Lets Take a Vote On what we want to see for Next Season For Rank Que

zoopop.5630

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

Great, that would cut the whining down by about 80%. Having some snowflake ruining games running rifle warrior in the top tiers of eu (everyone knows who) and throwing games ain't an enjoyable experience.

@pah.4931 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

ANET would be cutting it's own throat to re - implement team queue. I admit though... they may not understand that.

You're still allowed to solo-q though. Anet was pretty clear that they matched teams against better solo players and teams lost more often because of that. I know you don't like how it FEELS and that in today's culture one's feelings is more important than anything else in the world ... but the data is there.

p.s. I probably wouldn't team-q ... though sometimes I'd queue with my two brothers when we play together. The only other option is to add pips to unranked so people can play together and get the same rewards for it.

Being a GenX'r I resent the implied slight. The reality is that teams exploit solos. That's been shown over and over. Long ago, team and solo were separate queues. They were merged because team queue was too slow. That helped the teams but hammered the solos. Thus it has been ever since.

That decision, among others, led us down the path to where we are now. The population doesn't justify a separate team queue. Teams vs Solo is tantamount to fixing the match for the teams.

The only viable reason for wanting teams at this point: So that teams can exploit non teams and rise quickly in rank ( above their "deserved" level. )
Beside that, there is a team queue. AT's are dominated by organized teams to the virtual exclusion of anyone else. Want team queue? go play ATs.

ATs are between 1-4 games every six hours, with the first three being complete stomps.The only viable reason isn't for people to climbing a pointless leaderboard for titles that doesn't mean anything. It's too bring back some sort of competition to this game outside of monthlies and the occasional AT.

I don't even know why you are advocating against the return of duo, as you would remain unaffected by the change.

Only if by "competition" you mean the chance to curb stomp solos.
There's absolutely nothing competitive about team vs solo
and there isn't population to support a team queue.

Try reading my post over until you realise what I actually wrote. I'm not asking for teamqueue. I'm asking to be able to duo above 1600.

I stand by what I said.

But what you said had nothing to do with the post you quoted. But hey, who cares.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aktium.9506 said:Nah. Keep duo and team gone.

We need more daily AT slots though.

Ranked should be only team-q. And continue to be conquest-only.

Unranked should be solo or team-q. And ideally have a random mix of maps: conquest, stronghold (redesigned), capture the flag, etc.

Both should have pips and chests. Ranked should have extra goodies.

i love the comments we dont have enough pop for a team only que.... well let that be the problem of those who want a team que.... thats not counter argument for not having a team que at all...i personally would not mind a wait for a good team game.... afterall i could literally wvw or pve or spvp in a hot join while i wait i dont mind it.... and im sure others feel the same way....

the community has degraded to toxic and salt levels that make people want to uninstall the game after 1-2 games of being attacked with "get good" comments and the unblock feature should only need to be used as the exception not the rule....

IF i want to avoid playing with a player who afks just bc of what class im playing then by golly i should be able to form a 5 man and avoid him nothing is more frustrating then the way anet set spvp to be right now!

and who cares if some solo players decide they dont want to play anymore bc of premades that is a player who brings no other players to the game where as someone who is for team play could potentially bring 5+ players to the game mode

Y’all dont understand .... players above average skill level can’t improve or get better if theirs absolutely noting for them beside solo rank with a bunch of randoms, Teams can’t get any better or improve to challenge top tier teams IF we aren’t given anything to help us be challenged.

Currently how ATs are it DOES not help the small pvp guilds aiming to be better if we are beating crap Teams 0-500 and then losing at finals to the best team by 300-400 points.... theirs noting to really learn from any of that , I mean you can try but in reality noting to be really learned.

Anet needs to offer something better .... and Unrank and AT’s aren’t the solution for us.

@"Nova.3817" said:i love the comments we dont have enough pop for a team only que.... well let that be the problem of those who want a team que.... thats not counter argument for not having a team que at all...i personally would not mind a wait for a good team game.... afterall i could literally wvw or pve or spvp in a hot join while i wait i dont mind it.... and im sure others feel the same way....

the community has degraded to toxic and salt levels that make people want to uninstall the game after 1-2 games of being attacked with "get good" comments and the unblock feature should only need to be used as the exception not the rule....

