personal experience so yours may be completely different) people were much more willing to sit in a server with someone for a few hours training them and familiarizing them with mechanics that they may struggle with. Nowadays, it's more of "Oh, you are bad! Go get good and stop playing in my matches you POS!" which obviously doesn't do much.

The community needs it's higher level players to be more open to working with less skilled people and teaching them because we all know anet has failed for the entirety of the game's existence to create a comprehensive guide/tutorial to pvp. That's the first part of the solution, the second part being anet fixing the balance in this game to be less gimmick/noob carry/spam fest and more focused on promoting skillfull play and cd management.

As for win traders and throwers, nothing we can really do about that.

Archived