GW2 Story - When will the bad guys win?

I would actually say that Dragon Watch/Destinies Edge consists primarily of bad guys already.Rytlock: Stole a heritage sword from the humans, unleashed Balthazar.Logan: Betrayer.Caithe: Sistermurderer.Canach: Ex Convict. Probably still the most good natured of the villain side, he always reminds me of a militant environment protector.Marjory: Worked with Balthazar just for the heck of it.

I would consider Braham neutral while more on the villain side, with Taimi on the other side of the spectrum.

Good in a classic sense are only Rox and Kashmeer.

The hero of GW2 is just the hero by default because he is not a megalomaniac like Joko or a force of nature like the Dragons, he is just a gullible buffoon who happens to live in the world others want to destroy.

I personally would have rather joined forces with Caudecus instead of Joko before he turned insane, he had some valid points in his agenda.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Torolan.5816" said:I would actually say that Dragon Watch/Destinies Edge consists primarily of bad guys already.Rytlock: Stole a heritage sword from the humans, unleashed Balthazar.Logan: Betrayer.Caithe: Sistermurderer.Canach: Ex Convict. Probably still the most good natured of the villain side, he always reminds me of a militant environment protector.Marjory: Worked with Balthazar just for the heck of it.

I would consider Braham neutral while more on the villain side, with Taimi on the other side of the spectrum.

Good in a classic sense are only Rox and Kashmeer.

The hero of GW2 is just the hero by default because he is not a megalomaniac like Joko or a force of nature like the Dragons, he is just a gullible buffoon who happens to live in the world others want to destroy.

I personally would have rather joined forces with Caudecus instead of Joko before he turned insane, he had some valid points in his agenda.

All of that is a huge, giant stretch to call them "bad guys", I think your post is tongue-in-cheek or you're trying to be contrary.

I obviously don´t think it is stretch, at least not a giant one.

Rytlock wields a sword he does not own, goes AWOL and freed Balthazar. He had no idea that it was Balthazar, but it does not need a Rocket Scientist to realize that an immensely powerful guy trapped in the mist could be there for a reason and some research would have come in handy. He is kind of a colonel for his forces and just goes AWOL whenever he wants, even when his people directly call him back.Logan betrayed his friends. It may have been a difficult decision and he also has my sympathy lately, but he made it and it just brands him.Caithe murdered her sister and actively murdered the centaurs protecting her. Being gullible and inexperienced does not negate that, especially when you think that she is the same age of both Faolain and Wynne but the only elder silvary who has neither a conscience or experience.Canach basically confirmed that he is ok with the jail time he served because his measures were too extreme in the Southsun cove. He is the antihero if there is one.*Marjory called the commander to buzz off like Rytlock when she decided to follow the polymorphed Balthazar, but only Braham gets called out for this kind of behavior.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I’ve said it before, if we defeat Joko without him getting a chance at releasing the plague he was never a real threat in the first p,ace

This is gonna sound bad, but i just want him dead and gone at this point, i really dont care how we go about it anymore. Hes annoying, he was annoying in the first game too. Though he could definitely take a certain Norn with him...

If you think the bad guys never win in GW then you're not paying much attention. Every victory just sets the stage for the next big catastrophe. Killing Zhaitan empowered mordremoth and primordus, killing mordremoth also boosted primordus, etc

Even killing Balthazar just made Kralkatorrik stronger.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:If you think the bad guys never win in GW then you're not paying much attention. Every victory just sets the stage for the next big catastrophe. Killing Zhaitan empowered mordremoth and primordus, killing mordremoth also boosted primordus, etc

But what happens if we kill the final baddy?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:If you think the bad guys never win in GW then you're not paying much attention. Every victory just sets the stage for the next big catastrophe. Killing Zhaitan empowered mordremoth and primordus, killing mordremoth also boosted primordus, etc

But what happens if we kill the
final
baddy?

The game ends.

@"phokus.8934" said:I just want to see the "bad guys" win for once and not have to be the hero with the biggest luck in the history of ever.

Paul Joko seems like a good guy who just got a bad rap. Can we see him win and us heroes lose a battle for once?Spoiler Warning

He just did win, I mean we escaped with our lives but Joko got the Scarab Plague. Bad guys win all the time in the story. Mordremoth took out the pact fleet, Zhaitan took out Clorr Island, Balthazar was always 1 step ahead of us in LS3 and we only barely stopped him from ending it all and put Primordus and Jormag back to hibernation, and Balthazzar killed Vlast, killed us, and though we did beat him, his energy was largely absorbed by Kralkatorrik, who we have NO idea how to stop because killing him would be bad, so we're focusing on Joko.

@Sir Alric.5078 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:I just want to see the "bad guys" win for once and not have to be the hero with the biggest luck in the history of ever.

Paul Joko seems like a good guy who just got a bad rap. Can we see him win and us heroes lose a battle for once?

You want to see the bad guys win? That's super easy! All you have to do is close GW2 and turn on the TV, or just go outside your home. The real world is full of bad guys winning all the time, so that should make you happy. ;)

I, on the other end, like to see the good guys win. At least that way i can pretend that justice
can
prevail, even if only in fiction.