IF i want to avoid playing with a player who afks just bc of what class im playing then by golly i should be able to form a 5 man and avoid him nothing is more frustrating then the way anet set spvp to be right now!

and who cares if some solo players decide they dont want to play anymore bc of premades that is a player who brings no other players to the game where as someone who is for team play could potentially bring 5+ players to the game mode

I mean if they want their 1 hour ques fine by me. Doesn't affect me as a solo player. I don't know why ppl make a fuss about it in the first place..

@Vieux P.1238 said:Dint we voted last time like last month on this Question already? & the results was pretty clear? Only difference this time it's kinda rephrase differently? But same overall question.

After looking for the thread in question for 5 or so minutes, I give up. However, the poll were at 42% in favor of re-introducing teams. 52% in favor of SoloQing staying and 6% didn't care. At least the last time I saw the thread. This means, by not re-introducing team-queue (or at least duo). You ignore ~42% of your player-base by making them somewhat unable to enjoy the game.

If they were to introduce duos back into the game, you can still SoloQ all you want. No one is taking that away from you.Before you start complaining about getting farmed by premades, remember that OFFICIAL statistics proved that teams lost more than they won. Even with teams like Car Crashed going 250-2 by farming off-hours.

@Vieux P.1238 said:Dint we voted last time like last month on this Question already? & the results was pretty clear? Only difference this time it's kinda rephrase differently? But same overall question.

After looking for the thread in question for 5 or so minutes, I give up.

My feelings exactly. It feel's like the 2016 election all over again. (Metaphor) Hillary lost to Trump & now she want's a new revote no matter what the results. It's like guys, let it go.. Let it go you Hillaries.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

My feelings exactly. It feel's like the 2016 election all over again. (Metaphor) Hillary lost to Trump & now she want's a new revote no matter what the results. It's like guys, let it go.. Let it go you Hillaries.

why should I or anyone else looking to play competitive with 4 others "let go" of the possibility of it happening? Because you say so?

One having hope for something shouldn't stop believing that, it'll eventually happen or something similar would be introduce to those who want a team competitive game based system

@Vieux P.1238 said:

If only the elections worked like Anets poll....

Vote in Trump for a trial, after 3 months you can have a re-poll to see if he stays....... Only you never get a repoll, just this happy Trump smile.yEepXSR.jpg

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:ATs are between 1-4 games every six hours, with the first three being complete stomps.

That's right they are, and this is exactly what is going to happen to the regular rated queue when you add teams to it. We've already seen win trade exploiting on duo queues as it is. I'm pretty sure you're aware of this already, and I think we all know why you're in favor of it anyways, no offense (and before anyone misreads this, no im not implying hes bad, I'm implying he's lazy).

I think the best solution for everyone is to add pip farming AND teams to the unrated queue, and remove duos from the rated queue, leaving the cosmetics and such for the rated.

And lets not kid ourselves on the legitimacy of this poll either. LOL @ anyone who actually buys this crap from anet about teams losing to solos, that isn't how MMR works.

@Legatus.3608 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:ATs are between 1-4 games every six hours, with the first three being complete stomps.

That's right they are, and this is exactly what is going to happen to the regular rated queue when you add teams to it. We've already seen win trade exploiting on duo queues as it is. I'm pretty sure you're aware of this already, and I think we all know why you're in favor of it anyways, no offense (and before anyone misreads this, no im not implying hes bad, I'm implying he's lazy).

I think the best solution for everyone is to add pip farming AND teams to the unrated queue, and remove duos from the rated queue, leaving the cosmetics and such for the rated.

And lets not kid ourselves on the legitimacy of this poll either. LOL @ anyone who actually buys this crap from anet about teams losing to solos, that isn't how MMR works.

