Rally Needs a Cool Down

pah.4931

@pah.4931 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I don’t think there should be a rally CD, I just think downed penalty should be added into PvP exactly as it is in PvE, should fix that problem reeeeeeeeal quick.

You're right. This solution would also work, but maybe 50% reduction instead of 25%

Honestly, with how quickly you bleed health in PvP while downed I think 25% will be fine, and it’d allow you to still rally twice before being auto killed which I think is reasonable, especially since the downed penalty will kick in even if they were rezzed by like spirit of nature, or the ele glyph, or illusion of life, or hard rezzing etc. not just off of stomp rezzes.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@pah.4931 said:I feel like there should be a cooldown on Rally. 30s or so should do. Probably been suggested before.

That's all.

Does this mean that the next time a player gets downed, they instantly die? Or allies can't rally them?

He's suggesting that killing a player you hit won't rally you unless 30 seconds since you last rallied has passed. But down penalty would still be better IMO.

@Meteor.3720 said:I still don't understand why downed penalty isn't a thing in PvP

People would give up on reviving allies because recently revived allies would go be focused by enemies to take them down again, and after 3 downs they'd die anyways. So reviving allies felt like wasted time that could be used damaging enemies.

But the problem with that is the instant defeat on the third down, not the downed hp penalty. I would only get rid of instant death at the third time, keep the decreasing health down to 25%, 33% when equipped with the downed trait.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@pah.4931 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:30 secs might be a bit harsh but it definitely needs a cooldown.

You might be right. Full disclosure. I just picked a number. :D

I think, 15 seconds is fair. Still can turn a fight around, but can't just save a player over and over again because there is a Scourge in the team.

Ritual of life has a 35 second cooldown. If scourge ressing is what is stopping you from getting a kill, the problem isn't a lack of cooldown on rally.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@pah.4931 said:I feel like there should be a cooldown on Rally. 30s or so should do. Probably been suggested before.

That's all.

Does this mean that the next time a player gets downed, they instantly die? Or allies can't rally them?

He's suggesting that killing a player you hit won't rally you unless 30 seconds since you last rallied has passed. But down penalty would still be better IMO.

Reviving is fine. I think it makes for interesting gameplay and the need for very quick decision making (though I'd be content with no downed state or at the very least the same downed abilities for all profs).

Rally during a stomp race during a midfight can be ridiculous (downed, up, downed, up, etc). If there was a CD with the rally, then you'd have to be much smarter about disengaging after rallying rather than just spamming more shit and hoping your allies will get you back up again. :P

Archived