Dead linking

Maelstrom.7039

It's just that half or slightly less of the population; including many competent pugs, guilds and commanders who tagged, which did carry the server for the previous 2 months, are on WSR, who are now a host server.

Also some people refuse to tag now, because they can't conjure up an organised enough blob, even though Deso/wsr had its share of banwagoners, they would still blame the host.

A-Net dont know their game. This link/relink BS is the biggest BS since GW1. They dont know their game. All the manpower into shop. Thats Guild Wars 2: Black Lion Trading Company. If you like spending money, join GW2.

Sad what happend to the franchise....

Same goes for drakkar. No linking server anymore. The full elona server got miller's sound linked and they are just so much more people. Same goes for abadon+dzago.Bothlinks had like 60+ queue on all maps on reset. Drakkar was at 30 on one map and others had only very small queue.

But still. I won't transfer. That's just moneymaking strategy of anet. I'm hoping they will work hard on new wvw. Even though I don't expect it to come before next year.

@"Nimon.7840" said:Same goes for drakkar. No linking server anymore. The full elona server got miller's sound linked and they are just so much more people. Same goes for abadon+dzago.Bothlinks had like 60+ queue on all maps on reset. Drakkar was at 30 on one map and others had only very small queue.

But still. I won't transfer. That's just moneymaking strategy of anet. I'm hoping they will work hard on new wvw. Even though I don't expect it to come before next year."The other side is always greener".I'm from Aba. We did NOT have 60+ queues on all maps. Currently we always have one map with a big queue of ~40-50. All others are between 10-20, sometimes lower. Still decent, but not close to what you're claiming.

Interestingly enough the current state is rather new. Aba + Dzago have been linked since quite some time (apart from a short interrupt from Miller), and we never had such big queues. Not sure if absolutely everyone transferred here, but our population seems to be growing quite hard since some months.

All this will be over anyway soon™

I believe this is a feedback to anet. You are not the only server that is underpopulated. Many servers out there are underpopulated and likewise servers overpopulated due to stacking. These issues are all consequences of players' actions and anet being indecisive (while worry of public backlash for possible authoritarian actions to contain imbalance issues) . Hopefully, anet is putting their server restructure as priority.

We'll. They could have just introduced something new. So when a player transferred to another server, he cannot transfer again for the next 3months.

That would make matchmaking more consistent. Make it more easy to link servers.

But it's giving anet less money so they will never ever do such a thing.

It's about time Anet starts adjusting the population properly, if they don't bring Alliances in this year. Piken is apparently as Full, and Deso is Very High, even though WSR got bandwagoned in recent months; it's still apparently High population with a link.

RS and Kodash are stuck in T4-T5 too, even though they're some of the stronger (fighting) servers around when they can compete, there's not enough players to fill every server to make it 'feel' populated as it used to be.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Piken is apparently as Full, and Deso is Very High, even though WSR got bandwagoned in recent months; it's still apparently High population with a link.Odds are Deso will be displayed as medium soon, since last week another guild moved to WSR and now there's probably only one left. Being linked with WSR now I can confirm the server is stacked with guilds.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:Piken is apparently as Full, and Deso is Very High, even though WSR got bandwagoned in recent months; it's still apparently High population with a link.Odds are Deso will be displayed as medium soon, since last week another guild moved to WSR and now there's probably only one left. Being linked with WSR now I can confirm the server is stacked with guilds.

Endless stupidity of guilds tho. All stack the same server and then complain that WvW is boring and nothing to do during raids, no enemies to fight, "wvw so daed", blobing is boring because everyone gets one-pushed by their 4 guild blobs, but they all lack the balls to go somewhere where fighting other servers would be challenging.

Bravo, bravo... /slowly claps

@samo.1054 said:

@"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:Piken is apparently as Full, and Deso is Very High, even though WSR got bandwagoned in recent months; it's still apparently High population with a link.Odds are Deso will be displayed as medium soon, since last week another guild moved to WSR and now there's probably only one left. Being linked with WSR now I can confirm the server is stacked with guilds.

Endless stupidity of guilds tho. All stack the same server and then complain that WvW is boring and nothing to do during raids, no enemies to fight, "wvw so daed", blobing is boring because everyone gets one-pushed by their 4 guild blobs, but they all lack the balls to go somewhere where fighting other servers would be challenging.

