@devs: Rime-Rimmed aquabreathers need Swim Infusion slot!

@Curunen.8729 said:Oh yes please, this thing is just sitting in my bank wasting space... Would really like to see it be a wardrobe skin.

I was going to apply a +15 Infusion on my female Norn warrior when I was reminded that she had the Rime-Rimmed thingie, which is exotic, hence no slot. So yep, hope this will be resolved in one way or another (preferably with a wardrobe skin conversion).

• 2 months later...

So... still nothing done about this? :(

Please, make it an effect skin that I can transfer to an ascended piece of aquabreather. My beloved Norn warrior is so slow now underwater compared to my other chars. :/ I am considering replacing the Rime-Rimmed aquabreather completely (sniff).

@Ashantara.8731 said:So... still nothing done about this? :(

Please, make it an effect skin that I can transfer to an ascended piece of aquabreather. My beloved Norn warrior is so slow now underwater compared to my other chars. :/ I am considering replacing the Rime-Rimmed aquabreather completely (sniff).

Earliest date i would expect them to do something about it is with wintersday this year. But players have been asking for a wardrobe version for far longer now and Anet wasnt interested, so i wouldnt hold my breath to get a seperate breather-skin.

Rime-Rimmed Aquabreather needs to be a skin in the first place. I don't know if exotic aquabreathers have an infusion slot. If they don't then the rime-rimmed one doesn't need one either I guess.

Another suggestion would be to just merge breather and helmet skins in the wardrobe.

@"lokh.2695" said:Rime-Rimmed Aquabreather needs to be a skin in the first place.I like that better, as it solves a number of other issues.

(Although, my personal preference is to entirely remove breathers from the game and just have an aquatic-helm wardrobe slot & a swim infusion slot for gear. We don't need breathers to breathe underwater, so they just force us to worry about having a 7th rune. It's especially annoying since some rune sets don't work underwater, e.g. chrono runes, since you can't use wells underwater.)

@Jojo.6140 said:[...] so i wouldnt hold my breath to get a seperate breather-skin.

LOL, the irony! =)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I like that better, as it solves a number of other issues.

:+1:

Although, my personal preference is to entirely remove breathers from the game and just have an aquatic-helm wardrobe slot & a swim infusion slot for gear.

Hmmmm...

We don't need breathers to breathe underwater [...]

Hey, we aren't fish ;) , so yes, we do. :p

@Ashantara.8731 said:Hey, we aren't fish ;) , so yes, we do. :pTake off a breather, go underwater; you won't die. Ergo, no we don't need them.

It was considered as a mechanic prior to launch and removed because it wasn't fun. It just added an unnecessary layer of complexity, without any (ahem) rhyme or reason to it other than consistency with RL (while the rest of the game merely plays lip-service to consistency). My point is that having breathers at all similar makes things more complicated, without adding value to the gameplay, other than the skins. (And, more recently, the swim infusions.)

• 4 weeks later...

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Take off a breather, go underwater; you won't die. Ergo, no we don't need them.

Oops! Wasn't it different six years ago? I haven't tried without a breather ever since. ;)

It was considered as a mechanic prior to launch and removed because it wasn't fun.

Awww, I didn't know that. Since we still have them, one should die indeed without an underwater breather. (By the way, I am quite certain it wasn't before launch, because I did not participate in the beta.)

Anyway, back on topic: Make my Rime-Rimmed Aquabreather ascended (or a skin, or add an infusion slot) or I will... I will.... errr, I don't know, cry?

Archived