I'm not advocating for teams. I'm advocating for the return of duo. The only legit God of PvP was during duo queue seasons, but I guess that's irrelevant.I also guess ArenaNet went out of their way to concoct fake statistics on order to support people's claims for the return of team queue after they removed it, that also sounds like something a gaming company would do.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a shit what you think the reason for me wanting duo back is. You're free to think that I need to be carried or that I want to win-trade more easily.I don't want teams or duos in order to farm pips. I want it so that ranked becomes a bit more competitive than it currently is.

I'm not advocating for teams. I'm advocating for the return of duo. The only legit God of PvP was during duo queue seasons, but I guess that's irrelevant.I also guess ArenaNet went out of their way to concoct fake statistics on order to support people's claims for the return of team queue after they removed it, that also sounds like something a gaming company would do.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a kitten what you think the reason for me wanting duo back is. You're free to think that I need to be carried or that I want to win-trade more easily.I don't want teams or duos in order to farm pips. I want it so that ranked becomes a bit more competitive than it currently is.

Having separate groups of players (duo and solo) in the same queue is not more competitive, its less. This isn't an opinion its a fact. If you can't even agree on the facts then were going to have a rough time in this debate.

If you know anything about how mmr works, you know that anets claim about duo queue is false as well. It literally cannot be possible for the duo and the solo rating to be the same, at the very least. Regardless of what anet does to the queue when the duo enters it, the mmr system eventually finds their equilibrium and their final win loss will be roughly equal. It's not physically possible for duo to have substantially more losses than wins outside of their placements.

It's also funny to me that you think anything legit comes out of a mode where that non competitive system exists, but I digress.

I'm not here to argue about this so much as to correct obvious misinformation. If you were to argue that duo makes the game more fun, I'd disagree but I'd also let it go since that's opinion territory. But to argue duo+solo in the same queue is more competitive than just solo? Well... No.

I'd like to see team que as an option in ranked but I totally understand why it isn't there.

Anets analysis on team que concluding that teams quers lost more often to solo quers is a misleading statistic. This is just an average, but the average isn't important.

For example, 80% of premade teams in ranked could be casuals in silver n gold who are not putting the effort in to have any real organized team advantage. The other 20% would likely occupy a strong majority of the top 250 rankings and would put a ton of effort into maximizing the benefits of organized team play.

This creates a ceiling for competive solo que players. Whether or not one thinks this matters or not doesn't change the fact that its an issue that can only be solved with one side being unsatisfied.

@zoopop.5630 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" with over 70 votes... seem like team rank has had the most votes.Don't be ridiculous. We have these votes every week and this is the first time teamq took over by like 2 votes. Currently it reflects the opinion of a vocal minority who come here to complain, while we have 1000+ pvp players outside the forums.

Also a few more examples from here, with 3 times amount the votes:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33233/5-man-queue-season-11-trial/p1

Duoq:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28891/should-duoq-return-for-1600

And I could go on... You just waited for the moment when teamq took over. It hardly justifies changing it.

edit: also the vote is very tricky here, as removing duoq below 1600 and keeping the things as now are essentially the same answers. If you add them it overwhelms teamq by far.

Ya know a lot of population problems come from not being able to queue with friends/guild-mates. In my experience, ifI believe I'm starting on a lose streak; I'll just stop playing and surprise! Their's one more decent player not queuing. That's what happens. Plus numbers combat cheaters, hackers, win traders; you name it we have it. Stop placating to the retards that play this game. This restriction damaged the dissemination of information for players to improve themselves. It would be funny if for one season it was styled like season 4 where the matchmaker used the highest players MMR and often pitted the group against smaller better groups & better singles or had worse pugs. I promise you the match quality will be better for most people over all. See with groups and be in discord run real comps not Ranked Q cheese way.......3 scourges, p/p thiefs. Plus in the end the Best players end in top any way. Also better to be outplayed than out thrown<<<<<<Notice this is the "big point" right here.

I mean Ben we have games that are 500- to sub 100 lol. Fun for All!!!!!!!

Its funny cause your system relies on too many variables and It's not hard to know how to undermine them. Which is why we need this.

Archived