Bravo, bravo... /slowly claps

Exactly my thoughts. They all move to one server and complain they have no one to fight. Then it hits them and they bandwagon again. It was the same with Vabbi + UW. Now it's WSR. What's going to be next? They'll decide to make another underpopulated server great again?

They all want to join the Cool Kids Club.

History repeats itself.

@Nimon.7840 said:Same goes for drakkar. No linking server anymore. The full elona server got miller's sound linked and they are just so much more people. Same goes for abadon+dzago.Bothlinks had like 60+ queue on all maps on reset. Drakkar was at 30 on one map and others had only very small queue.

But still. I won't transfer. That's just moneymaking strategy of anet. I'm hoping they will work hard on new wvw. Even though I don't expect it to come before next year.

i dont have any pity for drakkar. many drakkars wanted to be unlinked and flamed their linking Partners as trash because drakkar thought they were gods. now you got what you wanted, and you see how much you can do by your own....nothing xD...

@"Nimon.7840" said:We'll. They could have just introduced something new. So when a player transferred to another server, he cannot transfer again for the next 3months.

Won't help. Players will simply transfer to the most "successful" server, or if that is impossible, either to the next most successful or simply wait for a slot to open up. The same imbalances will occur, because (enough) players are not interested in "fair fights", they are interested in winning, and optimize for that.

I don't think servers can be named without the post being removed or closed. The server I am on was closed for over a year, and has only recently opened up, but unfortunately, a little to late. Often games die out due to important aspects of the play being overlooked, and forum post from frustrated players are overlooked due to the sheer volume.After nearly 6 years, I look at my guild of 500 players, and see maybe 30/500 actually active daily (some inactive for years but still on the guild sheet).I also only see PoF profession being addressed in WvW, the HoT players who also paid for that expansion have been left and forgotten, and its either buy PoF or play with builds that struggle against these new builds. I see so much time and effort put into a single profession which will do what exactly? perma stealth, one shot dead? No skill required, 50 clones? no skill required, So much condi you cant ourun it being cast in front of you, and you just overrun? No skill required their either. I still play, but the linking is not the issue, its the way the game has gone, which cannot be undone, damage done, weak servers, weak players, frustrated people. Without the players, nothing matters, nothing, not even a bad linking.

@Inoki.6048 said:

Might happen. Desolation is still classified as "high" = same as WSR, but feels really empty. But I don't play at night, so maybe night presence keeps Desolation's status as "high".

Makes me think that Arenanet's population status calculations must be off. I once read a dev post saying that the amount of different accounts logging to WvWvW per week was used as 1 measurement. This is clearly a false metric. Servers can now be unfairly punished by having a large, but casual player base, who just logs in to do few dailies and then signs out. The only metric to measure WvWvW population should be the amount of players active and logged to a WvWvW borderland map or WvWvW on each server per each tick.

Well, gotta stay on the positive side. No queues = no waiting. And ticks go faster with the outnumbered buff. Sadly usually both enemy servers focus Desolation, instead of fighting each other, because it is easier to win a 40 vs 20, than more equal fights.

Previous posts have mentioned play hours, with ranks to a point and numbers of people.

They have not released the formula though. And they do have the ability to manually lock it as well.

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Piken is apparently as Full, and Deso is Very High, even though WSR got bandwagoned in recent months; it's still apparently High population with a link.Odds are Deso will be displayed as medium soon, since last week another guild moved to WSR and now there's probably only one left. Being linked with WSR now I can confirm the server is stacked with guilds.

Makes me think that Arenanet's population status calculations must be off. I once read a dev post saying that the amount of different accounts logging to WvWvW per week was used as 1 measurement. This is clearly a false metric. Servers can now be unfairly punished by having a large, but casual player base, who just logs in to do few dailies and then signs out. The only metric to measure WvWvW population should be the amount of players active and logged to a WvWvW borderland map or WvWvW on each server per each tick.

Deso has no right to complain about being outnumbered or doubleteamed after months you had 2-3 times more people 24\7 that any other server, upgrading empty enemy borders and karmatrainign them. Why haven't you complained here when u had a WSR as a link who carried you? Everythin was ok when your enemies had 24\7 outnumbered buff?Deso has always being a PVE server and that's is the price, you deserve what you have now when their is noone to carry you.

Archived