Stop Pairing me with Two thieves

kahzee.6042

Shit post.... two good thieves will constantly cap and decap together faster then any other class and stealth for days. Not to mention when the enemy team sends 1 from mid to cap their home the thief will easily down them in a 1v1... unless its a decent mes.

@Bear.9568 said:kitten post.... two good thieves will constantly cap and decap together faster then any other class and stealth for days. Not to mention when the enemy team sends 1 from mid to cap their home the thief will easily down them in a 1v1... unless its a decent mes.

Cap and decap faster together? Outside of WvW, number of players on objective does not help with filling the circle faster.I would also point out that, in a situation where im bunkerin' on a point with my spellbreaker, thief going for a +1 is not ideal for the opposing team. If he tries 1v1... 2 thieves on discord setting up CC chain could be an issue, but then again - 4v3 on the rest of the map, SB going down will take them at least 30 secs+ their initiative pool... It sounds good in theory to have 2 thieves on a team but it has so many issues that i don't believe it is optimal , unless of course we are talking about some AT with good organised group that has a plan * (plan may include swapping 1 thief during the match for instance)

@"pah.4931" said:No tourney comp would ever run two thieves successfully.

I just wish they'd get rid of class stacking once and for all, but I guess the queue times couldn't take it.

2-3 months ago the runner up for the EU monthly at ran double thieves. Sure they lost to rank 55 but it was the closest any team got to beating 55 and the fact they made it to the finals in the first place is testament that double thief is perfectly viable. This whole "double thief gg we lose" is just a dumb meme at this point which people need to learn.

2-3 months ago the runner up for the EU monthly at ran double thieves. Sure they lost to rank 55 but it was the closest any team got to beating 55 and the fact they made it to the finals in the first place is testament that double thief is perfectly viable.

Tournament -> premade group, i would venture to say with discord/teamspeak coordinating action on the map. Stacking classes with idea behind it has it's merits. I did not watch that match, sounds like it could be interesting to see how they controlled the map.I will point out here that using that one match as basis for the argument is in the area of anecdotal evidence.

Looking at purely conceptual level, bringing 2 thieves does not 1) shore up a weakness nor does it 2) provide edge in gameplay. Switching one thief for mesmer: Portal provides movement tricks to replace shortbow, (and it's superior in some instances with gating your teammates), could spec to many different roles, can play on point for prolonged periods of time if needed... A case could be made for a lot of classes, that having one of them instead of thief #2 is a net benefit for the team composition, providing of course that a player is capable of playing the class he brings.

While i agree that people should not rage/threaten to go AFK when they see 2 thieves, if you have 2 good players running them it's not a handicap, i do understand the desire of players to get the best comp possible. And since class switching is allowed still, they will often nudge thief to switch to something else.

It's actually really annoying that if I queue as thief is because I want to play thief and most of the time I need to swap to warrior because the other thief never want to change. Neither I'd like to run with 2 thieves in the comp when there's always shitload of condi aoe spam from one-click cancer classes like scourge and mesmers. The most annoying thing is you are forced to play the "class of the moment" just because it takes too long to fix banal OP abilities.

@kahzee.6042 said:It is almost always a guaranteed loss!

Completely situational.As far as I can see, most people are used to a setup with 1 roamer (thief in this case) and can find it difficult to adapt when there are 2 or more of them. In addition, the thief players can often be confused as they may not be accustomed to playing in that composition either. It takes some figuring out, but players need to be flexible and adjust their strategy to maximize the potential of their composition.If people try to stick to their preferred tactic regardless of their team mates, then, I agree it's not likely to be a great outcome.Personally I've been in matches where the higher mobility teams have dominated due to higher burst potential, the element of surprise and the ability to out-rotate and out-pace a more standard composition. On the flipside of that, when you have players trying to take on the roles of other classes (like a thief trying to team-fight rather than +1 or cap/decap), you also see things falling apart.

2 thieves is fine when both thieves are good and are on top of capping/decamping points, with 2 thieves your team can just keep the other team from getting any points without putting a full on bunker on the point to stand there. But then that bunker isn’t in team fights giving support/tankyness and the thieves can kill who they want in the fight etc.

The problem is, 9/10 times when you get 2 thieves on the team, at least one of them is Incompetent and barely capable of rational thought. And in the worst case both of them are, and thief is a class where you’re either absolutely amazing and are a total pain in the ass for the enemy team, or you’re absolutely worthless and you’re just gonna sink your teams MMR every game you play.

Archived