That's so sad and true...

Paul Joko seems like a good guy who just got a bad rap. Can we see him win and us heroes lose a battle for once?

If Palawa Joko looks like a good guy and we are fighting against him, it must be a "bad guy win" end, if we defeat him, right? :)However, Palawa won since he was freed in GW1. He defeated all heros from GW1 and also whole Elona. Since then he has the "winner" status.

I don't know if you played LS1 but if, do you remember Scarlet? We never really won against her, he destroyed her puppet and some of her servants but in the end she got what she wanted and won her war.

@"Lord Kreegan.8123" said:The bad guys always win; ANet just has you brainwashed to think they're losing.

Go do one of the story's final bosses like Balthazar:Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez -Die - Rez - Die - Rez -Die - Rez - Die - Rez - repeat ad infinitum for three hours+.

Your armor is destroyed, unless you were foolish enough to buy 1000 repair kits in the gem store (probably not enough, but it's just a scam anyway) and even with the "special sword" [no spoilers here] you will barely be able to whittle the god down over hours and hours of extraordinarily repetitive fighting.

Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez - Die - Rez -Die - Rez - Die - Rez -Die - Rez - Die - Rez - repeat ad infinitum for three hours+.

Almost every time you try to use your elite skill or the special sword's key skills, Balthazar knocks you down, stuns you, roots you, or insta-kills you. Right... yeah... that's a challenge. NOT.

BORING to the max...

So, who won? A virtual enemy was finally extinguished, but I got bored to death and the rewards were crap; plus I lost three hours out of my life.

There is no doubt; the bad guy won...

Here all this time I thought I was a bad player for playing a Power Reaper, Mordy one shot on all 4 of my Reapers, Balthazar 1 Shot on 2 of my Reapers (the other two are still in Season 3.

These Meta Raid groups would be sleep walking through content if they just loaded up on nothing but Scourges and Reapers.

So I guess Necromancers the bad guys will always win (problem being the community in Group PVE has problems opening their hearts to evil).

Dragons won, if one more dies, world goes bye bye. We have Aurene to take place of one dragon, but it doesn't mean she won't go bonkers and become Dragon Hitler

Paul Joko is indeed a good guy, too bad his brother Palawa turned him into a mindless zombie...

Now as far as bad guys winning, i'll cite you the following examples:

• Claw Island, your mentor dies;
  • Your greatest fear comes true while forming the pact;
  • Scarlet woke up Mordemoth, pretty much the whole season 1 was a string of Scarlet victories;
  • Belinda dies, several Pact fortresses are destroyed, some waypoints are lost forever;
  • Eir dies;
  • Trahearne dies;
  • Zojja is so badly wounded in a Blighting Pod, you've never seen her since her rescue;
  • Balthazar regains his power;
  • Balthazar kills you;
  • Kralkatorrik eats up most of Balthazar's power.

There's more, but i don't have all day.

All it takes for the "bad guys" to win is for the "good characters" to play poorly.

All of the PoF Balthazar kills everything constantly (including aurene´s brother), made a major character from the first game to his minion that you have to kill to release and hands the commander´s a!@# to him/her gift-wrapped every time they fight until he kills actually kills him/her. That was quite a beating. I would call it a win.

Also btw Paul Joko´s borther has already won centuries ago. Being a Gw1 playing seeing Kamadan like this with a different name and half of the companions either ghosts or awakened is pretty dark. In Elona the ¨bad guys¨ have won a long time now.

I actually really liked the way they set up Balthazar in the PoF story. He was pretty good adversary.In our first direct encounter with him, we didnt stand a chance and got saved by Vlast. The second time he actually DID kill us. And the third time we had help from 2 dragons (since kralky supposedly also did something).

Paul on the other hand seems ....insignificant. Like a James Bond villan; a schemer who could be easily dealt with if you just catch him.In all our encounters with him, he is either powerless (chained up in the domain of the lost) or runs away and leaves behind some minions to just delay us.Not to mention that his entire entourage and political power can be compromised by the illusions of a single mesmer.

@"BikeIsGone.8675" said:I actually really liked the way they set up Balthazar in the PoF story. He was pretty good adversary.In our first direct encounter with him, we didnt stand a chance and got saved by Vlast. The second time he actually DID kill us. And the third time we had help from 2 dragons (since kralky supposedly also did something).

And we had the powered-up magic sword from Rythlok if us using it is considered canon (instead of "just" a gameplay element).

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Paul Joko is indeed a good guy, too bad his brother Palawa turned him into a mindless zombie...

• Scarlet woke up Mordemoth, pretty much the whole season 1 was a string of Scarlet victories;
  • Belinda dies, several Pact fortresses are destroyed, some waypoints are lost forever;
  • Eir dies;
  • Trahearne dies;
  • Zojja is so badly wounded in a Blighting Pod, you've never seen her since her rescue;
  • Balthazar kills you;

When will Taimi be added to the list? ?

@Dreygor.8597 said:

• Eir dies;
  • Trahearne dies;
  • Balthazar kills you;

When will Taimi be added to the list? ?

Is there a reason to?

Archived